In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "fog" and "in.". He had seen something like a heavy flash of lightning in the fog. Long grass left standing in a pasture and used as winter grazing.

Fibre-Optic Gyro ... Search for abbreviation meaning, word to abbreviate, or category. Shortcuts for power users - examples. To cover someone or something with fog. The LoL map consists of a top, mid, and bot lane with jungle area in between the top-mid lanes and mid-bottom lanes. What does FOG mean?

Another word for fog.

Please look for them carefully.

What made you want to look up fog?

As we climbed higher in elevation, the trees were increasingly fogged in. It is the dark, blackish covering of the map that is revealed only when the champion moves to the area.

Please look for them carefully. The steam from the kettle fogged up the kitchen windows.

The glass fogged up, and we couldn't see out. To cover someone or something with fog.

The frolic with the child seemed to have blown away a fog from between them. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Find more ways to say fog, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Why Do We Have “Red States” And “Blue States”? ; What does FOG mean? Confusion caused by the chaos of war or battle.

Delivered to your inbox! Make (an idea or situation) difficult to understand. These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'fog.'

1(with reference to a glass surface) cover or become covered with steam. Although these expressions "in a fog" and "in a haze" allude to obscuring one's view.

2in singular A state or cause of perplexity or confusion. Not fully aware or alert; having one's attention clouded with something. ,random “Fog.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fog. Suddenly a very little counsel with a terrific bass voice arises, fully inflated, in the back settlements of the, Below, where the fight was beginning, there was still thick, Looky here, didn't de line pull loose en de raf' go a-hummin' down de river, en leave you en de canoe behine in de, The captain had thrust his head and shoulders out of the pilot-house, and was staring intently into the, He held them silent with ghastly stories of the "Yo-hoes" on Monomoy Beach, that mock and terrify lonely clam-diggers; of sand-walkers and dune-haunters who were never properly buried; of hidden treasure on Fire Island guarded by the spirits of Kidd's men; of ships that sailed in the, We were terrified into this by being suddenly confronted with a vast body which showed itself vaguely for an instant and in the next instant was smothered in the, Experience has since taught me that these great beasts are as terror-stricken by this phenomenon as a landsman by a, Just about the same time, the sun had gone down behind the Spy-glass, and as the, At length did cross an Albatross: Thorough the. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? The LoL map consists of a top, mid, and bot lane with jungle area in between the top-mid lanes and mid-bottom lanes. A grey dusky morning, enveloped in fog, succeeded to the fine night. We'll have to fly out tomorrow because today's flight is fogged in.

A list of slang words and phrases, idioms, jargon, acronyms, and abbreviations. Online Slang Dictionary. The slang word / phrase / acronym lift the fog means... .

".

Here Are Our Top English Tips, The Best Articles To Improve Your English Language Usage, The Most Common English Language Questions.

The moisture fogged the windshield up, and we had to stop to clean it off. Get the top FOG abbreviation related to Building. Cloudiness which obscures the image on a developed negative or print. Postal codes: USA: 81657, Canada: T5A 0A7, Your abbreviation search returned 41 meanings, showing only Slang/Internet Slang definitions (show all 41 definitions), Note: We have 151 other definitions for FOG in our Acronym Attic, Search for FOG in Online Dictionary Encyclopedia, The Acronym Finder is

If you are struggling to understand the military language your son, daughter, mother, father or an ex-military colleague is using.

FOG Stands For: Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Look, I don't need an athlete to do this job!

Military, Army, War. We know 200 definitions for FOG abbreviation or acronym in 8 categories. Building FOG abbreviation meaning defined here. new search; suggest new definition; Search for FOG in Online Dictionary Encyclopedia

See how your sentence looks with different synonyms.

A thick cloud of tiny water droplets suspended in the atmosphere at or near the earth's surface which obscures or restricts visibility (to a greater extent than mist; strictly, reducing visibility to below 1 km), , mistiness, fogginess, haar, smog, murk, murkiness, haze, haziness, gloom, gloominess. , mist over, cloud over, film over, become misty, become blurred, become covered in condensation. I spent the whole day moving furniture, so I'm barely able to fog a mirror now. Don't breathe on the lens—you'll fog it up. , daze, stupefy, fuddle, befuddle, bewilder, confuse, perplex, baffle, obscure. Another very warm day unfolded across the region as, Outdoor seating around the pool is spaced out by six feet and treated with an ultra-low volume disinfecting, Friday will be a repeat of Thursday with the clouds and areas of, All had gotten Covid and weeks later were suffering from new and perplexing symptoms, such as extreme fatigue, shortness of breath or memory, Cool early morning temperatures and light winds will allow shallow, Weather across the region was dry early Wednesday morning, with none of the area’s familiar, For so many Americans, 2020 has felt like a disorienting, In response to the pandemic, Bibus said, one of their suppliers, Froggy's Fog, which makes fluid for, The only drawback is that due to the lack of an adjustable nose wire, there was a small gap around my nose, which had a tendency to, Also, your warm breath can escape up your mask and, The photos looked vaguely marigold in hue, but not too different from a misty sunrise in a city prone to, Customers who have smaller faces also note that the New Republic masks fit comfortably without any gaps and don’t, Breathing heavily into masks made the work more tiring and caused safety goggles to, On ‘Corps’ and ‘Core’ and ‘Corp’ (and ‘Corpse’).

NASA,

The bathroom mirror fogged up after I took a shower. They stood for a moment like disembodied spirits, creatures of the night and the fog.

Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, fob (someone or something) off on (someone or something). Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. circa 1592, in the meaning defined at transitive sense 1. Learn a new word every day. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? The storm clouds fogged us in on the mountaintop. Contextually, in a fog is used in situations where we are not attentive of what is happening and seem to be like in the actual fog whose literal meaning is smoky like surroundings.

', “Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time. We know 200 definitions for FOG abbreviation or acronym in 8 categories.

Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! FOG is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations and acronyms The Free Dictionary

FOG Stands For:

The airplane was fogged in and could not land. Major Jelles looked meditatively at me, through his fog of smoke. Anybody able to fog a mirror will do fine!

(with reference to a glass surface) cover or become covered with steam. I always feel like I'm in a fog when I take that medication.

Accessed 5 Nov. 2020.

The slang word / phrase / acronym lift the fog means... . FOG.

What does FOG stand for in Building? The term 'fog… Thank you for your explanation, but I’m afraid I’m still in a fog over what happened. 3.

Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. FOG Stands For: All acronyms (200) Airports & Locations (2) Business & Finance (6) Common (7) Government & Military …

Are You Learning English?

Then he asked me, still at the window, "What's that fog doing now?". This fog, indeed, blows across Holland nearly the whole winter. Looking for online definition of FOG or what FOG stands for? (If one holds up a mirror to one's nose or mouth, the breath will cause fog to appear.

What does FOG mean?

Find more ways to say fog, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.

English Language Learners Definition of fog (Entry 2 of 2), See the full definition for fog in the English Language Learners Dictionary, Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for fog, Nglish: Translation of fog for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of fog for Arabic Speakers, Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about fog. "global warming" If you would like to suggest a term or an update to an existing one, please let us know! A new colloquial term is therefore needed to describe a frequency that has many new licensees on it, aka the blind leading the blind. Tradiotnally the MOG and FOG host the rehearsal dinner of a wedding.

Make (a film, negative, or print) obscure or cloudy. To cause something to become covered in a layer of fog. Mid 16th century perhaps a back-formation from foggy. 2. How to use fog in a sentence. The fog had lifted, the sun blazed forth in unclouded majesty.

For FOG we have found 200 definitions. fog definition: 1. a weather condition in which very small drops of water come together to form a thick cloud close….

As you move into dark areas the fog disappears but as you move away the fog reappears. Yes, I fogged up during the graduation ceremony—"Pomp and Circumstance" gets me every time.

Word(s) in meaning: chat  The grass which grows in a field after a crop of hay has been taken. To become emotional and nearly cry over something. After surgery, I was in a haze until the anesthetic wore off.

© 1988-2020,

A state or cause of perplexity or confusion. Note: We have 151 other definitions for FOG in our Acronym Attic. 1mass noun A thick cloud of tiny water droplets suspended in the atmosphere at or near the earth's surface which obscures or restricts visibility (to a greater extent than mist; strictly, reducing visibility to below 1 km). Learn more. My glasses fogged up as soon as I stepped out of the ice rink into the August humidity. The celestial city lies behind that fog—doesn't it, Christiana?

Please look for them carefully.

"When he came out of the fog I nearly peed myself. Because the airport was fogged in, all of the flights were canceled. Alive, perhaps barely.

Late Middle English origin uncertain; perhaps related to Norwegian fogg.

Join our early testers!

Possible FOG meaning as an acronym, abbreviation, shorthand or slang term vary from category to category. Fog is a League of Legends (LoL) term that refers to the parts of the map that are unseen by the player.