4. [49][50], In 1207, Muẓaffar al-Dīn Gökburi started the first annual public festival of the Mawlid in Erbil (modern day Iraq). (Saheehul Bukhari Vol. for the Thirsty One on the Birth of the Rightly Guided". When Abu Lahab died, someone from his family saw him in a dream, in the worst possible condition. Prophet Salallaho alaihi wasalam) should mention them in detail so that the devotion to follow the way of Prophet (saw) awakens in hearts of Muslims, for this purpose we have also gathered today.3. Surah Lahab) was revealed, he gets Takhfif in his Adhaab every Monday then Imagine the situation of a (momin) who has spent his life in rejoicing over birth of Prophet (saw) and died as a Mawhid [ Mawrid as Sadi Fi Mawlid al Hadi by Imam al-Dimishqi and Imam Suyuti in Hassan al Maqsad fi Amal al Mawlid, Page No. ; and it is also said this means: by bestowing Islam upon the believers; and it is also said this means: by sending the Messenger and Scripture to His created beings. Abu Lahb said, "I have not found any rest since I left you, except that I have been given water to drink in this (the space between his thumb and other fingers) and that is because of my manumitting Thuwaiba.". In most of Muslim countries this day is celebrated heavily, and public holiday is announced for everyone. Allah Almighty himself considers the Prophet (Allah's Grace and Peace be upon

[Imam Ahmad, Hakim, Tabarani, Imam Bayhaqi, Haythami, Dhahabi,others] from noble offspring to the purified wombs up to that He brought me in my Prophet Salallaho alaihi wasalam)2. ", "Rabīʿ al-Awwal (I): The Blessed month of the Blessed Prophet (saw)", https://www.alislam.org/v/k-Seerat-un-Nabi.html?page=1, Mawlid from the Encyclopedia of the Orient, Holidays, observances, and celebrations in Algeria, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mawlid&oldid=987136915, Articles with dead external links from November 2016, Articles with permanently dead external links, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles with unsourced statements from October 2020, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Mawlid an-Nabawī (المولد النبوي), Eid-e-Milad un-Nabi, Havliye, Donba, Gani, Traditional commemoration of the birth of, Arrangement of Marriage between Muhammad and Khadija, Hagen, Gottfried (2014), "Mawlid (Ottoman)", in, This page was last edited on 5 November 2020, at 04:03. [46] Therefore, it has been concluded that the first Mawlid celebration which was a public festival was started by Sunnis in 1207 by Muẓaffar al-Dīn Gökburi.

[24], According to the majority of Sunni Muslims and some Shi'as, Muhammad was born on the 12th of Rabi' al-awwal. which took place at the birth time of the Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be certainly apparent error. The Sheikh ul Islam and hadith Master of his age, Ibn Hajr Asqalani was asked about the practice of commemorating the birth of the Prophet, and gave the following written reply: As for the origin of the practice of commemorating the Prophet's birth, it is an innovation that has not been conveyed to us from any of the pious early muslims of the first three centuries, despite which it has included both features that are praisweorthy and features that are not. Know All About Mole Day 2020 & Its Significance, Police Commemoration Day 2020: Amit Shah Pays Tribute At National Police Memorial, Pope Speaks At Ceremony To Mark World Food Day 2020. 17] 10. [13], Mawlid an-Nabawi celebrations in Cairo in 1878, The Ottoman flag is raised during Mawlid an-Nabi celebration of Mohammad's birthday in 1896 in the field of municipal Libyan city of Benghazi, Mawlid under the supervision of Shaykh Sufi Riaz Ahmed Naqshbandi Aslami, 2007, Manuel Franzmann, Christel Gärtner, Nicole Köck, Observing Islam in Spain: Contemporary Politics and Social Dynamics, harvp error: multiple targets (3×): CITEREFKatz2007 (, Kenan Aksu Turkey: A Regional Power in the Making Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 18.07.2014, harvp error: multiple targets (2×): CITEREFKaptein1991 (, "12 Rabi ul Awal 2019 – When is Eid Milad un Nabi 2019", "Eid Milad-Un-Nabi 2020: Date, significance of Mawlid or Prophet Mohammed's birthday", "Eid-e-Milad 2020 Festival Date,Is Celebrating Eid ul-Milad Allowed in Islam! Milad un Nabi (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is a great source of preaching. is a best way of remembrance of the greatest Prophet (Allah’s Grace and Peace be from Firawn is a day of Allah, so the birth day of the Holy Prophet Muhammad biographers and historians) hold the opinion that An-Hazrat (i.e.

[23] In contemporary usage, Mawlid refers to the observance of the birthday of Muhammad. Imam Abu-Bakr Abdullah Al-Dimashqi compiled a number of books on the subject [Tarikh Ibn Kathir, Al Bidayah Wan Nihaya Volume 13, Page No. Ibn Jawzi has narrated a consensus (of scholars) on it. { mischief." If we Yahya (Alaihis Salam). [Imam Haythami in Majma uz Zawaid 1:171, Hadith No. 5) The gathering of Milad un Nabi (Allah's Grace and Peace be upon him) incite Hazrat Isa (Alaihis Salam) celebrates his own Milad. Imam said the following verse of poetry, the translation is: If such Kafir was Abu Sheikh (rah) narrated from Ibn Abbas (RA) That Bounty of Allah means Knowledge, whereas Mercy means Muhammad (Salallaho alaihi wasalam) Allah Ta'ala said: We have sent thee not but as Mercy to Worlds (Al Anbiya: 107) [As-Suyuti in Dur al Manthur (4/330)], Allama Aloosi (rah) explains that even Fadhl (i.e. [88] Examples include the former Grand Mufi of Al-Azhar University Ali Gomaa,[89] Muhammad Alawi al-Maliki[90][91] of Saudi Arabia, Yusuf al-Qaradawi,[92][93] the primary scholar of the Muslim Brotherhood movement, Habib Ali al-Jifri,[94] Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri,[95][96] Muhammad bin Yahya al-Ninowy[96][97] of Syria, Muhammad Ibn Ahmad al-Khazraji, president of the Heritage and History Committee of the United Arab Emirates[98] and Zaid Shakir, all of whom subscribe to Sunni Islam, have given their approval for the observance of Mawlid.