Herman Rarebell (born 18 November 1949 as Hermann Josef Erbel [1]) is a German musician, best known as the drummer for the band Scorpions from 1977 to 1995, during which time he played on eight studio albums. HERMAN RAREBELL of THE SEEING TREES and SCORPIONS’ Fame.

Herman Rarebell, aka Herman “Ze German”, was part of it all. More than just a drummer, Herman’s additional input through his imaginative and inspired songwriting was conceivably the key ingredient and missing component that led to their rise to prominence while most of those in the so-called “know” said they were only kidding themselves. Herman Rarebell (born 18 November 1949 as Hermann Josef Erbel) is a German musician, best known as the drummer for the band Scorpions from 1977 to 1995, during which time he played on eight studio albums.Aside from playing drums, Rarebell wrote or co-wrote several songs for the group such as "Another Piece of Meat", "Falling in Love" and "Passion Rules the Game". Sadly today (September 25, 2020), marks 40 years since the passing of Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham. You must log in or register to reply here. This article uses material from the article Herman Rarebell from the free encyclopedia Wikipedia and it is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Ex-Scorpions-Schlagzeuger Herman Rarebell kommt Anfang 2021 zusammen mit dem Hurricane Orchestra auf Europatour! It is written for all of our fans everywhere in the known world!!! Herman Rarebell, aka Herman “Ze German”, was part of it all. Herman Rarebell, aka Herman “Ze German”, was part of it all. If they'll make a 10×15 or 11×15 then I'll get one. Deciding between zildjian concept fx raw and istanbul agop trash hit. my take is this........... BIG fat bass obviously and a nice tight tom combination, 10 X 12 & 14 X 14. there is no best. Many people regard this as a very healthy thing. 20" 2002 crash . 18" 2002 crash . Copyright © 2020 Modern Drummer Publications. Herman 'Ze German' Rarebell (born 18 November 1949 as Hermann Erbel) is a German drummer, best known for his time in the band Scorpions from 1977 to 1995, during which he played on eight studio albums. Rarebell has been a long time user of Ludwig drums and Paiste cymbals, which he used for his entire duration with Scorpions, though he would occasionally alter the amount of drums and cymbals he would have on his setup. Paiste cymbals: 15" 2002 sound edge hi-hats . www.hermanrarebell.com Herman Rarebell — Keeping The Basics Together, Great 80s Drum Performances, Part 2: Jazz and Fusion, In The Studio-On The Road with RICK MAROTTA. The obvious examples of this new-found role for drummers are Phil Collins and Neil Peart. many people realize this. I want to get a 16" X 18" to go along with it but everyone thinks they are made of gold. Original Scorpions Drummer Herman Rarebell Since 1977, the world's most widely read drum magazine: in print, online, and the Modern Drummer app. Data-Privacy HAVE you noticed how more drummers seem to be getting involved in writing? For you guys who have a 14 and a 16, do you feel like you can tune them far enough apart to make a difference? More than just a well trip me out, Herman liked them big toms in front to ! can see exactly how pivotal his role was within the band. Paiste is the manufacturer of the highest quality handmade cymbals, gongs and other percussion instruments. Herman Rarebell. He wrote the lyrics for some of the band's classic songs such as "Rock You Like a Hurricane", "Make It Real", "Dynamite", "Blackout", "Arizona", "Bad Boys Running Wild", "Don't Stop at the Top", and "Tease Me Please Me". The largest online vintage drum museum on the planet. Batter was a Vintage Emperor tuned a little above what I consider medium tension and a coated Ambassador reso about a half step higher. Like Supershifter said, "there is no right", these are just my preferences. Any documentation? I use a 10" X 14" rack tom with my 14" X 28" Ludwig kit along with a 16" X 16" floor tom. Contact, © 2020 Schweizerische Radio- und Fernsehgesellschaft, This page was last modified 11.09.2018 02:16:35, 18/11/1949 in Hüttersdorf, Saarland, Germany, "Herman Rarebell "Top of the Rock" (single) Sweet Sounds/Interscope, Produced by Duke Jackson", "Herman Rarebell Discusses 'Take It As It Comes' Solo Album In Interview - Sep. 8, 2010", HardRadio.com interview with Herman Rarebell, MetalExpressRadio.com interview with Herman Rarebell, 1986 - Herman Ze German And Friends (Single) Wipe Out b/w Pancake, 2005 - Drum Legends(Rarebell/York/Antolini), 2007 - I’m Back (released in Germany, not distributed in the US), 2008 - Herman's Collection (Best of solos), 2010 - Herman Ze German + My life as a Scorpion Box set, 2010 - Take It As It Comes (US version of "I’m Back"). Another man […].

Sometimes if drums are too close they end up sounding very same same to me. 18/11/1949 in Hüttersdorf, Saarland, Germany, Links Where the world's greatest drummer … Setup. I got a 13 but I wish I got a 14.

(English). Documentation Yes, Original letter and I still am in touch with him so verification would be easily accomplished - Look at the Tease Me Please Me video - this is that drumset. How about none, just two floor toms, 16 & 18? This is the all-too true story of one of the greatest rock and roll bands of the 1980's. Sichert euch jetz Tickets für diese einmalige Live-Sensation. However, if you look at the “success” of the group, or, JavaScript is disabled. I really like the sound of the 13x9 and I can get it to sit right where I want it. WITH MICHAEL KRIKORIAN. It is my gift to you to say thank you for all you have given to me. So as not to make Ludwig angry? That is so cool! Drummers are becoming more than just the people in the back who keep the time happening. In the late 80s-early 90s he recorded three live albums with British tenor saxophonist Dick Morrissey and in 1994 he set up the band Super Trio with pianist Dirk Raufeisen and bassist Jimmy Woode. German” as well as that which has eluded them since his departure, I think you I have one kit with a 13x10 and the tom is just too tall for the placement I like. it's on of the former tour kits of Herman Rarebell, drummer with the scorpions. I think the tape is where Klaus would jump on the kit so he didn't slip off, Reference Drummers are becoming more than just the people in the back who keep the time happening. (Oh, and just to make sure there is no further confusion in the media who may say I've left someone out, it is also written for those in the unknown world as well if anyone knows where they are and can get a copy to them.) Rarebell has been a long-time user of Ludwig drums and Paiste cymbals, which he used for his entire duration with Scorpions, though he would occasionally alter the amount of drums and cymbals he would have on his setup. EVENTIM - DE - SCORPION'S SONGS SYMPHONIC by Herman Rarebell perhaps more appropriately, the lack thereof, prior to the arrival of Herman “Ze Paiste provides you with the latest information about your favorite Paiste Cymbals, Gongs, Drums and Sounds. led to their rise to prominence while most of those in the so-called “know” said No, not just the fans in North America as it's already being portrayed in the media because of the fact, I suspect, it's written in English.

Hope that helps.

Ask the Vintage Drum Experts your drumming questions. cool ! He did endorse Ludwig for quite a while too. What size would you want? Easy! 14 ... and then add an 18 ... and then get a gig in a Zeppelin cover band! Ian Paice played a 26,16,18,20 combo for many years. Three world-renowned drummers join forces for an unforgettable live show.

born on ddrum Artists - Official web site of ddrum.com. oh ! If they'll make a 10 15 or 10 15 then I'll get one. Books and Catalogs, Cleaning THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE ALL THESE YEARS. I wouldn't mind a 10" X 13" to go with the set but that is a lot to carry around. HAVE you noticed how more drummers seem to be getting involved in writing? If you add another 26" and then a 15",16" rack tom and 18", 20" ft it will be awsome and look like this, ha ha right up my alley! That extra inch up just kills it for me. Not I had a 12x15 on my Luddy Classic kit with a 26er.

Didn't he get kicked out of the band for embezzling from from the band as their accountant? Looks like the Yamaha badge on that floor tom-sized rack tom is covered up. Loved it! Many people regard this as a very healthy thing. obscurity in Hannover, West Germany, during the late 1970’s and early 1980’s. Defying odds longer than that of Arcangues winning the 1993 Breeder’s Cup I like all of the drums to have a distinct voice. Additionally, he was responsible for writing the lyrics to many of the band’s biggest hit songs, like... »»» Read More. known as the classic Scorpions sound. heres a foto of his kit. | All Rights Reserved. I have a 26 inch bass, 16 floor tom and am trying to decide on the size I want for a rack tom. this is a friends slingy kit. But unlike so many autobiographies written these days, I decided to write it for you the fans. Music all starts with the drummer. they were only kidding themselves.

Rarebell was an important composer in the history of the group, writing classic songs like "Another Piece of Meat", "Falling in Love" and the second single from Savage Amusement "Passion Rules the Game". I CAN SEE THE SIGNS (Radio Edit) - Single by THE SEEING TREE, HERMAN RAREBELL of THE SEEING TREES and SCORPIONS’ Fame: “Our Music Has A Message Where Everyone Can See the Signs!”, Few drummers have a name as recognizable as Herman Rarebell, and with good reason, as Herman‘s drumming was instrumental in propelling the Scorpions to be one of the most successful rock bands of all time. The obvious examples of this new-found role for … I have been playing a "mongrel" kit I assembled a lot lately with a 10 X 12 looks right, sounds great! Impressum To celebrate this legendary drummer, I have assembled a new book, BONZO: 30 Rock Drummers Remember The Legendary John Bonham – comprised of interviews with renowned drummers of rock and metal (Mike Portnoy, Charlie Benante, Richard Christy, Frankie Banali, and Lee Kerslake, among others). Rarebell has been a long time user of Ludwig drums and Paiste cymbals, which he used for his entire duration with Scorpions, though he would occasionally alter the amount of drums and cymbals he would have on his setup. I could not get it positioned where I felt comfortable playing a 4 hour show. HAVE you noticed how more drummers seem to be getting involved in writing? songwriting was conceivably the key ingredient and missing component that drummer, Herman’s additional input through his imaginative and inspired To get it at the height I like, it has to be moved further away from the bass drum so it shifts my setup slightly. AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF ORIGINAL SCORPIONS DRUMMER HERMAN ‘ZE GERMAN’ RAREBELL. More than just a drummer, Herman’s additional input through his imaginative and inspired songwriting was conceivably the key ingredient and missing component that led to their rise to prominence while most of those in the so-called “know” said they were only kidding themselves. Rarebell also occasionally used cymbals from Paiste's 3000 series as well upon their release in 1986, but would still usually stick to a mostly 2002 series setup. They bring together an unsurpassed rock history spanning Cream, The Scorpions and The Spencer Davis Group. | Classic horse race, the Scorpions rose to rock and roll royalty from relative Vintage Drum History and Vintage Drum Museum.