Progress marches on, though, and now EVGA is ready with its G3 line-up. Anyone is welcome to seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop. The Tom's Hardware Show returns TODAY at 3PM ET! Maybe the RM850x?

All of the G3s measure just 15cm deep, demonstrating how interested EVGA is in upping the power density of its offerings. If you'd like a EVGA PSU then the Supernova G2 would be fine as well. Naturally, the SuperNOVA 850 G3 is fully modular.

All that matters in value is the current price you can get. Packing higher capacity into smaller enclosures affects what we refer to as power density.

New are the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 and 750 G2L Power Supplies My Pick EVGA … Get an EVGA G2/G3 or Seasonic Focus Gold/Focus Plus Gold.

They all get 10/10 in performance and build quality on Johnnyguru.com. Excellent, impressively thorough and professional review, as usual. Moving from 750W to 850W gives a bit more headroom for high-end hardware and overclocking. Today we're reviewing the 850W version, which falls second in EVGA's hierarchy.

Now the list is a lot longer. Increasingly, PSU vendors are trying to do battle based on this concept of power density. LeadexII seems amazing platform!!

Not long ago, SilverStone was the only company that really put an effort into shrinking its power supplies. Meet the brand new GQ series 850W.

The value and features metrics aren't that important. Dangit.

Thank you for signing up to Tom's Hardware. EVGA G5 is good but only the models under 1000 watt as the G5 1000 Watt isn't good and I wouldn't recommend the EVGA G3. However the Corsair RMX series is pretty good and would recommend going for one of those instead.

How To Make It A More Trustworthy Certification, Current page: Power and Efficiency.

We encountered the first EVGA SuperNOVA G2 power supply almost four years ago, and although much time has passed, we still remember its top-notch performance.

Get whichever you think looks nicer or costs the least. The 850 G3 is strong enough to power a high-end gaming PC or workstation, and its limited depth ensure compatibility with every ATX chassis.

So i want to buy a power supply for gaming, G3 made it in a lower tier than the G2. EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3 Power Supply Review. FOR A LIMITED TIME 0% … However the Corsair RMX series is pretty good and would recommend going for one of those instead. A semi-passive mode is enabled by default, minimizing noise.

The only downside looks to be the very short distance between four-pin Molex connectors, which we'd like to be 13-15cm.

So, you get the full 850W with both models. Much appreciated.

MORE: Picking The Right Power Supply: What You Should Know, MORE: Is 80 PLUS Broken?

Love the quality SF produces. Get instant access to breaking news, in-depth reviews and helpful tips. Naturally, the SuperNOVA 850 G3 is fully modular. New York,

Since this PSU features a single +12V rail, we do not have anything to say about its power distribution.

Made by Super Flower? They're all 80 PLUS Gold-certified (like the G2s). Tom's Hardware is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. EVGA 850 GQ 850W Power Supply Oklahoma Wolf November 9, 2015. I don't know why people buy anything else.

Lastly, the 5VSB rail is capable enough for today's needs. https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/.

Receive mail from us on behalf of our trusted partners or sponsors? I’ve almost lost count of how many EVGA units I have reviewed this year alone.

Out of Stock Limit 1 per household. One item I like about 850 G3 is that it shorting than the 850 G2 Model and the G3 has a different type of Fan.

Press J to jump to the feed. EVGA SuperNova 1000 G5—$114.99 (after $25 MIR), down from $199.99; EVGA SuperNova 850 G5—$89.99 (after $20 MIR), down from $159.99; EVGA SuperNova 750 … G2 or G3 are both excellent quality PSU's, as for how much you need 650W would be more then enough for that system and overclocking. The SuperNOVA G3 units are based on a fresh Leadex II platform, and their most obvious upgrade over the G2 series is more compact dimensions. So i want to buy a power supply for gaming my specs are : i7 6700k - gtx 1080ti so i found the top views on amazon was the evga g series so should i go with evga g2 850 watt 80+ gold evga g3 850 watt 80+ gold evga gq 850 watt 80+ gold Thanks in advance Just bought this yesterday, focusing on a quiet PSU, deciding on this over the G2 or P2 version.

Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, Visit our corporate site. ©

but heard better things about the corsair so corsiar it is, do you know if theres any differences between the Rmx models and the Ax and Hx for corsair? JavaScript is disabled. The minor rails are pretty strong with 120W maximum combined power, while the +12V rail can deliver more than 70A of current.

*Accessories shown in the images above are subject to change without notice. I know the quality will be there, but disappointed in the noise levels. EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3 Power Supply Review, Packaging, Contents, Exterior, And Cabling.

REVIEW INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY: EVGA MANUFACTURER: EVGA PRODUCT: 850 GQ PROD LINK: 850 GQ … Finally, the 10-year warranty is as long as we could ask for.

All necessary protection features are included, thankfully. A top performing PSU which with higher efficiency at 5VSB and a less aggressive fan profile could be close to perfection.