It’s their sport. Scott Hart, who I met through collegiate racing, actually shot it. If someone were to ask Eric Porter what category he races, his response would simply be, “I ride cat-fun.” Porter built his lifelong professional mountain biking career around having a blast riding his bike. These cookies do not store any personal information. I also test stuff for CamelBak and Lezyne.

Castle Hill . How Much Freeride? The Steepest Steps In The Isle Of Wight, England, Crankworx Rotorua Moves To November in 2021, Greg Minnaar’s Victory In Lousa, Portugal, Team Big Bear’s Weekend To Remember Oct 31-Nov 1, Places To Ride: Rock House Trail In San Diego, Ca, Places To Ride: Christchurch, New Zealand. Accommodation. A lot of people think companies are coming out with new stuff all the time just to make money, but in reality a lot of new products are things that the riders have been asking for, then helped test, and they are really beneficial to everyone. I love to ride trails the most, but I also love to dirt jump, ride downhill, ride road, ride trials; it’s all awesome, and they all complement each other. Porter, in fact, spent many hours riding the prototype version of the Diamondback Release, making sure the geometry and overall feel of the bike were just right. It has been around since 1986 and we’re still having fun. It’s amazing to get the opportunity to help make the mountain bike industry better for everyone. I would recommend wooden lips, because they are always good to go, whereas dirt ones need maintenance to ride well. A 5-Foot 7-Inch Rider on a 29er DH Bike - What Does Remy Metailler Think? It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Be versatile with your riding! Porter is not only an epic rider, he is also a family man. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. The Porter Compound – Welcome To Eric Porter’s Dream Backyard, Why So Serious? https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/45918/avatar/c50_601465_10152020946064260_1868061448_n_1565116833.jpg?1565115872, https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/BHowell,45918/all, https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/BHowell,45918/setup, Video: Trailside Bike Park with Porter & McGarry, Diamondback DF5 Pro Factory Team Trip to Utah. Kelly McGarry helped me with the design, and we built the roll-in and all of the wooden lips together. The backyard riding setup was a long time in the making. When he settled down in Utah with his family, he finally decided it was time to build one and make his vision a reality. Your kids are both little shredders. I work really closely with Diamondback, Hayes and Kenda on testing.

I’m really happy to have this creation in my yard to help remember him by. Modern lifts, well groomed trails, fun parks and great off-piste, Directions to Porters, Road Conditions, Shuttle Information, © Copyright 2020 Porters Ski Area | All Rights Reserved | Privacy | About This Website | Login. Don’t let that fool you, though. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. VITAL RAW - Lousa, Portugal World Cup DH Craziness!! Comfortable 6 bed dorm rooms with cozy beds. Vital MTB Deals; Forum; Gear Club; MTB Deals; More Vital Products; Inside Line Podcast; News; Feature Stories; Member Blogs; Press Releases; Accessibility Widget; Eric Porter's Birthday Wish? Just try to grow yourself as a rider. I had just won Collegiate National Championships in downhill and dual slalom and was racing semi-pro in the NORBA Nationals, but I was never able to win in semi-pro and actually move up to the big leagues. The Nitro Circus crew rides here too. He has two MBA magazine covers himself and now runs MTB stuff at Red Bull. In-depth tests of mountain bikes (over 50 bikes a year), components, riding gear, and much much more! The rest of the major digging crew included Derek, Bryce, Dan, Ben and a bunch of other awesome local riders. He is a longtime bike ambassador, helping spread a love for healthy living through bikes to everyone he meets. That way you will never be bored with your local trails or riding. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Contact us via email at [email protected]

The garage: Eric Porter takes a moment to look over his Diamondback Release after a day of riding. We recently had the opportunity to meet up with his family in his famous 1-acre backyard just a short drive from Park City, Utah.

One of our readers, @mivanov, Too early for ?!? This Acid Kiwi #Stu, Orange is the new black, right?

I ended up shooting my first magazine cover grinding a handrail on my dirt-jump bike, something no one else was doing. Your backyard is an awesome play-ground for mountain bikers. It’s a ton of work to get everything built and to maintain it, especially when there’s snow on it four months a year.

How long did it take you to build your dream backyard and who helped you? Luckily, with the housing market crash a few years ago, we were able to afford this awesome cabin with an acre, right where I want to be. That cover opened some doors for me, and then I was on the podium at all the slopestyle events that following summer, which ended up turning riding into a full-time job for me! Castle Hill rocks is known as one of the top bouldering areas in the world, with routes for all abilities to have a go. When did you turn pro, and what were your most memorable events? “I love to ride trails the most, but also love to dirt jump, ride down-hill, ride road and ride trials. Head over to Wasatch Trails Foundation and donate or become a member! ____________________________________, Tandie Bailey Mountain Biking Oz Trails In Northwest Arkansas, Throwback Thursday: Greg Minnaar vs. Dan Atherton, 2008. Sending it till the lights go out: It’s easy to see that Eric Porter gets a lot of enjoyment from riding his backyard jumps. Così si sono recati in Messico per costruire uno speciale... 9 Gennaio 2017. There have been a bunch of good friends that ride here, too, including Carson Storch, Cody Gessel, Jonsey Fedderson, Matt Beringer and Sasha Yaklokof. 2.3km worth of purpose-built mountain bike flow trails and a world of single track. Mountain Bike Action New Products: Race Face Aeffect R Wheelsets, Mountain Bike Action New Products: Niterider Lumina Dual 1800 Light. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Will we be seeing them in the pro ranks one day?

Tons of trees were blown over in a recent storm, so we rode the WOW trail in Utah with my Stihl chainsaw to cut them out and clear the singletrack! You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Castle Hill rocks is known as one of the top bouldering areas in the world, with routes for all abilities to have a go.