It’s a delicious hot cocktail that’s the perfect for sick days. A daily consumption of at least 400mg of flavonoids may help maintain a healthy heart as part of a diet consistent with dietary guidelines. These cookies do not store any personal information. Your email address will not be published. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. enough water and stay hydrated. Log in. I mean, it’s barely a recipe which means it comes together fast so you can get back to the couch and whoever you are snuggling. I love having green tea throughout my day. Here I use vodka for the liquor, water to make the tea (which I’d also call the spices since the tea leaves are where the flavor comes from). I love the idea of jazzing it up a little bit. This drinks combines the flavors of Lipton® Green Tea with a touch of honey, fresh orange juice, cinnamon and warm spices such as cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Fill a mug with hot green tea, and add whisky and honey.

Because it’s apparently a pretty dang healthy beverage to drink. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). You’ll find healthy (mostly) recipes that are realistic and easy to make. These Hot Toddy Mocktails are made with Green Tea! and Scotland. Required fields are marked *, Based in Southern California, I am the mom to two amazing boys and married to the raddest man in all the land. This tea hot toddy is made with herbal tea, bourbon, lemon juice, and honey. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. In the Old Mr. Boston’s Official Bartender’s Guide, the classic hot toddy is made by dissolving a lump of sugar in a little water. However you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent. THIS RECIPE IS INTENDED TO HELP SOOTHE COLD SYMPTOMS, BUT IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE. of your hot toddy mocktail. as water? Your email address will not be published. For the liquor, you can use brandy, rum, gin or whiskey. I am not a huge fan of the flavor of green tea so I just used one bag here. Posts about wine, liquor and/or cocktail recipes are expressly for people 21 years of age and older. The dictionary says that a hot toddy is usually a hot drink consisting of liquor (such as rum), water, sugar, and spices. Remove the tea bag and add the honey, lemon, and whisky, if using. It was so awesome to be at home, snuggled up on the couch, with a yummy warm drink. DYK tea is 99.5% water making it just as hydrating and refreshing You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. Warm, toasty, and just in time for winter, the hot toddy is a classic hot cocktail that is very simple to make. Serve and enjoy warm. I like it with vodka because the flavor is pretty neutral. In an Irish In fact, unsweetened tea consumers have a healthier diet with higher consumption of recommended food groups, such as fruits, vegetables and dairy. Make this Hot Green Tea with Vodka next time you need a warm cocktail on a cold night. coffee glass or mug, add in the honey, orange juice, lemon juice, cloves and Easy Cocktails and Recipes | Mom Life and Style | Orange County Blogger, November 15, 2019 By Sharon Garofalow Leave a Comment. something to warm you up on a cold night in, these nonalcoholic version Hot Your email address will not be published. Add honey and fresh lemon juice to taste. THERE IS NO CURE FOR THE COMMON COLD. Tea may support a healthy heart. Try grapefruit for citrus and agave

And sometimes, especially if we have company coming over, I’ll make a Mulled Cider in the Crockpot. To be more exact, green tea has about one third of the caffeine as coffee and it keeps you hydrated. But I love when it’s chilly outside and you get to enjoy a nice night in front of a fire. Those are the basics so we can blend it any way we want from here. sources from Rainforest Alliance Certified estates. 365 Everyday Value, Organic Green Tea (70 Tea Bags), 4.9 oz, Cupcakes and Cutlery is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. A little lemon juice, helps to brighten everything up and make this yummy Green Tea Toddy an awesome winter drink.

Super Cute Holiday Photo Garland DIY Gift Idea, Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe.

Pin any image in this post to save it! Starting off with something a little alternative, Green tea is a great choice for a fresh take on a classic cocktail. Serve and enjoy warm! This drink is light, hydrating and can easily be part of a healthy lifestyle. It’s full of antioxidants that may help protect against certain types of cancer and is said to help boost metabolism. Or click the "P" to the left to follow me on Pinterest.

Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes. I love easy vodka recipes, and this one will warm you right up! Place around with adding in cinnamon powder instead of a cinnamon stick, or allspice instead of nutmeg!
It blends well with the honey and lemon and the grassy tea. Get plenty of rest!

And I used honey for the sugar. This warming drink is light, hydrating and can easily be part of a healthy lifestyle. Subscribe to receive 2 free recipe eBooks!

Yum! Drink responsibly. Sharon lives in Southern California with her adorable family. This formula has inspired a number of toddy recipes and is ideal for experimentation … She loves to share ideas to make mom life easier and encourage busy gals to make time for themselves too! And if you’re judging someone who you think talks about wine or drinks too much, take a hike. The first ingredient in tea is water, which is needed by our Happy Pinning! By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. But on nights where I want an easy cocktail that will warm me up, I make a Green Tea Hot Toddy. The Rainforest Alliance is

On the topic of unsweetened tea, according to a recent study in the Journal of Nutrients: Sustainability: I love that all tea for Lipton tea bags are sustainable This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. So if you’re a mom who likes to sip on an alcoholic beverage from time to time, cheers to you. I love that this sort of takes that up a notch. Nutrition information isn't always accurate. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. The basic recipe requires only a base liquor, honey, lemon, and tea. I got my first taste of winter weather when I was visiting my best friend this weekend.

For those of you who rather like the idea of a cool version of the hot toddy, green tea makes a great choice. I also participate in other affiliate programs for other retailers. © Cupcakes & Cutlery. Add in a cinnamon stick, garnish with lemon and whole star anise if you’re feeling fancy.

Made this yourself? Tea is one of my favorite things to sip when I need a little relaxation. All Rights Reserved. Not a fan of honey or lemon? Home » Dietary » Dairy-Free » Green Tea Nonalcoholic Hot Toddy. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. But for a black tea-based drink, I would definitely use two tea bags. You’ll love how easy it is to make and how delicious it is to sip! xo. Easiest Ever Pumpkin Dump Cake: No Eggs, No Stirring! Required fields are marked *. There really is no better way to welcome the cold weather than with this quintessential mocktail. Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! Tap here to pin recipes from Kroll’s Korner for later!

A book club worthy drink my friend, even without the booze! Those who consume unsweetened tea daily generally have healthier beverage choices, including less high calorie sugar sweetened beverages.
became popular in Western Europe during the 18th Century in northern England Learn how your comment data is processed. Unsweetened Lipton 100% Natural Green Tea contains about 150mg flavonoids per serving. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Your email address will not be published. So really, just about any hot cocktail can be considered a hot toddy. Daily unsweetened tea consumption is associated with higher good cholesterol (HDL) and lower body mass index (BMI) values (lower body weight) in adults. It’s easy! MORE ABOUT SHARON. Email me at [email protected]! Gather all of your ingredients. Garnish: cinnamon sticks, whole star anise, lemon wedge. Colder weather is hard to handle when you need to go out and run errands. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Then, I sleep. If you’re looking for a night cap that is non-alcoholic and Add liquor, hot water and stir with clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, and lemon peel. Besides it being my grandmother’s favorite drink…a hot toddy first ensure sustainable livelihoods. When using tea to make cocktails, it’s a good idea to make the tea a little stronger so the flavor doesn’t get lost in the liquor.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Pour the hot water over the Bigelow Tea Green Tea bag and allow to steep per package directions. Oven Baked Green Beans w/ Sriracha Greek Yogurt, Fresh Herb Pasta with California Green Ripe Olives.

Cooler tea tends to require a bit more sweetness than freshly brewed. First, gather all of your ingredients. an independent organization that works to reduce environmental impacts and Who’s ready to warm up with Hot Toddy Mocktails made with Green Tea?

Garnish with edible flowers. Top with hot, freshly brewed Lipton® Green Tea and give it a stir. There are many different variations of this recipe and I hope you enjoy mine! I wish I was a bigger fan of the taste of Green Tea. Grilled Shrimp Piccata - A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures. This Hot Green Tea with Vodka is so easy to make and is just what you need for a cozy night in! Aside from the fresh lemon juice, you probably have all these ingredients in your pantry.

Sharon's "me" time often includes watching Hallmark Channel movies, sipping sauvignon blanc, trying not to eat Salt and Pepper potato chips, and planning girlfriend getaways. As an Amazon Associate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn from qualifying purchases by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I like to steep the Green tea for 2-3 minutes and then, Pro tip: Warm your mug before you start marking the drink by. already in your pantry/fridge! Some links in this post may be affiliate links. Heart Health: I chose Green tea for this Hot Toddy because Lipton Green I immediately go to bed or as close to getting out of the bath as I …

I was mentioned in an article recently about mom wine culture. If you want to dig deeper into the benefits of green tea, check out this article over on Healthline. You can read my full disclosure policy, Quick Dinner Party Appetizers For a Festive Shindig. Of caffeine per cup and brewed coffee has 95mg of caffeine per cup! Yes. In an Irish coffee glass or mug, add in the honey, orange juice, lemon juice, cloves and nutmeg. Green tea has 28mg. nutmeg.