Thankfully, I’m wary of that this year, especially since I’ve begun to hear more and more people talk about New Year’s intentions versus resolutions. Not this year. If you're not already doing so, now is the time to get clear on your ideal lifestyle. This year, I’m being gentle with myself, yet proactive, by committing to New Year’s intentions and not the traditional hard-to-keep resolutions I’ve made in the past.

Write down the following questions to journal. Set Your Intentions for 2020. by Liz Joy Oakley | Jan 5, 2020 | Lifestyle, Meditation, Mental Health, Mental Hygiene, Mindfulness, MoreMind, MoreYoga, News & Blog. Maybe you need to think about outsourcing this year, or hiring more employees, or getting better at time-management, or cutting out things you think you're supposed to be doing that don't really help your business at all. They represent a wide array of challenges facing humanity and are the result of much prayer and discernment over the past several months. In this article, we will explore the implementation intention concept a bit more, and then we will look at 10 examples that you can tailor to your life to achieve your goals. It doesn’t mean these things are written in stone but by having a more defined idea of what you’d like to create can help to make your intentions more real and more attainable. Maybe you didn't accomplish everything you wanted to last year. I'm here to help you set intentions that will give you peace of mind and equip you with structure and get you excited for 2020 and help your business thrive and…Can you tell I'm pumped! You want to trust that the energy you let go of will come back to you. Are they adding joy to your life or are you simply afraid of missing out? Liz Joy Oakley is Yoga Teacher, Holistic Wellbeing Coach and Head of Vibes at MoreYoga, co-running our MoreMind Project with Stephanie Minchin, coordinating events, content and workshops focused on better supporting our communities mental and physical wellbeing. Just like every other person on Earth, I’ve committed to my fair share of New Year’s resolutions, and I’m the first to admit that most of them fell by the wayside. What habits can you improve to help you achieve the goals you want and need to improve? After starting her career in the fast-paced world of luxury fashion Liz came to Yoga after being diagnosed with Malignant Hypertension and Generalized Anxiety and left with the goal of helping others to lead healthier lives holistically. Copyright © 2020 - Screw The Nine To Five Marketing Incorporated. Maybe simplifying your life looks like decluttering your house or setting a morning routine or investing in a meal-delivery service or ending unhealthy relationships. They're the trail-blazers who take work into their own hands and build a business to make a living and a life. Start by taking a few deep breathes to help you to relax and centre yourself, leaving any worries or external concerns outside of this space while you practise this ritual. Hello Giggles may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. “I’m not sure,” I replied. Cassandra is a successful business owner, gifted serial entrepreneur, and holistic guide for women in business. Could changing the phrasing of our goals be the key to keeping a New Year commitment? “To be able to keep a resolution, you also need to let it go,” she says. Now back in London, Liz is passionate about helping people achieve a healthier, happier lifestyle through her work. You could also use some sage to clear the space of any negative energy. I know, that hurt a little, right?It's time to learn to control your FOMO, because by saying yes to everything you are indeed missing out by agreeing to things that won't actually help you pursue your business. This is different from cutting out excess in your business. . |, A purple shampoo hack that will truly keep your blonde hair from going brassy, 10 reasons why you're dreaming about your ex, 7 ways to clean gunky earrings to make your bling sparkle like new, 10 tricks to make your hair look super shiny and healthy, Fire, water, earth, or air—here's what your zodiac element reveals about you, 15 ways your relationship changes after the honeymoon stage ends, 15 movies about love that are actually super depressing. Even if you feel like you’re not accomplishing enough or going fast enough, do as Fredheim says and “trust the process.”. A natural visionary, she has built multiple businesses, including Tola Marketing + Creative and Milkin’ Cookie, from the ground up. Take a few deep cleansing breaths into your nose and out through your mouth before blinking your eyes slowly open. Or maybe you're much more chillllllll, and you've just been waiting for the right article to come along and help you outline your intentions…Well, my friend, you've come to the right place. It’s also helpful to set “micro-goals” or small goals that act as stepping stones to the final goal. *Please see 2020 message on the bottom of this blog* Intentions can be general or very specific and they can be on any level- physical, financial, social, mental, emotional, etc. Learning to say no. Why is that? A new chance to set intentions!There we go. Find a comfortable place to sit, somewhere quiet where you won’t be disturbed.

“Mirror-talk and positive self-talk will help the Universe deliver [your wishes] at a way higher pace,” Fredheim says. However, I’m still nowhere close to being fluent in French, I didn’t run every single day, and I only ended up reading 10 out of the 24 books. The biggest way you can simplify your life? Let's face it: the need to achieve is in our entrepreneur DNA. January is a good time to reset. New year, new you? Updated December 31, 2019 10:31 am Each product we feature has been independently selected and … Cassandra is a successful business owner, gifted serial entrepreneur, and holistic guide for women in business. In a few sentences, summarise the intentions that feel most meaningful to you for the new year.

[However,] I do recommend [checking in] on your goals [on a] monthly [basis]. If this could be your year, if there were no boundaries, what would it look like?