Some people have expressed concern about the types of glue used in these—and now colorful safe (and a bit more sturdy and long-lasting) cardboard tubes are made for pets to play with. Check to see if the glue for the glue gun is non-toxic? Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related. Its Elsoon LS60W White Craft Glue. I've been thinking of making a gerbil hideaway with Popsicle sticks and a hot glue gun. They create all sorts of bridges, houses, tunnels and castles out of them using non-toxic kids glue. Thanks this is the same glue as a pritt stick just liquidised into a tube, I thought it was ok but thanks very much to the people that replied. Its Ideal of home,office or school use.

I have used a hot glue gun for some decorations a few years ago, and so far there have been no effects on the fish. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Household items, like toilet rolls, cardboard egg boxes, and corrugated cardboard, are also good options. Learn how to create a happy, healthy home for your pet. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I just need to know if it is safe to use the sticks and glue since they probably will chew it. Yes, it should be safe to use. I've just got home from a glue search and I couldn't find any glue that actually said it was non-toxic on the bottle, there were alot of PVA glues for kids but they didn't specify as being non-toxic so didn't want to get them. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Only a small amount needs to be used for extremely strong bonds, and it shouldn't be any more dangerous than the wood is in terms of chemical digestion.

share.

A cardboard tube from a toilet paper roll or paper towel roll is one of a gerbil's favorite things. Their teeth are always growing. This is a safe glue to use with food plates, as it is non-soluble, so there is no worry that the bond created by the glue will weaken in the dishwasher. But to do some famcy stuff need to glue boxes or wood, I use stick pritt, but is no the Best glue, so, is safe to use hot silicon or another stuff to glue?

thx corgasal! Or try using honey.

Wood and natural materials are ideal for gerbils to chew on. I know they get black marks before they get their fur but they were only born yesterday! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Some people have expressed concern about the types of glue used in these—and now colorful safe (and a bit more sturdy and long-lasting) cardboard tubes are made for pets to play with. We are new about gerbils, but we are enjoying doing some toys for Yarvis (our gerbil). Please Login or Register. Many gerbils enjoy running on wheels.

Click here to remove banner ads from this forum.

To keep them happy and healthy you simply need to provide them with a home that meets their physical and mental needs.

(the sticks come in packets they never had a Popsicle on it). Gerbils, like many other small pets, love to chew.

Twin Squeaks also has a wonderful suggestion—just take old file folders, lay them flat, and cut them into smaller sections, then roll up tightly and hold for a bit. Adding Timothy hay to the bedding will help the bedding hold tunnels better. www.prittworld.co.uk/en/consumer/about-pritt/products/glueing/all-purpose-glue-bottle.html. I am going to get an account in December for when I turn 13. The downside is that it doesn't dry instantly. Make sure they are no parts or strings on toys that could trap a gerbil's toes, legs, or tail. To keep them happy and healthy you simply need to provide them with a home that meets their physical and mental needs. Just a little tip though, it doesn't adhere well to polished surfaces - or PVC hence the silicone to hold things better.

Any wheels should have a solid surface and have a solid back wall. In red text it says. Or if glue can't be used, what can I use? These toys also help to alleviate boredom and keep your pet gerbil happy. Hmmmm not sure if the flour/water paste for paper mache would hold lollisticks together or not. In the US and many other countries, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) uses Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations; CFR 175 subsection 105 is Adhesives and subsection 300 is Resinous and polymeric coatings. You can also find ceramic tubes (check the aquarium section), and these have the advantage of being virtually indestructible. The glue also contains no solvents, preventing the glue from contaminating the food in future use.

You can sometimes find hollowed-out logs at pet stores, including small logs in the small pet section or perhaps slightly larger half logs in the reptile section. Its Ideal of home,office or school use. Only for Administrators, Global Moderators and Moderators! We also recommend giving your gerbil … Try to keep the glue to a minimum and make it hard to get at (under the sticks, wipe away any that drips?). In the cage, you need to provide for your gerbil’s need to exercise and its need to be mentally stimulated – that’s where toys come in. They actually need to chew, because they are rodents. Its Elsoon LS60W White Craft Glue For Cardboard,Fabric and Wood etc. Page 1 of 2: 1: 2 : Tweet LinkBack: Thread Tools: post #1 of 17 Old 11-24-2009, 03:46 AM Thread Starter.

I need help!!!

But I think I remember reading on here that non-toxic school glue is ok. Is Pritt glue non-toxic? Wood will be chewed as well, so while they will last a lot longer than cardboard, you can plan on replacing wooden houses after a while, too. Pa. judge grants Trump campaign's observation request, Top Trump allies begin hitting the caps-lock key on Twitter, Live: Biden moves closer to reaching 270 votes, Pennsylvania AG on Trump lawsuit: 'We'll win again', Bill Belichick subpoenaed about alleged conspiracy, Black men drifted from Dems to Trump in record numbers, ESPN announces 300 layoffs, citing 'disruption' amid virus, Giants trainer may have saved this player's wife's life, California's Prop.

Gerbils will climb on just about anything, such as wooden houses. For Cardboard,Fabric and Wood etc. When is the best time to release a hamster? Fox: 'My short-term memory is shot', Despite Trump's repeated calls, vote counting will continue. You can also try PVC pipe sections from the plumbing section of the hardware store, as PVC tends to be a little more resistant to chewing than plastic tubes made for rodents.

I need to glue the damned cardboard to the other damned cardboard and i …

How to Make a Comfortable Gerbil Home. Relatively new on the market are dyed bamboo tubes, and these are said to be tougher and longer-lasting. But to do some famcy stuff need to glue boxes or wood, I use stick pritt, but is no the Best glue, so, is safe to use hot silicon or another stuff to glue?

If it's toxic to humans, it's DEF toxic to hamsters LOL :). Please can someone give me any ideas as I have finished the house and really hope they can use it. Welcome Guest. Welcome Guest.

You can also check your pet store for things such as cholla, driftwood, and other wood such as grapevine (possibly found in the reptile section), which make good climbing toys. First and foremost, toys for your gerbils must be safe.