"[2] He had nine straight knockout wins prior to his knockout loss in the hands of the 230-pound West German Horst Koschemann.[3].

This frustrated Stallone, who asked Shavers, "C'mon Earnie, show me something real." Shavers published a video of highlights of his career in 1992 titled Earnie D. Shavers, The hardest one-punch hitter, and later an autobiography. I think I won eighteen amateur fights. Materiale finale distribuito all'interno della società, Materiale distribuito all'esterno della società, Materiale distribuito al pubblico (ad esempio, materiale pubblicitario o di marketing). When I fought Ali and Holmes, it didnʼt work though. I did a lot of roadwork training to go the distance.

SM: Your thoughts on the second Holmes fight.

Einbetten eines Bildes oder eines Diavortrags, Dateien für das Erstellen eines Diavortrags hinzufügen. SM: Tell me about a sparring session you had with Sylvester Stallone?

His fighting stance produced a short and powerful image. [9] However, according to Rhonda Young, the film's casting director, the reason why he was eventually not chosen for the part is that his voice was too high-pitched and not menacing enough (Joe Frazier was also considered but, reportedly, couldn't even read the character's lines without stuttering). nicht exklusives Material. (laughing).

ES: I trained for a fifteen round fight. Shavers retired in 1995 with a record of 74-14-1. I knocked him out in the tenth. In 1982 he fought Joe Bugner, also on the comeback trail.

*, {{ t('save_amount', { amount_saved: formatPrice(pack.amountYouSave) }) }}, {{ t('pack_count_lowercase', { total: pack.packCount }) }}, {{t('compared_with_single_price', {price: formatPrice(selectedSize.price) }) }}. I would have knocked him out.

Wenden Sie sich bitte an Ihr Unternehmen, um dieses Bild zu lizenzieren.

He is often regarded as one of the hardest punchers in boxing history. Shavers started boxing at the fairly late age of 22. This included 27 consecutive knockouts, of which 20 were in the first round. ES: Just to remember that I gave it all and that I came very close to winning the title. I was the AAU Heavyweight Champion in 1969. Das folgenden Dateien enthalten nicht freigegebenes bzw. John Ford. Baton Rouge, LA, is where Cynthia Shavers lives today. I was just trying too hard to knock him out. lists,

Holmes and I had sparred previously and he knew me too well, he knew all my moves. What a great fighter he was. He holds a 91.8% knockout-to-win ratio, and a 76.4% overall knockout ratio. Known as the "Black Destroyer", Shavers won 44 of his first 47 fights by knockout; mostly against unremarkable opposition. Shavers then had a thunderous match with hard hitting Ron Lyle but was stopped after 6 brutal rounds.

Chiunque nella tua organizzazione può usarla un numero illimitato di volte fino a 15 anni, in tutto il mondo, con indennizzo illimitato. Earnie also gave a speech 26 February 2008 at The Streetly School in Walsall, which was based upon helping kids make the right decisions in life. Shavers retired in 1983 after retinal problems were discovered. Download aggiuntivi saranno soggetti ai termini relativi ai download in eccesso indicati nel contratto. {{selectedSize.discountPrice || selectedSize.price}}, {{ assetSizeLabel(selectedSize)}} {{formatPrice(selectedSize.discountPrice || selectedSize.price)}}, {{::t('download_workflow.download_will_be_saved_to_dropbox')}}. In the past, Cynthia has also been known as Cynthia M Shave, Cynthia Monique Hawkins, Cynthia Co Edward, Cynthia C Edward and Cynthia M Shavers.

He told me that he did his own stunts so put the gloves on. Brenner also thought that Shavers deserved the nod against Ali. SM: What happened in the Jerry Quarry and Ron Lyle fights, both losses?

When I walked in the gym the trainer looked and me and said "Oh boy, we gotta heavyweight here.

I begged for a whole week until she said yes. When you tense up like that you burn yourself out.

{{selectedSize.discountPrice || selectedSize.price}}, {{ assetSizeLabel(selectedSize)}} {{formatPrice(selectedSize.discountPrice || selectedSize.price)}}, {{::t('download_workflow.download_will_be_saved_to_dropbox')}}. Sie können Inhalte von der Getty Images Website nach dem Herunterladen gerne 30 Tage lang kostenlos zu Testzwecken oder als Muster (Montage oder Layout) verwenden. [1], Tony Mange, National Golden Gloves director, said of him in March 1969, "I saw Shaver last year in Salt Lake City. film,

He worked at General Motors in Lordstown, Ohio in the late 1960s. Learn how and when to remove this template message, Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International, "Junior's close Shave with ring legend Ernie". Shavers, dubbed "The Acorn" by Muhammad Ali, had an incredible sixty eight KO's in seventy four wins during his career. Mit dem EasyAccess-Konto (EZA) können Mitarbeiter Ihres Unternehmens Inhalte für die folgenden Zwecke herunterladen: Dadurch wird die Standardlizenz für Layouts für Bilder und Videos auf der Getty Images-Website außer Kraft gesetzt. Shavers was married to Laverne Payne. community Il tuo Sales Executive Getty Images ti proporrà quindi un rinnovo. Schützen Sie Ihre kreative Arbeit – wir entfernen dieses Bild von unserer Webseite, solange Sie es brauchen. We wouldn't have been afraid of him. To win the fight Ali had to survive the last three rounds.

Frazier told me I had too much firepower. Shawn Murphy: Earnie, you got a late start in boxing didn't you? Earnie Dee Shaver (born August 31, 1944), best known as Earnie Shavers, is an American former professional boxer who competed from 1969 to 1983, with two further comebacks in 1987 and 1995. Click here to request Getty Images Premium Access through IBM Creative Design Services. I still have my ministering and will probably do some autograph appearances because without the fans there is no me. In the second round, Shavers hurt Ali badly with an overhand right. In the 14th, he battered Ali about the ring. Shavers, whose stamina was suspect before the fight, came alive in the 13th round. ES: In the Quarry fight, I was having bad management problems at the time and problems with Don King. He holds a 91.8% knockout-to-win ratio, and a 76.4% overall knockout ratio.

Le bacheche sono il luogo migliore in cui salvare immagini e video. Mit UltraPacks, die ihre Gültigkeit nie verlieren, können Sie lizenzfreie Bilder, Videos und Editorial-Inhalte nach Lust und Laune kombinieren. A two-time world heavyweight championship challenger, Shavers is known for being one of the hardest punchers in boxing history. Help us build our profile of Earnie Shavers! Shavers knocked Holmes down in round seven but was himself knocked out in round eleven after taking punishment. Bitte kontaktieren Sie Ihr, 3000 x 2044 px (25,40 x 17,31 cm) - 300 dpi - 1 MB.

Former heavyweight boxer Earnie Shavers and his wife Rita attend the third annual Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame induction gala at Caesars Palace on August 8, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Dieses Video gehört zu unserem Analog-Archiv und ist daher nicht auf unserer Webseite gespeichert.

I was tired in the last round but he never hurt me at all. Ali later said Shavers was the hardest puncher he ever faced, stating "Earnie hit me so hard, it shook my kinfolk back in Africa" although Ali had previously used this quip in reference to other hard-hitting opponents.[7]. B. zu Werbe- oder Marketingzwecken). Stallone said "Earnie, they tell me you can punch and I want this to be realistic". Duane Ford of Nevada State Athletic Commission, on the Sugar Ray Leonard's retirement.

Ali nicknamed Shavers "The Acorn" because of his shaved bald head, unlike early appearances. He scored a seventh-round knockdown against Holmes, and badly hurt Ali in the second round.

A two-time world heavyweight championship challenger, Shavers is known for being one of the hardest punchers in boxing history. I never really got hurt and I'm still in great shape compared to a lot of fighters out there. L'account EZA non costituisce licenza. ES: I fought about two or three years. After he bugged me long enough, I agreed.

If Holmes and I fought twenty-five times, he would probably win twenty-five of them.

stampa, trasmissioni commerciali, film, digitale). Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York, U.S. Moonlight Gardens Ballroom, Canton, Ohio, U.S. Fitch High School Gym, Austintown, Ohio, U.S.

He is often regarded as one of the hardest punchers in boxing history. Sie erhalten die Inhalte in der größten verfügbaren Größe. Earnie speaks to pupils at Barr Beacon Language College in Walsall. Holmes was the most underrated fighter of his era.

Many thought he should have retired after his upset loss to lower contender Bernardo Mercado. Shavers was a heavy-handed puncher who stalked his opponents, setting them up for his thunderous right, which was responsible for many of his knockouts. LAS VEGAS, NV - AUGUST 08: Former heavyweight boxer Earnie Shavers and his wife Rita attend the third annual Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame induction gala at Caesars Palace on August 8, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Boxing Interviews. Lizenzfreie Bilder von Getty Images beinhalten: Zu den häufigsten Verwendungszwecken zählen: Zeitungen und Zeitschriften (außer Titelblättern), redaktionelle Sendungen, Dokumentationen, nichtkommerzielle Webseiten, Blogs und Social-Media-Beiträge zu Themen von öffentlichem Interesse.