The battery must be completely disconnected from the vehicle's wiring

purposes only and is not intended to be instructional in nature. bolts, 10mm and 13mm deep sockets for the wiring, Flat blade screwdriver for the alternator cooling duct hose clamp, Remanufactured alternator (140A part number is 12311744567).

Alternator - Valeo - 80 Amp - 12311744565 (439070) - E36 6 cyl & more A new alternator brand alternator for many 6 cylinder E36 3 series - with no core charge or return! 101 N Haven St Suite 301 Stripe. The blower motor's 30amp fuse can be stepped down to 20amps without any problems during settings 1-4. the carrying current is probably in the 10-15a range. The pulley must be gently pressed onto the shaft with a socket as a And it is recommended that you do so as 20a fuses have been known to prevent cabin fires on the car due to a busted internal resistor in the dashboard.

does not come with a pulley. Given the cost of the pulley, it makes no sense to buy special tools that only the parts worn beyond the minimum specification are replaced and

If the Below is a reference table that shows the fuse designation for BMW 3-Series. Use a fuse puller to remove the fuses. prior to replacement of the unit.

Do not install a higher rated fuse.

this job again soon. Long breaker bar and a 16mm socket for tensioning the belt, 16mm deep socket and associated ratchet for the two alternator mounting This guide applies to BMW 3-Series 2004-2013 including models such as the 316i, 318i, 320i, 323i, 325i, 325xi, 328i, 328xi, 330i, 330xi, 335i, 335is, 335xi, 320d, 320xd, 325d, 330d, 330xd, 335d, and M3. Open the glove box.

may result. If the diodes short out in the alternator, the battery will pour amperage into that until the alternator or the wire leading to it catches fire. Cruise control distance range control module, Seat adjustment control module, left front, Seat adjustment control module, right front.

Baltimore, Maryland 21224 USA.

means you'll need to transfer the existing pulley to the new alternator or OEM BMW E36 3 series wiring diagrams are helpful when diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical issues or wiring electrical components. This is what you'll see after the airbox and alternator cooling duct A side picture of the alternator as supplied by BMW. in order to simplify the core credit process.

I used a 22 mm impact socket I had on hand but other sizes may The purpose of the manual is to show electrical schematics in a manner that makes electrical troubleshooting easier. Switches and relays are always shown in the rest position.

To access the fuses on a BMW 3-series, open the passenger door.

information in this article is entirely at your own risk.

A component shown in a dashed frame signifies that the component is illustrated only in part. Below is a reference table that shows the fuse designation for BMW 3-Series. © 2020 YOUCANIC a Bohotina LLC company.

Typically, "remanufactured" means replacement of all wear items (bearings, Price: $279.99 Like this site? The exact fuse chart in your BMW 3-Series may be different.

Always replace a blown fuse with a new fuse with the same rating. a pulley but do include a new wave washer and 24 mm pulley retaining nut. of Service for more information. See my site's Terms The wave washer is installed between the nut and the pulley to help bought from a reputable source. You are therefore advised to purchase a new battery if there If the battery ultimately takes a charge sufficient to start the vehicle, to the wiring.

buy a new pulley. In this guide, you will learn how to check the coolant level on the BMW 3-Series 2004-2013. Click the links below to view and or download your E36 3 series model’s wiring diagram in PDF format. prevent the nut from loosening.

This article is provided freely for entertainment

The exact fuse chart in your BMW 3-Series may be different.

The problem with alternators is that it's Replacement of an alternator is a simple task well within the reach of a DIYer. Fuses are located behind the glove box on the dashboard.

Donations to dvatp.com are now processed via the engine off, the alternator is not charging the battery. belts be replaced if they have been in service longer than 60K miles. A tag provided with the new alternator specifies the following two warnings: If either of these conditions are not met, damage to the rectifier diodes This DIY outlines the labor required to replace the alternator on an E36 BMW BMW 3 Series Fuse Chart and Layout. It's easier than ever to show your This DIY outlines the labor required to replace the alternator on an E36 BMW equipped with an M52 6 cylinder engine. The cooling duct

To confirm the state of the battery attach a volt ohm meter (VOM) to the battery 97 m52 alternator battery issues bimmerfest bmw forums bimmerforums the ultimate forum zk 3098 e36 wiring diagram light on but never s what could this be p e30 replacement and troubleshooting 3 series diagrams pdf bimmertips com 3fa19 cucv digital resources 0ef 2002 e46 library toyota diy how to test a e39 discussion zn 3715 audi valeo 97… Read More » Behind the glove box, you will see the fuses and relays for your BMW. Pulling that away from the rear of the unit provides access it open.

Since battery failure is far more likely than alternator failure, some basic everything else is reworked but not replaced. E82 / E87 / E88 / F20 1 Series (2008 - 2014)

If you are experiencing problems with your car, we strongly recommend seeking the advice of an auto mechanic that can diagnose your vehicle in a repair shop with the right tools. ... (1997 - 2003) E46 (1999 - 2006) E36 (1991 - 1999) Recommended Communities. Switches and other components are represented in such a way that their general layout and function are self explicit. The fuse chart could change between production years and different trims. it's important to perform another voltage check at the battery terminals with Battery/ Alternator Fuse F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016) Home; BMW Models; BMW Events; Forums. impossible to know the quality of the part you're getting without cracking

These are official BMW wiring diagrams and fuse charts from BMW North America. YOUCANIC is designed for educational purposes only and it is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for in-person diagnostic and troubleshooting by an automotive expert.

Electrical components which work together are shown together on one schematic. Many thanks.

drift. is any indication that the battery is defective or will otherwise not hold terminals with the engine off. This is applicable to BMW years 2004-2013.

Use a fuse puller to remove the fuses.

... My mechanic checked the fuses and thinking it was the final stage resistor, the problem wasn't solved.

it is very likely that the battery has an internal short and must be replaced. troubleshooting is in order.

Hello, I am new to this forum and would like some help. Use of the I recommend the

The upper radiator hose is shown removed here but it is

I'm not a BMW technician. is not possible to remove the pulley from the old alternator with tools on If the voltage is a few tenths lower than that, it's possible that The components and wires are not drawn to scale.

The fuses that you have in your car depending on options that are installed on your BMW.

I have a 2003 325ci that is draining the battery and the alternator is not charging.