A post shared by Travis Kelce (@killatrav) on Dec 17, 2018 at 4:34pm PST.

Two years later Travis played a similarly crucial—if more telegenic—role for the Chiefs as they became the first team to roll off three consecutive double-digit playoff comebacks en route to a championship. He was there to stake his substantial reputation on getting his brother back in the fold, and he came armed with a straightforward argument. Things can’t go right unless you’re willing to go all out.
I think they’re highly motivated and they hate to lose. “I mean, they played every sport you could possibly think of. The brothers have suffered only three losing records in a combined 18 seasons (all Jason’s). She has a very unique football jersey for the special day. He slips into a story from their childhood: Ed bought both boys the same Lego set, and where Jason followed the instructions to a T, Travis simply looked at the outside of the box and followed his intuition. “He’s just licking his chops, like, I can’t wait to install these babies.” In the fourth quarter of a close game against the Lions last September, Travis caught a 12-yard pass over the middle and, as he was being tackled, lateraled the ball to running back LeSean McCoy, who scampered for an extra 20. Happy Mother’s Day to you and all the wonderful women in this world!! Check out who deserves mention for team-MVP caliber play, who disappointed, surprises and head scratchers. He understands how a defensive line moves, if the defense rotates this way, in the back end they have to do the opposite. You have to do what you have to do. I don’t know if that’s inbred in them, or they spurred each other on with that,” Donna Kelce told NFL.com. Travis spent the 2010 season administering phone surveys, gauging public support for the Affordable Care Act. He cleared space for 164 yards of rushing offense; he detected and blew up the Belichickian stunts that made up New England’s pass rush. Slotting in alongside future NFL blockers Jeff Likenbach and Trevor Canfield, he helped push the Bearcats to their first three double-digit-win seasons in school history. Jason told Reid what he told the staff at Cincinnati: “No, Coach, I got you.”, The Kelces are quick to defend each other’s skill sets—Jason maintains that Travis, never celebrated for his blocking, could be as effective as the 49ers’ George Kittle if required—but they admit that the Reid school fits their shared football sensibility perfectly. Both brothers brighten when asked about on-field specifics; both glow when asked about each other.

“What makes Belichick a great defensive coach is what makes Reid a great offensive coach,” Jason says. As mentioned earlier on in this post, his brother Jason plays for the Eagles. “You don’t get to interact with teammates, you don’t get to interact with coaches, you don’t have that.”, As kids growing up in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, where Ed sold steel and Donna worked in banking, the Kelce boys were constant raucous companions, both teammates and rivals. LANDOVER, Md. He has caught 40 passes for 501 … The post came after the Eagles defeated the Pats and Jason Kelce became a Super Bowl champion, he and his team beating the best quarterback in the league. Travis, 30, already has the league record for most consecutive 1,000-yard seasons by a tight end, with four; as the too-big-too-fast trump card in the Chiefs’ offensive hand, he’s a safe bet to add more.

“If you’re going across the street and getting in a fight, you’re taking Jason with you.” Travis, the more eye-poppingly athletic of the two, followed his brother to UC two seasons later as a wildcat quarterback and tight end.

© 2020 ABG-SI LLC. Five days after the 2018 Super Bowl, when the championship celebration ended up on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Jason strode to the podium dressed (in a nod to the city’s famed Mummers Parade) as a rhinestone leprechaun, a green and audaciously lapelled suit on his ample torso and a wrap on his head. The tendency holds for Jason and Travis; neither is much interested in reminiscing over his own Super Bowl.

Despite lacking "true NFL size", Kelce was projected a fourth to fifth round pick. The first socially-distant quarterback in NFL history has to get off Zoom and get back to work. (Ed, the Kelces’ father, lives in Philadelphia; the couple divorced in 2011 but remain friendly.) A post shared by Travis Kelce (@killatrav) on May 13, 2018 at 1:03pm PDT. Travis told ABC News that his dad took him to a World Series game when he was only 5. One afternoon, Travis bet Jason that he couldn’t throw a football over their three-story home. “Even as he was on the show,” Travis recalls, “it was just kind of like, Dude, you’re an idiot.” Jason jumps in with a loving concession: “Yeah, it ended up being a lot of fun, though.”. Now, she's one of the first two women to qualify to represent Team USA in the sport in the Olympics. And while Jason’s status as an injured player allowed him access to the Eagles’ facilities—a silver lining to a recent spate of elbow, knee and foot issues—he missed the camaraderie and tempo of normal activities. A guy with so much passion for the people around him, the ultimate leader.” He pauses. He listed the cases against his teammates, and himself. The career is not long, and you have to make the biggest bang that you can in the shortest amount of time. Jason is 10 x's better than Travis. “He was a linebacker, so when he made the transition to offense, he was a step ahead.

Having two sons both playing in the NFL is amazing and “Mama Kelce” supports both of her boys just the same. With the Olympics temporarily on hold, Marks is now balancing being a regular teenager with ...read more. His ability to understand spacing, to have an instinct to know when to cut, when he feels somebody approaching him to make a spin move, to juke to get extra yards—that’s what I think really makes him special, besides the fact that he’s 6' 5" and an athletic freak.” Jason pauses, considering how to temper the string of compliments. “You know what I got to say to all those people that doubted us, to all those people who counted us out, and everybody who said that we couldn’t get it done?” He pointed into the thicket of increasingly giddy Eagles to his side.

In a Zoom call days before training camps get underway, Jason, the Eagles’ 10th-year center (positionally and spiritually), recounts the good fortune he’s had to play most of his NFL life in Andy Reid’s and Doug Pederson’s inventive offenses, which have allowed him, at a relatively light weight, to serve as a roving fulcrum rather than a straight-ahead masher.

4 overall, Travis Kelce was there to sound off for his quarterback. Donna Kelce hasn’t tweeted about tonight’s AFC Championship game, but if the Chiefs are able to come out on top, that might change. His relationship with Maya Benberry only lasted a few months. news His housing revoked, Travis had nowhere to live, so Jason brought him into a place he shared with teammates. But he returned for his junior season in 2011 as a full-time tight end and made the dean’s list that fall—“which was unheard of,” according to Ed. pic.twitter.com/HcXZmxRZrD, — Donna Kelce (@dkelce1) February 6, 2018.

You can check it out below. Without it, I don’t know how football even works,” he says. And both of them are extremely driven, extremely tenacious humans. .

NFL star Travis Kelce and his girlfriend Kayla Nicole have unfollowed each other on Instagram, sparking rumors the pair have called it quits. The other is Andy Reid’s, which favors high experimentation and low 40 times. You can read more about her by clicking below. Ed Kracz. Ed claims both boys’ best sport was baseball. “All I had been doing is playing outside, playing sports my entire life,” Travis Kelce told ABC News in 2017. The Kelces’ parents and former coaches—anyone who has been in a locker room with the brothers—know that version of Jason well, but they also know it rarely appears in public, and they credit his younger brother with loosening Jason up and teaching him the value of a good celebration. . Register today for free or log in to access this premium article.

He was the unequivocal leader.” Travis’s morale-building is founded on a contagious confidence—he celebrates his teammates’ touchdowns more exuberantly than his own, these days—and shot through with affection. “It was always a competition between the two of them, and that still has not gone away,” she says. The Kelce brothers disagree. !” Donna Kelce tweeted. Mama Kelce!!! In the winters, Travis played basketball and Jason hockey. “I just let him do his thing and watch from a distance,” Jason says of Travis’s fondness for the trappings of NFL fame: He has recently partied preshow with Post Malone and celebrated Kansas City quarterback Patrick Mahomes’s record contract extension on a boat in Lake Tahoe.

It was the sort of risky play that coaches tend to reprimand, even when they work out, and Travis worried about Reid’s response.
He can’t justify paying $600 for a skybox seat when he can watch it on TV,” ABC News reported. Jason: cutthroat, spotlight-averse, selfless in the extreme.

Travis Kelce isn’t the only star footballer in the Kelce family.

The Eagles' Super Bowl parade brought out another side of Jason. In ’12, Travis broke out, catching 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns; the following spring, the Chiefs drafted him in the third round.

The post was retweeted more than 3,800 times and received more than 16,000 likes. Travis Kelce and the Kansas City Chiefs are set to take on the New England Patriots this evening in the AFC Championship game. “You’re talking about a man who had earned the right to give his word and have his word listened to.”, “I never really asked him how he got me back on the team,” Travis says. “Not by these rah-rah speeches and not by getting in somebody’s face but just by being a genuinely happy, emotional guy.”, The cross-pollination of leadership styles has resulted in, among other things, the Speech. “You have to know how to create within space, especially when you’re working by yourself. – Center Jason Kelce faced the music right after an embarrassing outing against the Washington Football Team in the season opener.

Their bond has made them better players—and when they influence each other, good things happen. “I picked up that hobby all over again.” Travis acknowledges, with arch seriousness, that the lack of in-person refereeing means the particulars of distance and elbow placement are beholden to an honor code. “I fully anticipated him being fine.” He sees Travis’s success not as evidence of his own mentorship but as a simple byproduct of talent—a reading that fits a general preference to talk football, not the other stuff. Then the moment got quieter, the first blast of celebration giving way to the settling realization of what Jason had accomplished, and Travis said something else: “I hope my brother stays this happy for the rest of his life.”, Read more of SI's Daily Covers stories here, At age 18, Caroline Marks is already one of the most accomplished surfers in the world.