Alcohol irritates the stomach. If you feel the same way, join us and let's find a cure. I fully expect to lose this ability with age but why is it that my friends will still be hungover matching pace with me and I'm not? Nothing can really be done about this, unfortunately. I usually take a bath as well and it completely just relaxes my muscles and calms all my stress. But there are psychological reasons for feeling anxiety post-drinking, too.

Seems to really help stave off hangovers. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Obviously the major player, but don't forget the salt loss as well, even diluted down as it is (in physiology, this is called losing "free water"). ed: fixed per /u/brodorfgaggins who was kind enough not to call me a fucking idiot... for posterity I put Iron instead of Irn because I am the dumbest man in Canada. Y’all don’t have to be buying this expensive hangover cure shit. Yeah I find that diet coke does nothing but regular coca-cola works wonders. Cookies help us deliver our Services. A community that feels relief from hangovers and are looking for answers as to why. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

Did you go to Alchohol University A college?

There's a very simple treatment that I will be using very shortly on my own hangover that tackles all of these at the same time.

Sweat is very salty, and your salt loss in exercise is much greater than after drinking. These are not the typical wake up in the morning feel shitty for a bit drink a Gatorade and feel better. Edit: Thanks for the Gold. r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. This. Press J to jump to the feed. Hence the common tactic of drinking Gatorade in the morning. Here is a physiological explanation for why you get hung over.

It's why you continue to feel miserable long after your fluids are replenished.

Has anyone else experienced hangovers of this severity ?

The 6 Best Hangover Cures (Backed by Science) Written by Rachael Link, MS, RD Hangovers are a common side effect of alcohol consumption, but … The older you get, the less just a glass of water works. I am a 26 year old male, 180 pounds.

I usually salt the soup a bit heavier, and eat with a piece of bread to help make the soup last longer in the stomach. I think it's the sugar rush. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Then the nap cures it. *EDIT: Yes, not drinking is the best solution.

30.1m members in the AskReddit community. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. No matter how much I drink, as long as I have a glass of water or two before I go to bed I wake up without a hangover (I have done up to 12 drinks in an evening and still wake up without a hangover, beer or liquor or combined). I just chug a bottle before I pass out and I wake up feeling amazing the day. It completely took my nausea way and had me feeling brand new and better instantly. Dehydration. “For some drinkers, the …

Give it a test and let me know how it goes Sun down: pop another promethazine & Percocet, take some NyQuil or Benadryl, start chugging G2 Gatorade and water, lay on the couch and watch something funny until you pass out.

Super frustrating when everyone else is ready to make moves and all I can do is lay in bed dying. Greasy food and massive amounts of coca-cola or water, depends on how hard is the hangover. Add ibuprofen and some electrolytes (pedialyte, Gatorade, pickle juice), then take your nap. I recently tried flyby hangover pills and they didn’t do anything for me. The first time you wake up, its a huge headache. It’s this awful anxiety/migraine type feeling I get that will not go away. Drink a liquid IV with it and you’ll feel great.

Your standard B vitamin complex so often prescribed is also providing help to the enzymes.

Few Hours later: Go back to the scene of the crime once you can see straight, get tons of bad bar food, 3-4 spicy Bloody Mary's (with pickle juice) accompanied with a water in between each one. Y’all don’t have to be buying this expensive hangover cure shit. What do I do with it? It is then broken down by aldehyde dehydrogenase into acetic acid (vinegar). My fool proof method for a really really bad hangover.