While working she is professional, logical and at times, seemingly lacking a sense of humor; Kristen also finds it hard to admit when she's wrong or fully accept other people's points of view due to her scientific background. A ghost, people! David (Mike Colter) and Kristen (Katja Herbers) head upstate to David's father Leon's (Vondie Curtis-Hall) farm, called The Gully, to investigate just why a demonic sigil on the Map of Evil from that codex is popping up on Leon's paintings, and they find the artist throwing a party. In Book 27 she stabs him in the back with a pair of scissors and seemingly kills him. However, despite his suspicions they remain just that and Andy blames himself more than Kristen since it is him who has been away so long.

Was this part of your original construction for the season, or did you discover it along the way?ROBERT: We thought this was something we were going to go toward in the second season and third, if there was going to be a second or third. Download the TV Guide app for iPhone, iPad and Android! It needs to be tied to the puzzle pieces. NBC News’ Kristen Welker is married to marketing executive John Hughes. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. David has a chat with his father in his art studio/barn in an attempt to figure out what prompted Leon to start using that sigil in his art. The Monsignor is, however, concerned about David dealing with his father, should he turn out to be a demon. She's in a long white dress with no shoes, and she has scars all over her arm, but the two are having a great time. Evil airs Thursdays at 10/9c on CBS. Let's kick this thing off with one astute and deep question I'd like to throw out to you: Um, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL WHAT? Right now, everything’s sort of against him.

But Leon has some big news for his son: Annie Commerce isn't his friend; she's one of their enslaved ancestors. That's where Leon got it from. She tries to buy more time to assess LeRoux during his trial but is told that she either confirms her earlier diagnosis on the stand or they would 're-evaluate' Kristen working for the DA's office. That last look in the mirror is not someone saying, “Okay, I’m possessed. Ben's all like: Help me, I want to hook up with this woman but she thinks that her dead sister is grafted to her, what do I do?

Evil Stars Reveal What Wild Cases They Want to See in Season 2 See who's hoping their character gets possessed!

What we’ve been doing since Good Wife is that when you break the status quo — when you either fire Cary Agos [Matt Czuchry] or kill Will Gardner [Josh Charles] — you actually create true drama. She died in 1859.

That night after the girls go to bed, Kristen keeps hearing a slithery sound in her house. Discover your new favorite show: Watch This Now! Her husband is off climbing Mount Everest, the weirdest absent-parent subplot since iCarly’s … Now, that is not really what you put on the poster to bring people in. Again, we don’t want to undercut the drama of the moment by saying it’s metaphor because it’s just not metaphor. F— it, I’m gonna dive in.” There’s a real sense of “Oh s—.” I think that has enough sense of self-reflection that you can pull yourself out of it. Kristen puts on a brave face no matter what is bothering her to ensure her daughters have the happiest upbringing they can and will stop at nothing if it means keeping them safe, the best examples of this being when she slits Leland Townsend's throat to get him out of her house and her anger towards the debt collector that called the house and told her daughters they'd 'be homeless' if Kristen didn't soon repay her loan. Evil Season 1, Episode 1 Recap: "Pilot" | Evil Season 1, Episode 2 Recap: "177 Minutes" | Evil Season 1, Episode 3 Recap: "3 Stars" | Evil Season 1, Episode 4 Recap: "Rose390" | Evil Season 1, Episode 5 Recap: "October 31" | Evil Season 1, Episode 6 Recap: "Let x = 9" | Evil Season 1, Episode 7 Recap: "Vatican III" | Evil Season 1, Episode 8 Recap: "2 Fathers" | Evil Season 1, Episode 9 Recap: "Exorcism Part 2" | Evil Season 1, Episode 10 Recap: "7 Swans a Singin" | Evil Season 1, Episode 11 Recap: "Room 320", (Disclosure: TV Guide is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.). Kristen has successfully split her personality between her work and home life.

TVLINE | Before we get into the Halloween episode, can we talk about Kristen’s breakdown in the kitchen at the end of last week’s episode? The pair easily formed an attachment to one another that could easily turn romantic if it weren't for Kristen's husband and David's want to become a priest. What else can you tease about season 2?ROBERT: I think we underplayed Ben this year, because Ben is a fascinating character, as is [Aasif Mandvi] as an actor. It should be noted that Sheryl is still wearing red (Leon also wants to paint Kristen a red t-shirt upon meeting her, so red, red, red, friends), and she asks Andy to keep her afternoon tryst a secret from Kristen, which, like, is a big ask after you were just dressing the dude down for being a bad husband. It’s a very scary episode, but it’s also extremely cute because I have those four children who dress up in extremely cute Halloween outfits. Leon has documentation and even a photo to confirm it. So I think she just had to let it out. What went into plotting Kristen’s journey and ending in this place where she seemingly murdered someone?MICHELLE: Or to put it in another way, that she protected her daughters.ROBERT: [Laughs] Right, we’re looking at how mothering can creep over into villainy because mothering involves protectiveness. Young Sheldon EP Teases 'Unexpected Continuation' of Big Bang Theory Storyline Ahead of Season 4 Premiere. There’s so much going on. Leon isn't the evil one; the racist slaveowner is. CBS' spooky new show Evil explores supernatural aspects of crimes and bizarre happenings, but is one of the show's main characters an actual demon? But again, we don’t want to say that and then undercut what I think is dramatically interesting about the supernatural in the episode too. TVLINE | Moving on to the Halloween episode: This show is already very frightening on its own. Grade the premiere via the poll below, let us know whether you’ll return for Episode 2, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the episode! ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: After walking this fine line between scientific and supernatural explanations for the various happenings in season 1, it seems as though the finale confirmed that there is indeed something supernatural going on. The daughters call this out on the episode, and we see Kristen be a loving mom and quiet their fears. It's a big moment for David. Her disapproving mom (Chicago Hope‘s Christine Lahti) helps with the girls. LeRoux attacks Kristen and starts to chokes her only to be ripped away by guards. [Editor’s Note: The following review contains spoilers for “Evil” Episode 4, “Rose390.”]. See who's hoping their character gets possessed! Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now. 10 funny mockumentaries to remind us about the absurdity of life, Family-friendly Halloween films for boos big and small, metaphysically minded drama’s season ender.

Holy hell, is Kristen going to have some explaining to do when she gets home. Honestly, this is a phone call that could only happen on Evil. Mike Colter and Katja Herbers say their characters have an 'intellectual attraction'. Yeah. The world can be a horrible place sometimes, and I think that’s what happened. But first, a quick recap of the premiere: Kristen Bouchard (Westworld‘s Katja Herbers) is a New York-based forensic psychologist who frequently works for the Queens District Attorney’s office.

Kristen says that he just described psychopaths, and David agrees: That’s where their fields overlap. Along with his colleague Ben (The Daily Show‘s Aasif Mandvi), Mike investigates cases that might be possession to determine whether an exorcism or further research is needed. Originally she is terrified of George and wakes up screaming on a few occasions.

We’re definitely going to continue the relationship [between Ben and Vanessa, played by Nicole Shalhoub].

And David's like: Sir, I just saw a woman who's been dead 160 years. Most of it will be things that bring Ben a little bit more to the forefront. It doesn’t necessarily have much to do with [Kristen’s] husband, although she’s carrying all the weight, and she does the parenting basically by herself. But then on a hunch, she goes to her shrink’s office and learns that all of the notes from her sessions are gone.

Keep track of your favorite shows and movies, across all your devices.

© 2020 TV GUIDE, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Is that the Devil? "They're most attracted to each other when they have a disagreement," he said. Whether hallucinogenic-induced or not, that's freaking weird. Is this real? Leon insists is just came to him, but interesting tidbit: It started three years ago — when he met Esther and Cori. reserved.PMC Entertainment. All the canned margaritas in the world will not help him unsee that. The two were set up by mutual friends in 2014 and they eventually married three years later in … Then she tells David his eyes are just like his father's and retreats to the barn. Moreover, it seems as though David (Mike Colter) is at least subconsciously aware of Kristen’s walk on the dark side because he had a vision of her walking toward Leland’s demon therapist in a cornfield. We also have a daughter who’s sick, doctor’s appointments coming up that can’t be good. Speaking of weird, Ben runs into Vanessa (Nicole Shalhoub) at an ADR session for the Gotham Ghosts episode he did and he learns that she didn't ignore him the three times he tried calling — the number she wrote on his hand was wrong.

A worried look flashed across her face right as the scene cut to black. There’s a town upstate New York that deals with psychic phenomenon and fortune telling, so to see Ben go to this place with his girlfriend to try and solve it is kind of funny to us. That is either something very supernatural going on, an indication that Vanessa is actually cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, or the greatest excuse as to why you gave out a fake number but still are down to have sex with someone. She can't get through to 911 and no one hears them calling for help, and then all of a sudden Esther gives birth. Occupation

This finale heavily implies that Kristen killed Orson, and with David’s visions, reveals that this season was about the slow corruption of Kristen. Instead of a warm hug from his wife and doting daughters, and perhaps, I don't know, a baked good of some sort, he instead walks in on his mother-in-law Sheryl (Christine Lahti) humping Leland (Michael Emerson) in Kristen's office. We do not know! Evil‘s David has been talking about exorcisms since the series’ premiere, so it’s fitting that the show’s first actual attempt at demon-extraction takes place tonight in the CBS drama’s Halloween episode (10/9c).

I do think the show starts with the idea that science is bizarre, and one of the things we were looking at in the writers’ room was science of stigmata. Yes, friends, they are a real, live throuple, living their best lives at The Gully. By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. “George will slash the throats of your daughters,” Roy tells her, which naturally freaks her out in the extreme.