He … No one uses the d-word. The couple met at Durham University while studying. Join @BBCAlagiah on @BBCOne for tonight’s #BBCNewsSix pic.twitter.com/3TmuCdQjqE, — sophieraworth (@sophieraworth) 23 January 2019. By the time the cancer diagnosis came through I was in sort your affairs out territory. I look in his eyes and he didn't look frightened so I'm not frightened.”. George at home with his wife Frances in North London, Source: Daily Mail, (R-L) Adam, George, Frances, and Matt together, Source: Mirror, News Reader George Alagiah at Buckingham Palace after collecting his OBE from the Queen, Source: Mirror, George Alagiah's Married life and Children: Battled with a Cancer, his Wife and Family were always by his side, Updated On 15 Aug, 2017 Published On 13 Aug, 2017, eople fighting cancer and winning over the disease. He has been the BBC News presenter at Six since 3 December 2007, and has previously been GMT ‘s main presenter on BBC World News since its launch on 1 February 2010.

Donald and Therese, both of his parents, were Sri Lankan Tamil, and was the only son in a family with four sisters. So, today, let us discuss her married life, children, and battle with cancer in this section!!!!! Before joining BBC, he worked for seven years in print journalism with South Magazine.

BBC newsreader George Alagiah has said he has no time to worry about death as his cancer spreads – because he is busy focusing on living. The couple, George and his wife Frances got married in 1984 after dating for exactly two years. He is the son of the engineer Donald Alagiah (Father), and Theresa (Mother). Studied at the King International School and later studied at St. John's College. Allarity Therapeutics Draws Down the Second Tranche Under Its Convertible Note Agreement with Negma Group LTD and Park Partners GP, A Glance Inside Shaq's Battleship Size Mega yacht, Tumor Ablation Market Worth $ 1072.87 Million, Globally, by 2027 at 12.1% CAGR: Verified Market Research, Don’t avoid going to the doctor during lockdown. He is 64 years old at the moment but he will be turning 65 years old on November 22, 2020. She even waited until my birthday to arrive. window._taboola = window._taboola || []; Only in my late 30s did I open it again, to explore my heritage.

Along with that, George Alagiah has never involved himself in any kind of controversies and rumors so far. As an immigrant child I mentally parcelled up all the things that made me different. His family moved to Ghana and George and his 4 sisters were sent to boarding school in the UK. George Alagiah received an OBE in 2008 for his services to broadcasting. 'So cancer brought us together, but this nasty little speck of a disease has kept us apart I resent that and I'm sure I'm not the only one. BBC newsreader and journalist, George Alagiah was born in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Antony In 1961, at Christ the King International School, George’s parents moved to Ghana, West Africa where he had his primary education. He also discussed missing his granddaughter's first steps and a relative's wedding in LA due to social distancing measures. For more updates and current gossip of celebs visit our official page. He belongs to Srilankan Tamil descent. George hasn’t revealed much information about his family. George Alagiah has spoken of his resentment at 'the nasty little speck' coronavirus from keeping him apart from his loved ones. Since its launch in 2002, he has been the host of BBC Four News; the show was later relaunched as The Nation, and then another version of Nation News Today. The BBC turned me down three times at the start of my career, and I’m grateful. George recalled the memory and said, "The doctors are very careful in what they say, so you have to read between the lines and work out what they’re not saying. George tied a … George Alagiah George Alagiah is a British journalist, newsreader, and television news presenter. Alagiah stands at average weight and medium height. }); Your email address will not be published. In a candid reflection read this morning, the presenter said: 'This coronavirus has turned things upside down, we feel threatened and we want to come together, but know we've had to stay apart.

Alagiah was born as George Maxwell Alagiah on November 22, 1955 in Colombo, Ceylon.

Photograph: Murray Sanders/PA. Had it happened 10 seconds later, I would have been blown up with it. In late October 2015, he subsequently returned to BBC after the treatment was officially over. He also tested positive for COVID-19 in March. https://www.bigissue.com/latest/george-alagiah-i-never-let-race-define-me On George Alagiah’s birthday. Taking a job at South magazine informed how I report on international affairs to this day. You have to work that out for yourself.". The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. My wife's only surviving aunt has died too. Mr Aligiah recovered from Covid-19 and returned to the newsroom last month, delighting fans across the country. He does not like to disclose this information to the public, however this section is under review, we will updated once information is disclosed. 'We're communicating, but are we really connecting? 'I told my wife and family first and then our friends and we came together.

All rights reserved. The pair is together till today since their marriage date.

Father-of-two Alagiah was treated for bowel cancer in 2014 and was initially given the all clear in 2015 after 17 rounds of chemotherapy. “In fact I said to one of them a couple of years ago that he better do the worrying for me because I can't deal with that. The comments below have been moderated in advance. He has accumulated all the wealth from his career as BBC reporter, Newsreader, Journalist, and TV news presenter. He is pictured returning to work last month after beating coronavirus. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the Terms Of Use and Privacy Policy | User published content is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Her Majesty's private tribute: Queen, 94, made unannounced visit to Westminster Abbey to mark the centenary... Lost in translation! The world’s population was 2,772,242,535 and there were an estimated 99,438,148 babies born throughout the world in 1955, Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican) was the president of the United States, and the number one song on Billboard 100 was [Not available]. Last modified on … Her point is with FaceTime, Whatsapp, Skype and Zoom she's more social than ever. In 2018 he revealed that he was ill once again, saying at the time that he felt “positive” as he prepared to battle the disease for the second time. Protests erupt as election count continues, Cory Booker Jokes Rosario Dawson Was 'More Excited' to Vote for Marijuana Than Senate Reelection.

I’m old enough to remember the beating of Rodney King vividly. He looks slim and perfect this time. He also worked as deputy anchor of the BBC One O’clock News and BBC Nine O’Clock News. They have been together since they met for the first time at Durham University when Frances was 19 and George 20. In 1993 he received Best International Report at the Royal Television Society and many more. © 2020 Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. George Alagiah is a British newsreader, television news producer and journalist. George Alagiah along with his wife, Frances Robathan. Of course I wish I never had this disease, but I’m not sure I’d give these six years back. I was nearly killed by a shell in Afghanistan. George Aligiah has been working for BBC since 1989. Recently we've started to sing together, we're asserting our sense of community, it's a gentle two fingers to Covid-19. The things that had gone well far outweighed the others, which brought me to a place of total contentment. For me connecting means being present, to hold and be held, to rub shoulders, to walk side-by-side, to sit a grandchild on your knee above all to break bread around a noisy and multi-generational table. When we plunged our childish fingers into a bowl of rice and curry, she was offering more than nourishment, she was binding our family together ready for the day when, as with so many migrants, we might go our separate ways.