• Incorporates intangible elements of the experience, including feelings (Jasper, 2013). 1983) The scenario is presented as Appendix 1 and the patient has been anonymised as ‘Lee’ in accordance with the NMC guidelines (NMC 2008) I reported the incident to the Ward Senior Sister and together we filled in an Incident Report Form (IR1). This will be beneficial to the researcher. Reflection based of Rolfe et al (Example 1) What? • Comprehensive analysis of the second stage is reliant on appropriate theoretical knowledge (ScOPT, 2017).

Clearly the incident cannot be confidently verified at this stage and there is a question as to whether the patient is reliable in making this allegation. Either I believed that Lee‘s story was probably true, or I didn’t.

Vong, S. (2017) Observe , Reflect , Action !

The model may be used with the learner noting down the different headings and then making notes on the event. Journal of Humanistic Psychology, 23 (2): 99-117. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. However, it is a model that could be applied to other areas of healthcare, or other practitioner areas, for example, Fontaine (2018, p. 1) advocates for its use in veterinary practice.

Example Reflective Essay using Rolfe Reflective Model Paper. Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of NursingAnswers.net.

Harlow: Pearson Education. Tschudin, V (2003).

GU34 2QG, Use the form below to send a quick enquiry, REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES NO: 8589154 | VAT REGISTRATION NO: 160471136 | REGISTERED OFFICE: TURNER HOUSE, 9-10 MILL LANE, ALTON, HANTS, GU34 2QG, © Copyright - 2020 Essay Writing Service UK. Do you have a 2:1 degree or higher in nursing or healthcare? I was concerned in case I had inadvertently been party to a false allegation and considered further the consequences for the ‘Special’ involved. After a period of discussion with the Ward Sister, I filled in an Incident Report Form (IR1), which was then forwarded to the hospital management. Georgetown University press : Philadelphia.

(van Uffelen J G Z et al.

What were the results? The Ward Sister also discussed the ethics and implications of the situation with me, which was both professionally helpful and considerate, as she could see that I was unclear about what I should do in these circumstances. (2010) developed the model specifically for application within nursing, for those learning and well as practitioners. A 78 year old gentleman called Lee was admitted to my Ward with schizophrenia and other medical conditions, one of which includes confusion and hyponatremia. What Fields of Study use Rolfe's Reflective Cycle?

(a description of the event) Excessive request to cover ‘on call’ shifts What happened? Rolfe et al. Do you have a 2:1 degree or higher? • More comprehensive compared to Bortons (1970) model. Rolfe, G., Freshwater, D., Jasper, M. (2001) Critical reflection in nursing and the helping professions: a user’s guide. When analysed in overview, one can note that the main issues contained in this scenario are that a schizophrenic patient, who may therefore be psychotic, who is certainly confused due to his metabolic disturbances (hyponatraemia) and possibly idiopathic confusion, has made an allegation of physical assault against another staff member. Edinburgh: Butterworth-Heinemann. 1172–1183. My role in the situation was that I was the recipient of the allegation.

We're here to answer any questions you have about our services.

This reassured me greatly. A 78 year old gentleman called Lee was admitted to my Ward with schizophrenia and other medical conditions, one of which includes confusion and hyponatremia.

Now What?' On the one hand I was aware of the seriousness of the allegation if it were true, and therefore I was also aware of the potential harm that an untrue allegation could cause to the professional integrity of the ‘Special‘ who was involved. An ethical analysis would suggest that the nurse should invoke the Principle of Non-Malificence, which was derived from the often quoted dictum of Hippocrates, which stated that one should “first do no harm”. (Carrick P 2000). What should I do to improve the outcome, what do I need to do to improve the outcome, and what are the broader implications. Lond Mosby Elsevier.

I reported the incident to the Ward Senior Sister and together we filled in an Incident Report Form (IR1).

All work is written to order. Schon, D. (1991) The Reflective Practitioner, San Francisco, Jossey Bass. No plagiarism, guaranteed!

How to Get Funding For a PhD: 10 Top Tips.

Rolfe, G., Jasper, M. and Freshwater, D. (2010) Critical reflection in practice: generating knowledge for care. 19+ Reflective Essay Examples & Samples in PDF Sometimes, it is our experiences that startled and challenged our own voyage that strengthens and improves us to be the best versions of ourselves.