If anyone has any experience with scooters here in NYC I would love to hear your thoughts. only if the street is way too stupid or i have to go the wrong way for like a block. Anyone here live in NYC and use an electric scooter regularly? Is it even legal to own this thing in N.Y.C., never mind be on the streets with it??? As far as I know, escooters have been fully legalized in nyc recently, however you’re supposed to go 20mph or slower. I believe they are legal in bike lanes as long as they don't go too fast. MAYBE also an Apollo City, Hi, i sent you a message with few questions. A revolution is on the way - and Electric Scooters … Lock it if it is a short time, carry it with me if it is a long time. Meanwhile, in New York City, the legislation exists to legalize them at a state level, but the state governor has yet to sign the bill that would allow electric scooters to officially move in. I never ride when it's raining, and try to avoid riding when the streets are still wet. newsletter. NY drivers are maniacs, whether they're on scooters, cars, bikes or other. Another coincidence! Yet, people continue to buy and use e-scooters in these cities in droves. The handlebar height is also adjustable. And watch out for fallen leaves!

Watch out world! Where you live and work matters... Lugging it up a few flights of stairs everyday is a pain so you might want to go light if not traveling far. -I haven't tried it in very wet conditions as I've heard may of them can have issues with puddles. I ride form Queens to 14th street and don't even break a loss of 25% battery. Highly recommended. Watch out world! If you’re the type of person who enjoys riding electric scooters, our superb collection makes us I’d be extremely cautious riding during rain or snow conditions. For years, the city has boasted Citi Bike, the US’ largest bikeshare (operated by Lyft), but has largely been left out of the dockless bike and scooter wars. Looking to purchase an electric scooter for my commute, preferably under $600. Do you think off-road tires make any sense on this scooter for strictly city riding (since we have so many potholes and debris here in New York)? The scooter weights 100lbs, it back breaking if there is'nt an elevator or ramp. Scooters should be driven following the same rules as bikes, so no sidewalks. Do you just carry it with you at that point or do you lock it to a bike rack or something? I have the wolf on the west coast, make sure you will never need to go up stairs. Never ride on the sidewalk.

I use roll it behind me via the handle when in a store/bar/etc. I just freaking swerved into a parked car to avoid a moving one. It's not fun. It’s likely other operators also intend to participate. Electric scooters are the folding, stand-up variety - a grown-up version of the kick scooters you may have used as a kid. So if they list up to 15.5 miles, subtract like 3-4 miles from it and you'll get your actual milage per charge.

Probably not going to ride my scooter through the slush since it’s slippery when wet and gross. New York City plans to launch an e-scooter rental pilot program in March 2021. what do you do when you reach your destination? I usually subtract 20% of the total mileage. Yep streets only, but if you have to take it a block or two on the sidewalk to reach a bike lane that's not a huge deal. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Best purchase this year, by far.

The difference is, these are much more fun! Anyone here use an electric scooter regularly? All very accurate information. There are some more things to look up on to find the right one for you but just do some research.

I was watching the traffic from the BQE off ramp and didn't notice the long wide crack. I wouldn't ride one in wet/snowy conditions - ever. Just go walking speed and don't ride close to anyone. The handling won't be great. For that distance. Anything else I should know as a would-be Big Wolf in the Big Apple? How well do scooters hold up in slush and snow?

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. gonna harass me just based on the scooter's apocalyptic looks?? One of my friends has a Fluidfreeride Horizon and frequently gets denied in stores/bars since it's heavier and needs to be carried (like most scooters). I charge on the ferry when I can but bars and restaurants give lots of excuses why I can’t plug in while I’m eating/drinking outside. I actually started out looking at e-bikes but they're so under-powered (by law, of course) compared to electric scooters for basically the same price! And what do you mean by "worry about braking," please? As for divots and such, I thought the Wolf's 11-inch tubeless pneumatic tires and motorcycle-like suspension would easily roll over them?? Some days you won't be able to use it, but even if it's slushy and icy out the streets are usually plowed and salted so they're mostly dry. Don't hang bags on handle bars or else your balance will get thrown off and you'll get hurt.

If you would like to host an AMA on this subreddit, please send a message to u/chucktyte. Period. Join us as we examine what it’s going to take for the situation to change. Cookies help us deliver our Services.

One of my friends broke their leg on one. A revolution is on

NYC roads suck and there are potholes and cracks everywhere. Everyone I know that has owned one for over a year has fallen off from time to time if you use it daily, if you lock it, it will get stolen within days, some have removable batteries, which are whats worth most, so some people lock and remove battery, but its best to carry, I usually see them in bike lanes, not sure about the legality, but as you are the fastest one in the lane you need to be extra careful. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Bike paths along th water are great and feel very safe. Live on Instagram answering your questions.

Thanks for the reminder but this machine will be strictly for commuting and luckily no stairs for me. Some of the city roads are absolute shit, so you do find certain streets where the surface is so bad you'll probably want to walk or take sidewalk unless you have top-notch full suspension. I always see them on sidewalks, but isn't that technically is not allowed as you should be in the street? Lyft did not respond to a request for comment.