), but I have often wondered if it came from the Fender factory with the trem or if it was retro-fitted? Tengo una Fender Squier Stratocaster serial nombre E 908692 made in USA , se dice que estas modelos fueron fabricados antes del incendio de la fábrica de California, I have a Squire Strat s/n 1C0405140622 It looks to be in good condition. As you can see, there is quite a bit of overlap. The serial number is 572021, the stamp on the heel of the neck looks like 0701 2321. #guita, Black guard or white? Bought it new around early 80. Unfortunately, the serial number placement is sporadic and many ID numbers over lap between years and models. That being said it frets great and sounds great. Toward the end of 1962 Fender’s success kept on building. It was not 1973.

Thank you. I have a Fender Telecaster (made in USA) with serial number Z7030984. The guitar uses a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Telecaster and Strat are both mid 80s re-issue. I’ve got a Chinese Fender Starcaster s/n CXS 080850880. Ty…. It also has engraved Fender mirror neck adjustment and patent number He made a bolt-on neck, so the neck and the body could be manufactured at the same time. The Guitardater Project cannot verify the authenticity of ANY Guitar, In about 1982 Fender started making import guitars from Japan and around 1990 Fender started importing from Mexico. Fender telecaster serial number 62259 . #electricguitar #el, Laid back Gibsunday.

Created in 1956, this was Fender’s first 3/4 scale student-model. The number and date on the neck is simply the date that the neck was finished–not the date that the guitar was completed. When Leo first started putting identification numbers on his guitars, he segregated them by model. Register your Fender: 3 quick steps. # Z7 030839, I understand that the Z stands for being manufactured starting at the year 2000, the first digit, in this case 7, documents that it is built in 2007-2008, followed by the digits of the real serial #. Some of these identification numbers are still out of sequence, jumbled up, or missing. Can anyone help me to identify if this is original from Fender. Many Thanks Mike. Hello, my guitar is an fender E series 1984-1987. It is Deep Red (Maroon) & white. This marking is only visible when the neck is removed from the body because it is covered in the neck pocket. Here is a guide to lookup all of the different types of special Fender guitars with their own serial number pattern. ? Keith; Hate to burst your bubble, but I’ve personally seen very early (’89) Squire Strat’s that WERE made in the U.S.A. and were plainly identified as such in the headstock decals with the serial numbers. The serial numbers do not reflect this change - Fender continued to make instruments using existing serial number schemes. Just the Fender F. No number on the headstock either. I cannot find any info dating it. Hello,

The Fender brand began with the work of an inventor named Leo Fender. Register. this site is simply meant as a tool to satisfy the curiosity of guitar enthusiasts.

The only serial number I can find is on the back plate for the neck. I am looking at similar one, 10050505. You can also find more information on the Fender site. There are a number of possible locations for the serial number on a Fender guitar. Serial number is S940891.

This time all the identification numbers under 10,000 fill the empty digits with zeros.

Along with this info I should add that the body seems to be made of Mahogany with what might be an overlay of a different wood on the front for the sake of the semi transparent candy apple red finish which shows off the wood grain underneath—which then feathers out to solid red around the edge. I purchased my Strat somewhere around 1980. (Ver. Unfortunately I can put my hands on it cause it’s in a different state. pre-90 I think, or must I take the neck of to check? cheers The Fender line began by taking the standard of the day and improving on it. All Squires are made in the far east. I ended up writing a small novel trying to explain this instrument… These 1965-1976 era guitars are commonly referred to as the F series because of the neck plate design change. Or year? This list is a little convoluted because there are so many over lapping serial numbers. These are reserved for U.S. made Fenders in their corresponding decade. Two left handed models of the guitar were specially crafted for Cobain’s use. I have a 70’s tele custom: natural finish, rosewood fingerboard. Date in pencil on the heel next to the truss rod screw 10-20-88 written in pencil.

This one does not have any serial info on the head stock but I did find two different dates in 1995, on the neck heel and one 1995 date on the body under the neck. These guitars were replicas of the early 1950 and 1960s era guitars.

There are a few places on a Fender guitar where a serial number might be found, and which will usually correlate with a manufacturing date: If the serial number isn’t in these locations than one should check the back vibrato cover plate, the front and back of the headstock or the area between pickup and saddles. How can I find out how old my amplifier is? Additionally, it’s quite similar to the original prototype guitar made by Fender when he was first evaluating the market. if a neckplate has a serial stamped (say 51593 dating 1958) how can we tell it hasn’t been removed from another guitar, therefore the guitar could be much newer? Also located on the body there is a 5 digit serial number – no letters, just 5 numbers. This Fender guitar was designed by Kurt Cobain to blend the best features of the Fender Jaguar and Fender Mustang. I have a fender jaguar serial number 76591. It clearly tells you that on the information listed above . Submit a request.

The new Fender did not acquire any physical assets of the old company, just the name "Fender". If someone knows something special about it I would really appreciate it. The Fender guitar also has single coil pickups along with a Wilkinson stop-tail. . Could anyone tell me when my starcaster guitar was made? best John. CALL 1-844-202-0924 | MONDAY-FRIDAY 8AM-11PM EST. It’s a ‘leftie’ and has the serial number MZ5129709.

A line of student guitars. Later popularity in the alt-rock scene has led to a high level of interest among collectors. as new as new could be be with all the items that come with a new Fender Guitar. True to form the reissue guitars have their identification numbers stamped in the neck plate. The Duo-Sonic was originally issued only in a tanned “Desert Sand” color. The guitar looks to new to be a 1972. The ad said it was a 1972 fender thin line Telly!? BUT note that the "E" and "N" series does sometimes appear on "made in Japan" models. Cherry Red with brass controls and bridge. Please note that fender serial numbers tend to overlap by at least a year, and thereby the date of your guitar can only be approximated. Any idea whats the date? The Starcaster highly memorable due to the number of high profile guitarists that make public use of it on a regular basis. I have a brand new never ever been played, the sticker still covers the whammy Bar insert.

I have ’73 Fender Precision Bass. But this quickly changed into an exploration of the nature of music.

There is a very slight metalic to the deep red finish.

Ask someone what a Strat is and they might be light on details. His specialty was radio, but he also had a steady stream of customers who wanted him to look at various items related to creating music. It’s also notable for proving the viability of Fender’s bolt-on neck design. Can anyone tell me when it was made and or what it might be worth please. Modern Fender production guitars, 1976 to the present, have their ID numbers on the front or back of the headstock near the Fender decal. Many thanks. MIA, MIJ, MIM, MIK and MII formats with the exception of Custom Shop, Relic and Reissue instruments. G029263. Since this change wasn’t until the end of 1962, only a few true 1962 Fenders have an “L” serial number. Each prefix is unique to that model guitar. Please note that fender serial numbers tend to overlap by at least a year, and thereby the date of Hi Mike here asked a question earlier still no news on it ???? Remember, these serial and neck numbers were never really intended for historical dating. It also has two string rollers on the headstock, two strings each roller assembly. this site is simply meant as a tool to satisfy the curiosity of guitar enthusiasts. Released in 1964, the solid body design was a reinvention of the Fender guitar student line. How can I find out when my Japanese-made instrument was manufactured? 1954 – 1963 the serial numbers were placed on the neck plate. Guitar Repair Bench is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Like all Fender’s previous systems, they are problems with this one. And to find certificate about it?? The only way to try to find the date is to remove the neck from the body. It’s an American standard made in 1997. Some Fender guitar bodies and pickups also have dates written on them. This was technically a Musicmaster II but was usually just called a Musicmaster. It is an American made Stratacaster. I have owned since 1991 and I do not have the Certificate. I bought a new one in 1975. It is in very good condition but not in the original case. I just bought a Chinese Stratocaster and I’m trying to find out how old it is the serial number is Cgf 1301615.

This is where Leo first saw the potential in designing and selling custom audio equipment. I still can’t find my guitar. Sorry but true, I have a 25th anniversary with serial 255775. Leo’s tinkering with the designs would lead him to co-found a small company called K & F Manufacturing Corp. Launched in 1962, it’s notable for using a switching system with separate lead and rhythm circuits. The CBS headstock may be painted to match the body.

1954 – 1963 the serial numbers were placed on the neck plate. After reviewing the ID number, you might find out that the two corresponding dates don’t coincide. Each models unique numbers started at 1 or a number close to it.

The twist is: along with the single coil at the neck it has a big humbucker in the bridge pickup location; not the diag single coil common to most telecasters. 2.0) Have someone got any idea how I can identify that guitar, please?