Exceptions may be made for excellent applicants who do not meet this criterion. The process took 2+ weeks. Timeline: We're reviewing applications on a rolling basis.

The majority of our staff, including senior management, work flexibly in one way or another. We roughly estimate that, in expectation, these funds prevented 30,000 deaths, dewormed 38 million children and gave cash to 11,500 poor households. This will replace the current featured interview for this targeted profile. You may also send additional material, such as a letter of recommendation, to support your application; this is not required.

We serve donors across the Globe; GiveWell's donors are based primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, and Canada. Researchers write up our findings and reasoning for publication on our website or summarize key points from their work in blog posts: https://blog.givewell.org .

Value the intensity and open-endedness of a small organization over the stability and comfort of a larger corporation. As a general rule, requests to work remotely outside the U.S. will be allowed at GiveWell’s sole discretion and generally for locations that are within three hours of the Pacific Standard Timezone. Upload brief answers (1-2 page maximum) to two questions about your interest in GiveWell. The majority of our staff, including senior management, work flexibly in one way or another. The process took 2+ weeks. "We announced earlier this year our plans to hire researchers at three levels of seniority, listed here from most junior to most senior: Research Analyst, Senior Research Analyst, and Senior Fellow. These models take into account a wide variety of considerations, including: one's prior estimate for an intervention's impact, the strength of the evidence, the size of the effects, the similarity between the context in which an intervention was studied and will be implemented, negative and/or offsetting effects, and how funding this intervention would affect decisions by other actors (e.g., local government, donor governments). Researchers investigate each of these opportunities to determine whether or not they should receive funding. Our top charities accomplish a huge amount of good. After that, I was asked to send in written answers to a few questions, these having to do with both my interest and the types of problems GiveWell researches and encounters. The process took 2+ weeks. I applied online.

Following that, I sat for a 40 minute skype interview which was very casual and pleasant. Exceptions to this general rule may be made, but only in exceptional circumstances.

Here’s a secret: there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate. Glassdoor gives you an inside look at what it's like to work at GiveWell, including salaries, reviews, office photos, and more. What advice would you give the CEO of Honeywell about how to improve it? Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. I applied online. This means that we expect a lot from each individual, and we often ask people to contribute outside their core area of focus. I interviewed at GiveWell in February 2015. Our preference is for staff to work from Oakland. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this role would make you excited to wake up everyday. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We expect you will be: Learn how to enable cookies. We serve donors across the Globe; GiveWell's donors are based primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, and Canada. Examples of this work are available on our intervention reports page: https://www.givewell.org/research/intervention-reports . When I had a question about the writing samples the recruiter had to ask their manager (not someone who actually worked at GiveWell). You should have a bachelor's degree (or higher) in a quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, or statistics or equivalent experience. For the case interview, they provided me information on two hypothetical charities and I had to decide which one to donate money to and then justify that decision. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job that’s right for you. All Honeywell - Installation & Maintenance salaries, All Honeywell - Industrial Engineering salaries, Browse all Honeywell salaries by category.

I applied online. Senior Fellow at GiveWell Greater New York City Area 32 connections. Oddly enough, in the rejection email, the name in the email address and signature did not match, which felt even more impersonal. After that, a number of paid tasks are required to demonstrate the type of work GiveWell will require. A 1-2 page answer to the following question: what is something you've learned from reading academic literature (preferably studies by others, rather than work that you did) that you are confident is true? GiveWell started as a group of finance professionals trying to do as much good as possible with their personal donations. Here’s a secret: there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate. We support and encourage flexible working, including flexible hours, regular work-from-home days, part-time work patterns, and periodic remote-work stints.

Process included an initial application with a cover letter and CV. If you like trying and learning new things, we are potentially a great fit. GiveWell is expanding our research team so we can broaden the scope of our research and explore global health and development more completely than we have to date. -Managing a team of researchers. Senior staff work closely with new hires and attempt to tailor your assignments to those best suited to your abilities. GiveWell is looking for exceptional people who want to help create a place where everyone can thrive. Intelligent and helpful colleagues, and despite being an independent contractor, it felt as though there was room for professional growth within the organization. Visa sponsorship: We can sponsor work visas. We also made an additional $16 million in incubation grants to support work that may lead to new top charities in the future or better information on current top charities. Prioritizing the interventions we consider for funding.

Senior Fellow GiveWell. Position: Senior Fellow Location: San Francisco, CA preferred Timeline: There is no firm deadline for applying. A free inside look at GiveWell salary trends based on 7 salaries wages for 3 jobs at GiveWell. All evidence should be approached in a critical, open-minded way, recognizing the case both for and against attributing causality. This pertains to our published research as well as our internal communication. Glassdoor will not work properly unless browser cookie support is enabled. Sep 2017 – Present 3 years. GiveWell accommodates flexible and remote working. This is the GiveWell company profile. Join to Connect. I interviewed at GiveWell in April 2018.

Research managers set team priorities, review and give feedback on research work produced by team members, mentor team members and provide career development, and assess and communicate job performance.

We support and encourage flexible working, including flexible hours, regular work-from-home days, part-time work patterns, and periodic remote-work stints.

GiveWell. What is the work environment and culture like at Honeywell? Process included an initial application with a cover letter and CV. The interview projects align with the kind of work you'd be doing at the company. The donors who use our research follow our recommendations closely, so the decisions our research team makes directly affect not only which organizations receive funding, but also the amount of funding each organization receives. No one from the company reached out to me except to send a rejection letter. Salary information comes from 2,992 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months. We support and encourage flexible working, including flexible hours, regular work-from-home days, part-time work patterns, and periodic remote-work stints. As part of our dedication to the diversity of our staff, GiveWell is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. Ph.D. in economics, public health, or statistics or equivalent experience. Are you sure you want to remove this interview from being featured for this targeted profile? GiveWell, aka The Clear Fund (a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charity), was founded in 2007. It begins with a phone interview and progresses to an in-person case interview focused on a particular charity to evaluate. Location: Oakland, California (preferred); remote work largely within US timezones is possible. These figures are given to the Indeed users for the purpose of generalized comparison only. -Exploring new areas of research. I applied online. Optional phone call followed by a paid 2-8 hour remote working trial / assignment. When necessary, they solicit feedback from outside experts (e.g., academics, government officials) about the opportunity.