2 Chronicles 34:28 "Behold, I will gather you to your fathers and you shall be gathered to your grave in peace, so your eyes will not see all the evil which I will bring on this place and on its inhabitants."'"

Only let me take care of all your needs; however, do not spend the night in the open square." And no rude storm, how fierce soe'er it flieth,  Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

But one Christian lady just stayed at home and slept through all the bombing. 2 Kings 20:19 Then Hezekiah said to Isaiah, "The word of the LORD which you have spoken is good." And silver waves chime ever peacefully,  So with the child of God when the Lord has given him peace: he is lifted beyond the supremacy of his sorrowful surroundings, and his heart is delivered from its sad surroundings.— Barbed Arrows from the Quiver of C. H. Spurgeon. 12 'For there will be peace for the seed: the vine will yield its fruit, the land will yield its produce and the heavens will give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to inherit all these things. Zechariah 8:10 'For before those days there was no wage for man or any wage for animal; and for him who went out or came in there was no peace because of his enemies, and I set all men one against another. Where the Author of peace I shall see, Surely You have utterly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, 'You will have peace'; whereas a sword touches the throat." Hebrews 7:2 to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace. And he answered, "What peace, so long as the harlotries of your mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?" Villages had an official who was called the superintendent of the village’s eirene, the keeper of the public peace.          Shall steadfast in concealment rest, (see note Romans 15:13). D L Moody - A great many people are trying to make peace, but that has already been done. So they brought back word to the king. J H Jowett Devotional  April The Eighth MY INHERITANCE IN THE RISEN LORD 1Peter 1:1-9. Along the grassy shore, a flock of sheep grazed undisturbed. Because he knew the peace of God, he could rest in the strength of the everlasting arms of his Lord to meet his need. “Peace I leave with you,” said our Lord; but the term was no symbol of cold and formal politeness—“not as the world giveth, give I unto you.” (John 14:27). Our Lord thusbound together again the believing sinner and God (in an indissoluble, living union), thus making peace. Jeremiah 28:9 "The prophet who prophesies of peace, when the word of the prophet comes to pass, then that prophet will be known as one whom the LORD has truly sent." Romans 5:1  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Pause and meditate a few moments on God's perfect peace in Christ as you sing this great hymn to Him... Like a river glorious, is God's perfect peace, 2 Samuel 17:3 and I will bring back all the people to you. (Isaiah 48:22). "No," she replied, "I haven't made my peace with God."

And billows wild contend with angry roar,  Francis Havergal. O’er my soul like an infinite calm. 2 Kings 10:13 Jehu met the relatives of Ahaziah king of Judah and said, "Who are you?" The Lord be with you all! (Colossians 1:20-note). God will answer it although you may not always see His answers. Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight Philippians 1:2  Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. See all uses below. "Take up, and read." Paul intercedes on behalf of the believers at Thessalonica to experience God's peace associated with sanctification (peace of God)... Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Psalm 76:2 His tabernacle is in Salem; His dwelling place also is in Zion. Acts 7:26 "On the following day he appeared to them as they were fighting together, and he tried to reconcile them in peace, saying, 'Men, you are brethren, why do you injure one another?' Hebrews 13:20  Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord. 1 Samuel 29:7 "Now therefore return and go in peace, that you may not displease the lords of the Philistines." James 2:16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? ( Ephesians Commentary), Peace is the opposite of war or disturbance (), a term which accurate describes man's relationship with the Almighty prior to salvation. Psalm 72:3 Let the mountains bring peace to the people, And the hills, in righteousness. 23 When Joab and all the army that was with him arrived, they told Joab, saying, "Abner the son of Ner came to the king, and he has sent him away, and he has gone in peace." God thinks of nothing but peace toward his children. Pray this prayer for your pastor, your elders, your church members, your family.

And these are all mine in Him!  35 So David received from her hand what she had brought him and said to her, "Go up to your house in peace. And the watchman reported, "The messenger came to them, but he did not return."           Who Thee within hath found! If I specifically say to the lad, 'Behold, the arrows are on this side of you, get them,' then come; for there is safety for you and no harm, as the LORD lives. The first one said, `My brothers dear,  We may trust Him fully all for us to do. When we dredge the bottom and bring up the remains of animal and vegetable life, we find that they give evidence of not having been disturbed in the least for hundreds and thousands of years.

Then your well-being would have been like a river, And your righteousness like the waves of the sea. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,  Turn behind me." And Jehu said, "What have you to do with peace? "Peace is such a precious jewel, that I would give anything for it but truth.". Then go your way, and instead of pitying me, pity yourself.” (Comment: As an aside, any so-called "peace" that an unredeemed sinner "feels" is not from knowledge of his happiness ["depends on what happens"] but the ignorance of his danger.).

Disturbs the Sabbath of that deeper sea.

2 Samuel 3:21 Abner said to David, "Let me arise and go and gather all Israel to my lord the king, that they may make a covenant with you, and that you may be king over all that your soul desires." Psalm 28:3 Do not drag me away with the wicked And with those who work iniquity, Who speak peace with their neighbors, While evil is in their hearts. A Little Loss of Peace Can Ruin An Entire Day! It may well be connected with the Greek word eirein, which means to join, to weave together. Jeremiah 25:37 "And the peaceful folds are made silent Because of the fierce anger of the LORD.

The Hebrew is `peace, peace' instead of 'perfect peace'. (9) There is what is called "the cushion of the sea."

Peace, perfect peace, in this dark world of sin? Ephesians 2:14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, Spurgeon on Ezekiel 16:63KJV (pacified ~ peace-ified). 26 and say, 'Thus says the king, "Put this man in prison and feed him sparingly with bread and water until I return safely."'" After Thy likeness let me rise, Paul then went on to explain the path of peace with God writing that all who believe in the gospel have... "been justified by faith (and) have peace (eirene) with God through our Lord Jesus." The heaven to which he is bringing us is everlasting peace. Me for Thine own Thou lov’st to take, Baird, (13) (cp #9 and #10 above) John MacArthur's devotional - The Cushion of Peace - "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God" (Matt. Εἰρήνη • (Eirḗnē) f (genitive Εἰρήνης); first declension, Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary, Appendix:Ancient Greek dialectal declension, https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=Εἰρήνη&oldid=53606327, Ancient Greek terms with IPA pronunciation, Ancient Greek first-declension proper nouns, Ancient Greek feminine proper nouns in the first declension, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This table gives Attic inflectional endings. —Edward Henry Bickersteth. (John 14:27) The peace that brings calm to the soul, even amid the storms that sweep over every life, is to be found in Him. "O precious, sweet eternity, How to say peace be with you in Greek. The first had created a scene of a quiet mountain lake.

Isaiah 48:18 "If only you had paid attention to My commandments! If here Thou will’st my longer stay; And His glory is flooding my soul! The blood of Jesus whispers peace within; (James 3). Again let’s remember Peter’s words, “but grow in the grace” and Paul’s words, “be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 29 The king said, "Is it well with the young man Absalom?" Oceanographers dredging ocean bottoms have found animal and plant remains that appear to have been undisturbed for hundreds of years. Eirene is used in the famous Aaronic blessing, Jehovah lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace (shalom translated eirene in Lxx). Peace be upon Israel! (15) The Spring Within - In some old castles are found deep wells meant to supply the garrison in time of siege. Perfect, yet it floweth, fuller every day, But the true wisdom at all times brings men closer to one another and to God. There is a kind of cruel wisdom which takes a delight in hurting others with clever, but cutting, words. Do you lack peace in some area of your life? Another version of the story -  One morning in 1875 Canon Gibbon of Harrogate preached from the text: `Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee.'

33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Proverbs 4:27 Do not turn to the right nor to the left; Turn your foot from evil.

(Ro 14:17-note), Five times in the New Testament we encounter the beautiful name the God of Peace, the Source of true peace (which parallels the OT name Jehovah Shalom) -- (See Ro 15:33-note; Ro 16:20-note; Php 4:9-note; 1Th 5:23-note; He 13:20-note). - A. W. Pink, Barclay explains that eirene or peace "in contemporary colloquial Greek...had two interesting usages. Refrain: 42 saying, "If you had known in this day, even you, the things which make for peace! Proverbs 12:20 Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, But counselors of peace have joy. When you become a Christian, God grants you the gift of peace. 42 Jonathan said to David, "Go in safety, inasmuch as we have sworn to each other in the name of the LORD, saying, 'The LORD will be between me and you, and between my descendants and your descendants forever.'" I rest beneath the Almighty’s shade; Read about Mrs Winchester (wife of the famous gun company owner) and her desperate, vain search for peaces by endlessly building on the Winchester Mansion. We have translated this peaceable but it has a very special meaning. For I have spoken the word," declares the LORD.