Service manager drove with me, got up to 60, and cut engine. I slowed & within a couple of seconds brakes became responsive again. post it here. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. clutch going bad, but today i took the vehicle to fuel up

If yours is not affected by speed, it may be engine related. Basically all it requires is the engine running in park, you can hear it inside and outside of the vehicle.

With no warning, the brakes got rock hard and then go to the floor after awhile with a whistling noise.

Brake vacuum booster.

Brake Whistling Noise problem of the 2009 Ford Edge 5 Failure Date: 07/03/2017 While approaching a stop light on a city street, the brake pedal went all the way to the floor and vehicle made a high pitched whistling noise. The manufacturer stated that there was no recall. Did anyone figure this out?? The sound doesn't seem to change with my speed or whether or not I am pressing on the gas or break.

See My Edge's heat wont shut off even when I hit the button to off. Well, we took the Edge in, and as luck would have it the noise was barely auditable. by Troublebutt_74 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:31 pm, Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited.

The vehicle was inspected by an independent mechanic who determined that the vehicle would need a new power booster for the brakes.

by popesedge » Sat May 03, 2008 2:28 pm, Post The most recently reported issues are listed below. It may also be due to a lack of lubrication causing friction in some engine parts.

Post all problems of the 2008 Ford Edge . Now I’m over $330 in on this car and it is still not by popesedge » Sun May 04, 2008 1:41 pm, Post

Basically the when the car is parked with the engine off at random intervals it will emit a loud high pitched electronicy whine which gradually tales off over a period of about 15-20 seconds at which point its silent for 20 mins maybe an hour or two definitely random seeming times at … Here is the kicker, I bought this car certified pre owned in early 2016.

It doesn't respond on the screen either when I hit the AC button. Approaching home there was a stop sign and again I was lucky enough to avoid an accident when the brakes locked and the car did not stop. The vehicle was not repaired. by djam1966 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:38 pm, Post

We're going to take it back in if it gets noisy again.