When they done good and made things easy for everybody? Beneatha’s preoccupation with her race drives her character throughout the play. That is why he never misses a chance to make some literary allusion and perform his deep knowledge in a range of academic subjects. [to George Murchison, Beneatha's date] How come all you college boys wear them faggoty-looking white shoes?

Mama, you know it’s all divided up. Teach your students to analyze literature like LitCharts does.

5 Nov. 2020. CliffsNotes study guides are written by real teachers and professors, so no matter what you're studying, CliffsNotes can ease your homework headaches and help you score high on exams.

I want you to believe me when I tell you that race prejudice simply doesn’t enter into it. Man, I’m a volcano. You something new, boy. . … Just tell me where you want to go to school and you’ll go. ... "A Raisin in the Sun Quotes." Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of. The house she found in the white neighborhood, Clybourne Park, was the best house she could get for the money.

Well – well! You read books—to learn facts—to get grades—to pass the course—to get a … Karl Lindner, the spokesperson for the group opposing the Youngers’ house purchase, uses passive-aggressive logic to convince the Youngers why they shouldn’t buy the house in Clybourne Park. When they done good and made things easy for everybody? LitCharts Teacher Editions. . – and this cramped little closet which ain’t now or never was no kitchen! Web. Between the takers and the “tooken.” I’ve figured it out finally. . WALTER No—but after tonight. AND GOOD-BYE MISERY .

– All I can say is – if this is my time in life – MY TIME – to say good-bye – to these goddamned cracking walls! That is just what is wrong with the colored women in this world . Well then, you ain’t through learning—because that ain’t the time at all. . Need analysis for a quote we don't cover? Walter: And you – ain’t you bitter, man?

. And then quiet again. We just didn’t know about it.

He finally come into his manhood today, didn’t he? And his woman say – Your eggs is getting cold!

(He holds his arms open for TRAVIS) YOU just name it, son … (TRAVIS leaps into them) and I hand you the world!”, “Child, when do you think is the time to love somebody the most? And at the moment the overwhelming majority of our people out there feel that people get along better, take more of a common interest in the life of the community, when they share a common background.

character, When he’s done good and made things easy for everybody? We assign a color and icon like this one to each theme, making it easy to track which themes apply to each quote below.

Just tell me, what it is you want to be—and you’ll be it. I though everybody knew that.”. That’s all you need, honey, forget the atmosphere.”, “I know he's rich.

George and Beneatha are both black Americans who grew up in Chicago, but they each have different perspectives on black Americans tracing their identity back to Africa, a country which many of them have never stepped foot in.

– and these marching roaches!

… That’s how come one day when you ’bout seventeen years old I’ll come home and I’ll be pretty tired, you know what I mean, after a day of conferences and secretaries getting things wrong the way they do … ’cause an executive’s life is hell, man—(The more he talks the farther away he gets) And I’ll pull the car up on the driveway … just a plain black Chrysler, I think, with white walls—no—black tires. mutilated hair and all. I don’t even think about it. "It's simple. Thanks for your vote! Beneatha: Well – you finally got it said . . Detailed explanations, analysis, and citation info for every important quote on LitCharts. And because we cannot see the end--we also cannot see how it changes. .

We don’t want your money. “Child, when do you think is the time to love somebody the most? .

Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. . . . Notify me of new comments via email. Match. Here I am a giant – surrounded by ants! From the creators of SparkNotes, something better. . Removing #book#

Sure enough. We truly appreciate your support. Walter: See there, that just goes to show you what women understand about the world. It’s when he’s at his lowest……and he can’t believe in himself because the world’s whipped him so!”.

Created by.

. Quotes By Lorraine Hansberry. I want so many things that they are driving me kind of crazy...”, “Mama, you don’t understand.

and any corresponding bookmarks? There is only Man, and it’s he who makes miracles!”. After what your daddy gonna do tonight, there’s going to be offices—a whole lot of offices.… TRAVIS What you gonna do tonight, Daddy? And that such a thing as my own death will be an advance?

That's just Chicago, though. I never thought to see you like this, Alaiyo. something has changed. Then isn’t there something wrong in a house – in a world!

And I even will have moments when I wonder if the quiet was not better than all that death and hatred. We don’t want to make no trouble for nobody or fight no causes, and we will try to be good neighbors. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our. And it is very odd by those who see the changes--who dream, who will not give up--are called idealists...and those who see only the circle we call them the "realists"!”. . Joseph Asagai. Asagai is playfully mocking her earnest attempt to explore her African roots. Beneatha: Me! Mama: What is it you want to express? Son – I come from five generations of people who was slaves and sharecroppers – but ain’t nobody in my family never let nobody pay ‘em no money that was a way of telling us we wasn’t fit to walk the earth.

https://www.quotes.net/movies/a_raisin_in_the_sun_quotes_110315.

At times it will seem that nothing changes at all... and then again... the sudden dramatic events which make history leap into the future. And I’m waiting to hear you talk like him and say we a people who give children life, not who destroys them – I’m waiting to see you stand up and look like your daddy and say we done give one baby up to poverty and that we ain’t going to give up nary another one .