, In 1846, Georgetown had a grist mill, sawmill, cloth factory, tavern, cabinet maker, foundry, chair maker, two tanneries, two tailors, two stores, three wagon makers, three shoemakers, and four blacksmiths.
Some RDC partner institutions form consortiums to share the operational costs of the RDC and may waive user fees for their affiliates. Please contact us and let us know how we can help you. Its proximity to the competing Grand Trunk Railway (Canadian National) line was also a factor. John R. Barber's home, Berwick Hall, still stands at Main and Park Streets. The 2020 Census, Next Steps and a Heartfelt Thanks. Shortly after Delrex, Moore Park was developed.  The brothers started the paper-making industry in 1854, using electricity produced by a dynamo at the Credit River.
Statistics Canada's Census Profile presents information from the 2011 Census of Population for various geographic areas. The Barbers' brother-in-law, Benajah Williams, was one of the first settlers here and the community's name was given in his honour. Two others are Regional Councillors, each representing two wards on Halton Hills Council, and also serve on the Halton Region Council as does the mayor. Esquesing Village (Stewarttown) was settled around 1818 and became the seat of the Township of Esquesing. Georgetown is also linked to the Provincial Highway network by Highway 7, and to Highway 401 by Trafalgar Road (Halton Regional Road 3), Mountainview Road/9th Line (Halton Regional Road 13) and Winston Churchill Boulevard (Halton Regional Road 19). Georgetown grew as new neighbourhoods were added. In 2019 2020, the population of the city of Georgetown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is - 1 700 people. The lime industry operated until 1917. The town includes several small villages or settlements such as Norval, Limehouse, Stewarttown and Glen Williams near Georgetown and another large population centre, Acton. Georgetown Tourism: Tripadvisor has 4,220 reviews of Georgetown Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Georgetown travel resource. The facility is user supervised and is managed through posted regulations. This orphanage was operated by Father Clovis Beauregard and his niece, Therese St Jean. Georgetown South: In 1989 the farm land south of Silver Creek became the newest subdivision of Georgetown, Georgetown South. Ontario; Georgetown; Source: Statistics Canada Catalogue no.
 In total, 109 boys and 40 girls were taken in by the Canadian government, considered by many to be Canada's first humanitarian initiative. By 1850 the remaining Mississauga natives were removed to the Six Nations Reserve, where the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation Reserve was established. The Acton Branch (17 River Street) was built as the community's centennial project in a park setting, across a foot bridge over a creek. The Hotel McGibbon was built by Robert Jones and was sold to Clark in about 1867. Limehouse, formerly Fountain Green, was a small settlement that grew after the railway arrived in the area in 1856; in addition to lime kilns (which opened in about 1840), a sawmill, blanket factory and paint factory opened in the village. 37th and O Streets NW
Go to data table: Georgetown (Population Centre), Ontario, Alternative format(s):
In 1818, they purchased land that later became the townships of Esquesing and Nassagaweya. While Georgetown as a geographic area is growing considerably, not all of that growth is inside of the city limits.  On January 1, 1974 Georgetown was absorbed into the new regional town of Halton Hills. Opened in 2017, the Georgetown RDC is located at the Massive Data Institute at Georgetown Universityâs McCourt School of Public Policy and will provide secure access to researchers examining a wide range of social and economic issues.
Funding was provided through generous community donations and the Corporation of the Town of Halton Hills. He went on to open an oriental rug store in Hamilton, Ontario, which has grown throughout Ontario and is now known as Alexanian Carpet and Flooring. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. The Hotel McGibbon was still operating although Sam McGibbon had died in 1940; a daughter, Gladys, and a son, Jack, took over the business until 1962 when it was sold to Isaac Sitzer Investments and later to George and Nick Markou purchased the hotel in 1978 and operated it until the property was sold to a condominium developer in 2015. Recently opened businesses in that era included the Georgetown Herald newspaper, Culp and Mackenzie's carriage making enterprise, the Creelman brothers' machine shop and the Bank of Hamilton, the first to open in the entire Halton County. Together with the Town of Milton, the Town of Oakville and the City of Burlington, the Regional Municipality of Halton was formed, replacing Halton County. A double veranda graced the Main & Mill Street side of the building until the hotel was ravaged by fire in the 1880s.
 The 1860s and 1870s were prosperous years. On the ten provinces, Ontario is the largest, boasting a population of over 14 million people. Many became Canadian citizens.. Between official U.S. Census population counts, the Planning Department estimates the population within the city limitsusing a formula based on new residential building permits and household size. Georgetown High School (1889–1959) – built 1899 and demolished in 1959, This page was last edited on 16 October 2020, at 21:33. The mall is home to stores such as: Peoples Jewelers, Coles, Winners & Home Sense, Sport Chek, Marks Work Wearhouse, and Ardene. Census data for periods prior to the amalgamation into the present Town are as follows: Georgetown ceased to be a separate town in 1974, and is now part of the Town of Halton Hills, which is divided into four wards, each with two elected Councillors. , Georgetown residents began to receive municipal water in 1891, piped by gravity. Georgetown is a community in the town of Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada and is part of the Regional Municipality of Halton. Mission is to teach our students to help design, analyze, and implement smart policies and put them into practice in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. These roads are closed to traffic from approximately 5:00–7:00pm. Charles Kennedy built a sawmill in a location where Main Street meets Wildwood Road today. By 1650, the Hurons had been wiped out by European diseases and the Iroquois. The Delrex subdivision was the third part of the town that was added. It was also on the main north-south route to the steamships at Oakville. The festival showcases craft brewers from across Ontario, gourmet food trucks, live music, and games. The annual event is held at the Georgetown Fairgrounds and consists mainly of carnival rides and rural contests, such as the tractor pull and demolition derby. Ottawa. In the 1850s, George Kennedy subdivided his land into small lots for sale to new settlers.. One of most significant changes since then included the Georgetown South residential expansion that started in 1989. Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. : Georgetown (Population Centre), Ontario, ARCHIVED – Reference map (interactive tool), Map : Georgetown (Population Centre), Ontario.
Outside amenities include a splash pad, three baseball diamonds, soccer field, six tennis courts and park trails. Public education in Georgetown is managed by the Halton District School Board, while Catholic education is managed by the Halton Catholic District School Board. Georgetown Minor Hockey Association — Houseleague and Rep hockey, Halton Hills Bulldogs — Houseleague and Rep Lacrosse, Georgetown Impact — Girls and Boys Volleyball, Halton Hills Minor Football Association – football club for players 10–18 years old, Halton Hills Christian School (a.k.a.
The parade route is: Guelph Street from Sinclair to Mill Street and Charles Street to the Fairgrounds.
By selecting this link you will leave www.census.gov. Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP), Federal Statistical Research Data Centers, stringent information technology and physical security requirements.
The Bruce Trail goes through Halton Hills, passing north of Georgetown. The content on this page includes a link to a non-government website. A farmers' market operates on Main St. in downtown Georgetown on Saturdays 8:00am – 12:30pm from June through October.  In 1893, a fire destroyed the woollen mill, a paint factory and wood at the waterlime mill in Limehouse creating a serious financial problem for the settlement. This line had transported both goods and passengers but business had declined substantially.
The Georgetown Branch (9 Church Street) is co-located with the Halton Hills Cultural Centre, anchored by the former Methodist Church (now the Art Gallery) and The John Elliott Theatre. , The settlement was incorporated as the village of Georgetown in 1865. The Georgetown Marketplace is Georgetown's Mall. 98-316-XWE. In 1846, Norval had a population of about 200 inhabitants, served by two churches, various tradesmen, a grist mill, an oatmeal mill, a distillery, two stores and a tavern. The town includes several small villages or settlements such as Norval, Limehouse, Stewarttown and Glen Williams near Georgetown and another large population centre, Acton. Her areas of expertise include data governance, data integration, and privacy.
The Halton Hills Public Library is a two-branch library system.
The Georgetown RDC will provide secure access to researchers examining a wide range of social policy and economic issues.
The operation of each Federal Statistical Research Data Center (RDC) is supported by both the Census Bureau and RDC partner institutions. The GO bus connects to many of the nearby communities including Brampton, Toronto, Acton, Guelph, and Kitchener. Is something not working? , In 1962, the Moore Park subdivision started construction and would attract more residents to town.