You'll learn that Curtis has an access to the monorail. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. If you’re a friend of the NCR, then you’ll definitely want to swing by. Do not wait any longer.

You should be able to just wait here safely. This can be quite common if you are doing the quest. Report to Captain Curtis and tell him he's in the clear. I'll cover how to learn about the quest from Vulpes Inculta or Cpt. You can find certain pathways around this floor trigger, such as jumping ontop of the rail and inch your way to the monorail doors, and that will avoid the trigger from being activated.

Report Colonel Hsu's refusal to Captain Curtis. That is required to avoid the mono rail from being blown sky high. https://fallout.gamepedia.com/I_Put_a_Spell_on_You?oldid=2044770, Fallout: New Vegas Caesar's Legion quests. What happened to the Brotherhood of Steel? There is a separate quest to reveal his corruption, but Contreas isn’t related to the spying. Instead you should keep Curtis ignorant about your findings from Boyed and proceed with your stakeout. If the NCR has branded you a terrorist for working with Caesar, Captain Curtis will attack you on sight, even if you are dressed as a member of the NCR. Killing Curtis at this point in the quest seems to doom the monorail. If you talk to Boyd, she’ll mention Contreas’ skimming and some odd break-ins at the control tower.

Perhaps not talking to him about the fact you are looking for a spy might mean he wont plant the bomb in time? It is bugged as hell and adds to a long list of bugs to New Vegas. Then it took off and exploded anyways. Negative. You need to do the radio thing, and let him talk. How do you get the key to open a set of doors in sunset sarsaparilla headquarters?

Locate the bomb #2 inside the monorail station and defuse it [Explosives 35] or [Science 45]. Go and talk to Captain Curtis - he can be found on the first floor in his office, just behind the escalator (M25A:3). Pick up the explosives and bomb ingredients in the trash can by the ticketing counter at the Camp McCarran terminal building.

You can fi… You'll learn about the bomb in the monorail. Go outside and take an escalator up (M25A:5). Now you have two choices: Do not wait any longer.

Sorry, we've got no plans for mobile versions of this game guide. So someone's getting the word out. I have reloaded it several times and it seems to be leaving as I get to the door, as on one reload I just decided to stand still and i stood still and it wasn't leaving but as soon as I move towards the doors it shoots off. Fallout: New Vegas Walkthru - Can You Find It in Your Heart? Hedging your Bets: a guide to delaying your final choice of faction {SPOILERS}. So you need the guy to admit it on the radio and the quest to update. Here's where the important decidng moment to avoid the bug. Run into the terminal and go up to the second level and through the marked door to the monorail station. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. For Fallout: New Vegas on the PlayStation 3, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "Fix For Monorail bug in I put a spell on you". you can kill curtis and take the code (you even get some funny dialog when you approach him), just don't talk to him about the tower, and don't talk to Hsu, go directly to the monorail (you also don't need to walk on the rail).

He’ll point you toward the head of the Military Police, Boyd, and a corrupt quartermaster, Contreas. Bug is dont talk to hsu before you defuse the bomb and then do what TC said. After I catch Curtis as the spy I killed him, got the activation code and what not and I get told to report back to Hsu. The corporal (or whatever) told me the lights go on at 1 AM but I haven't seen anything.

However, there is a floor trigger where you walk to the monorail that activates this. I eavedropped on the communication(without looking at who was talking) then tried to make my way to the monorail when i went through the door Curtis stopped me and asked what I was doing, told him I was following a lead, then I walk 3 steps and the monorail takes off and I am left all WTF. There’s a bomb in one of the vents next to the door.

Plenty of time to get to the monorail after eavesdropping too. At some point after midnight (it may be closer to one depending on the schedule), you should see Curtis walk along the tarmac toward the control tower. Otherwise, you will have to pickpocket the Activation Code off of Curtis for a loss of karma points. Sneak along behind Curtis, but keep a fair bit of distance between the two of you. My quest tells me to "Investigate the late-night break-ins at the Camp McCarran control tower." Your quest will then update. I thought this quest was pretty straight forward...only thing I did wrong at first was wait in the tower for Curtis instead of follow him in after. Listen to the radio conversation.

Unfortunately you'll be late and the train will explode. 1) Don't let Curtis know about the forced entries into the comm tower.

Report to Colonel Hsu and frame Private Crenshaw.

When you learn of the break in, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go back to Curtis. Then i finally got inside, used both options ( science skill and deactivation code) - got confirmation that i removed the explosives, after this, the monorail started moving and exploded anyway. 1) Open GECK, go File>Data and tick the checkbox next to "FalloutNV.esm". There’s no reason to tempt any bugs.

Talk to Captain Curtis or Colonel Hsu about problems around Camp McCarran. How do I get to the Boomers without being blown up? Don’t wait around in the station either. Thanks so much for the post! He’ll ask you to find out who the spy is by helping out Curtis with his investigation. Just wait there for him to report a patrol moving out and mention that the monorail is set to blow. This site is not associated with and/or endorsed by the Bethesda Softworks or Obsidian Entertainment. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. Get onto the monorail and walk to the connecting door. I found that the spy never actually radioed anything, he just says "thats close enough" and then some name, then i get the caution warning. People often waited in the tower, rather than outside the tower which will not trigger the radio dialogue as well, since the trigger is linked to the door to the comm tower. When I'm outside it tells me to go in, when I'm in it tells me to go out. You are apparently not supposed to talk to Curtis after talking to that interrogation officer. Go out through the back door (M25A:6) and head to the control tower (M25:2) #2. If you warned Curtis about your investigations and find him at the tower, he will never initiate his radio dialogue. If you are able to hear the radio chatter, when you enter the comm tower, then you are most likely safe now. Ask him what he knows about the situation. You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. "I put a spell on you" finished without monorail being destroyed!!! Follow him into the control tower, and use a stealth boy if you don’t have many points in stealth. Copyright © 2020 Bright Hub PM. Once you collect the explosive charge, you are committed to the Legion arc of the quest and can't use the monorail even if you fail the mission by killing Curtis. When in the New Vegas side of the monorail station, the sky cannot be seen behind the monorail. You'll learn that there is a spy inside the camp. During the mission I Put a Spell on You a pre-recorded announcement, likely from before the war, can be heard reminding passengers to keep children restrained when the monorail is in motion. Where do you find the key for the 2nd floor of the broadcast building at Black Mountain?

Either Boyed or Conterus will be your main leads. There's a number of glitches in that quest. Do not attack Curtis, at all! Offer to help Colonel Hsu to find the spy. Click OK and wait for it to load. You have to hide under the nearby plane's wing. He’ll point you toward the head of the Military Police, Boyd, and a corrupt quartermaster, Contreas. !. If you talk to Boyd, she’ll mention Contreas’ skimming and some odd break-ins at the control tower. Maybe next time around. This is the important part!

How do you get the key to open a set of doors in sunset sarsaparilla headquarters? Many people have talked to Curtis and told him about the lead and ended up having the monorail destroyed. Listen to the radio conversation.

Report to Colonel Hsu and tell him about the evidence in the footlocker. All logos and images are copyrighted by their respective owners. I will not change this until Cal goes to the Rose Bowl.

Run towards the monorail station taking the stairs up (M25A:5). The game has a check that triggers the radio chat, WHEN YOU USE THE DOOR ENTRANCE TO THE COMM TOWER. Have fun using it on our WWW pages.

Camp McCarran has been compromised, and an agent is feeding information to Caesar's Legion about NCR troop movements. Monorail leaves before I can reach it in the quest I put a spell on you? He’ll ask you to find out who the spy is by helping out Curtis with his investigation. Wait until then and you'll see someone wanders over the tower. Ask her if there was anything suspicious lately. I've gotten the monorail taking off on me 3 steps away, also went on the monorail without sneaking, just regular running, and defused the bomb.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Investigate the late-night break-ins at the Camp McCarran control tower. Wait until then and you'll see someone wanders over the tower. Oh hell, CURTIS WAS THE SPY? Camp McCarran is the NCR Base located on the edge of New Vegas. Disarmed it, and it counted. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/WWEGamer18/billede018.jpg.

I have searched in google but haven't seen anything.

You can confront him now but this is not a good idea, while you won't get any information, You can also follow him to the tower #1. -RPG Apostle, Hedging your Bets: a guide to delaying your final choice of faction {SPOILERS}. I think I figured out the precise steps to avoid the monorail from being blown up. The Vault - Fallout Wiki is a Fandom Gaming Community. Fallout New Vegas Side Quest Guide: Freeside - G.I. Some other topic, or maybe an answer has a fix for it though. I've tried 3 nights in a row, but I can't get the spy to come to the tower.

You can pass a Speech check and convince him that you’re just out for a walk, but he’ll be too suspicious to continue with his meeting. Where do you find the key for the 2nd floor of the broadcast building at Black Mountain? Fallout: New Vegas Game Guide by gamepressure.com, Given by: Colonel James Hsu [The Camp McCarran Terminal building] (M25A:2). DETAILED guide on how to complete "I Put a Spell on You" & SAVE the monorail. Ask her for a key to the control tower to check this lead. When you talk to Boyed, you will be made aware of a break into the Comm Tower. Just stake out the comm center and not get noticed by Curtis when he comes around.

That what I did and got to it in time. Then I killed him, and rushed to the monorail.

Even if you manage to make it there in time and disarm the bomb, it will still blow up. If you get too close to him, he’ll stop you and ask why you’re out this late. If you want, and aren’t afraid of potentially triggering a bug, you can go back to the control tower and kill Curtis. So if you decide to wait inside the tower, the radio chat will not trigger. Pick up the explosives in the in the trash can by the ticketing counter at the Camp McCarran terminal building. Soon, he will tell his contact that there is a bomb in the monorail.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. If you have a high explosives skill or high science skill, you can choose to go directly to the monorail.

2) Radio only chatter trigger occurs when you use the door INTO the comm tower. If you think the world should keep things like ID and Creationism in the religion classroom where they belong, add this to your sig.