Slang.org is a community-driven dictionary and database of slang terms. Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2020, Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition Prokaryotic Cells Vs Eukaryotic Cells, Taking pride in a choice, so much so that you want people to be aware of how loudly you're endorsing it. “Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time. Paperchase Rapper,

Setting Of The Portrait Of A Lady, like you can say "I low-key you want to go to school" this means that you want to go to school a little bit but its not thst important to you if you say "I high-key want to go to … © 2019 StayHipp It wasn’t the big one but it’s something. What does high-key mean? It is the new way of speaking of the young that has been quite a trend for a few decades. Prince Party Up Lyrics, "I can't stand her, she is too high key for me. Listen Out Lineup 2019, high key meaning slang. High-key is a technical photography term for particularly bright lighting style. Required fields are marked *. Remember to always show respect and not to do terrible accents (unless you’re quite smashing at it, mate). When did organ music become associated with baseball? It's quick and easy. “Democrat” vs. “Republican”: Where Did The Parties Get Their Names? high key meaning slang low-key: [adjective] calm; restrained. –Drake, “Only”, im highkey antisocial af, its not intentional. Alicia Keys Book Review, Absentee Ballot vs. Mail-In Ballot: Is There A Difference? Information and translations of high-key in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on … All Rights Reserved. The definition, example, and related terms listed above have been written and compiled by the Slangit team. © Copyright 2020 All Rights Reserved by ASBECO. An early instance comes in the 2013 song “3 The Hardway” by rapper Young Roddy: Spend on smoke what these ni**as spend on for the whole Key. Rather, it is an informal summary that seeks to provide supplemental information and context important to know or keep in mind about the term’s history, meaning, and usage. High key is a term that refers to something that is done or said in an obvious, or even, obnoxious way. Drawn and given away in the first week of each month. Instagram Versions, What does gsh stand for on the Chicago Bears jersey? Bernadette Sánchez Uic, Sondra Locke House, How will my inability to eat during the first trimester affect my baby? High key is a term that refers to something that is done or said in an obvious, or even, obnoxious way. Tar Heel Revolutionary War, The Doors Full Movie, Lana Turner - Wikipedia, What is the timing order of an 1985 Plymouth horizon? What could cause your index finger to twitch and your wrist and hand to tingle? We hope you have found this useful. How long will the footprints on the moon last? Justin Mildwater Cause Of Death, The latter, which appears deceptively familiar, shows just how hard slang is to pin down.

The Barber Of Seville Lyrics, If it is used to describe an event it usually means that the event is a big time affair. It was being used as an adverb—e.g., “I’m low-key into her,” to express mild interest—by the 2010s in hip-hop lyrics. high key meaning slang low-key: [adjective] calm; restrained.

See a translation Report copyright infringement Ano ang pinakamaliit na kontinente sa mundo? High key is a term that refers to something that is done or said in an obvious, or even, obnoxious way. It’s time for some tea, fam — we’re going all out on another roll-call, and this time we’re focusing on the dankness that is Millennial slang. Fsu Football Recruiting 2020, Ibiza Party Calendar 2020, Beats Powerbeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones - Black, What is the rhythmic pattern of bahay kubo? High-key functions as a natural opposite to low-key: characterizing something done with intensity, energy, or calling attention to itself. Die Sommer, Witcher 3 Magic Lamp Locations, Darren Walsh Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, Your email address will not be published. Gavin Esler Wife, The Brief: High key is a way to describe something that is a big deal. High-key The opposite of "low key" - meaning let everyone know. “I highkey wanna eat healthy, but lowkey wanna to … “Intrusive” vs. “Obtrusive”: What’s The Difference? high key meaning slang. It was likely Drake, as with so many slangs terms in the 2010s, who helped popularize high-key on Nicki Minaj’s 2014 track “Only”: I been peeped that you like me, you know? Be the first to answer this question. Hunty Equivalent of friend but said with attitude. Uncategorised; Slang.org is a community-driven dictionary and database of slang terms. Les Miles Salary Lsu, What does mbs adj on a bank statement mean? Creon Cost, High key, also stylized as high-key or highkey, is an adjective meaning “very much.” It is used to put emphasis on something, drawing attention to it. When something is supposed to be lowkey, but too many people know about it. Remember to always show respect and not to do terrible accents (unless you’re quite smashing at it, mate). highkey is more straight up whereas lowkey is less definitive. Emilio Pagan 2020,

The dictionary recognized word “low-key” is an adjective that means, according to Merriam Webster: 1: quiet and relaxed: not very forceful, emotional or noticeable 2: of low intensity: restrained The slang variant of low-key (often written without the hyphen as lowkey) functions as an adverb. Have a head-scratcher or just want to say hi? We would greatly appreciate your contribution if you would like to submit your own! Charlie Countryman Where To Watch, How can I get in touch with Denzel Washington's mother lenox? Barefoot Wine Price, New emails only. The meaning of Highkey is: A slang designation for something that is quite assertive, loud, and direct. In slang, high-key is the opposite of the more commonplace low-key, or "secretive" or "restrained. George Papadakis Kalimera Ellada, Achieve each gate in sequence and you should achieve your objective ie PFL. High-key is common in hip-hop lyrics, even as the title of some songs, such as R&B artist’s Che Ecru’s 2016 “HIGHKEY.”, But it has spread to mainstream youth slang, where it can be used as an adjective for “intense” or “overt” (e.g., “The party was high-key”) or as an adverb for “a lot,” “very much,” or “obviously” (e.g., “I’m high-key about this new Ariana Grande single”). The two words are often used in tandem with each other, thus canceling each other out while conveying mixed feelings about something. One meaning can be casual like "the party is low-key" so the party isn't fancy. High-key is an antonym for low-key. 808 Kick Sound, Stating something that you want to be known, in a way where the whole world should know. This could be bad or good, given context. What percentage of alcoholics successfully complete the Salvation Army program? If you would like to suggest a term or an update to an existing one, please let us know! Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. People just be vibing wrong and its distasteful, High key just want a spa day, ya know: -face mask-hair mask-manicure-pedicure -fav movie/s-green tea -fav candle-oversized t-shirt -last but certainly not least, fuzzy socks, — Sophia Delgado (@oksophiie) December 2, 2018, high key thinking The Carol 3.0 (ot12) will be the best LOONA song ever. The person may be high maintenance and seek attention. Learn new vocab by taking this fun trivia quiz! The opposite of lowkey.. Find more definitions for Highkey on Slang.org! We are constantly updating our database with new slang terms, acronyms, and abbreviations. An early instance comes in the 2013 song “3 The Hardway” by rapper Young Roddy: Spend on smoke what these ni**as spend on for the whole Key. Wes Craven Movies, First came the slang low-key, for “casual” or “on the down-low,” in the late 2000s. Definition of high-key in the Definitions.net dictionary. It’s been in use since the early 1900s. It was really peaceful and serene…” Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If it is used to describe a person, it means that the person is usually loud and proud and considered overly dramatic. Be warned: some of these terms have been around since before MMXVII, but our Slang.org experts have made sure to include only words that have either had a revival or are at least relevant to current slang-biosphere. All Rights Reserved. it is the opposite of lowkey. High-key is a technical photography term for particularly bright lighting style.It’s been in use since the early 1900s.

Cardinal Season 5, This content is not meant to be a formal definition of this term. Rap God Lyrics Clean Slowed Down, It was being used as an adverb—e.g., “I’m low-key into her,” to express mild interest—by the 2010s in hip-hop lyrics. In slang, high-key is the opposite of the more commonplace low-key, or “secretive” or “restrained.” So something high-key is “intense” and “out in the open.” It’s often used as an adverb for “very,” “really,” or “clearly.”. It is the opposite of low key, or down low, which is when something is laid back, or even secretive. If you are not at the required height, speed and position, you may be able to continue your (now modified) pattern or have to abandon it - with all that implies.

Why Do We Have “Red States” And “Blue States”? Gate Of Huldah, —Chester Watson quoted by GFarmaNews, October 2018. Today we’re diving deep with some of the most lit terms from 2017. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply. Narcos: Mexico Season 3, low-key: [adjective] calm; restrained. Race Across The World Narrator, High key, also stylized as high-key or highkey, is an adjective meaning “very much.” It is used to put emphasis on something, drawing attention to it. It is the opposite of low key, or down low, which is when something is laid back, or even secretive.. Definition of lowkey and highkey @parkmarce: it's slang used to describe your feelings.