Tune your drums with your phone! While the process of manipulating the app to correctly recognize different strokes can be a bit squirrelly (it has trouble differentiating between various vibrations and can emit only one tone at a time), bear in mind that the makers are fearlessly charting a course into unknown waters that can only benefit the drumming community.

Drum Guru You can choose from various drum kits, create, save and edit your drum patterns and record it as audio files. You will see animations of the beats, the notes on the staff and the parts of the Drum Set. by Igor Vasiliev Of course, you don’t actually have to use the Pulse, the app works perfectly without the device.

Drum Tuner | Drumtune PRO > Drum tuning made easy!

This app shows you how to play in a band with your friends. Standard lesson apps that are decent are Drum School, Teach Yourself Drums, and Rhythm Sight Reading Trainer. Those who have less experience with reading music notation will have no problems adapting to using Drum School. No problem, just go online and watch videos. I have an Alesis DM Dock module and I know the Alesis DM touch app is not longer available, and it seems that I can’t find any alternative, can you guys help me to find something similar, Thanks in advance. The Basic Drum Key below is a quick-reference for the most commonly used notations. save hide report. In that time, I haven’t found any app that is more reliable than TouchOSC. The app is not forgiving on hard mode. I’ve been obsessed with drums and percussion (especially all the gear) since day one of playing. Mike created this resource not only for his students but for himself. In that time, we decided to add a playback system to help reinforce the music we play live. Just as a piano player becomes better if he practices reading piano sheet music, a drummer becomes better if he practices reading drum sheet music.

This is a most excellent addition to any percussion curriculum.

by Peter Erskine Overall, it’s still a valuable rhythmic reading tool for any instrument. Patterning Drum Phrase Training can be shaped easily drum's phrase. Whether it’s Electric Counterpoint or Music For 18 Musicians, I can’t get enough of it. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Maximize your sound.

All apps are intended for intermediate to advanced drummers, with plenty of challenging material densely packed into each one. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. The app is just $9 and features tons of genres like rock, jazz, swing, bluegrass, heavy metal, blues, and more. Anytune Pro is another app designed perfectly for both the teacher and student. With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app. It's very good for real-time measurement, the use of this software is very professional. DrumKnee3D is a perfect app for children who may be interested in playing the drums — for those who are, parents, don’t miss my roundup of the best drum sets for kids.

This device converts the MIDI out signal to something your iPad will understand. Simply pick a song, open up the chart, and play along to the actual recording of the tune embedded in each chart. Simply upload charts by either taking a photo or using a scanner (also check out Genius Scan for optimum mobile scanning), label the chart, and from there, you can draw right on the file, highlight passages, add text, link an mp3 for reference, and most importantly, create set lists with your charts in any order you need.