Though each book stands on its own, you could view Lion as the core game rules while Dragon is the fantasy expansion. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy. I also introduced the random play order and the roll to keep the initiative and the player order from turn to turn. (Lion had 2 light-hearted fantasy army lists among all the historical ones and from those lists the idea for Dragon was born.) Right off the bat, I can tell my readers that this is a game that would be best enjoyed as an engagement between two armies. I've been working on some terrain these last couple of days, in between family stuff and playing Company Of Heroes with my son (a totall... Find new ways to explore the fantasy world with your party of adventurers in these D&D board games. [caption id="attachment_7538" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Jeremy of Forbes Hobbies painted my Blood and Plunder Sloop for me.

Must Contain Minis is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to, Must Contain Minis participates in a sales affiliate relationship with. Our goal is to both entertain you and inform you about more than one system of gaming. Articles about upcoming products and recent releases. Flesh Hounds of Khorne, Bloodletters, and a few WIP. The Gaming table from my side of the table. Best with two, but can work well with up to 4. This was a steal of a deal for a great looking piece of terrain. Black Scrolls Games is another company that makes Paper Terrain Models and STL Files for 3D Printers. My Light Wolf Riders were unable to stand up against the power of the Elven Elite Riders. I mean, just take a look at that ship! completed th... Ok so here are some shots from some Mighty Armies games recently played in Unfortunately, this is where this game timed out. Feel free to download from this Dropbox. In fact, two of my favourite games are by Osprey Games (Frostgrave and Bolt Action).

I've always been keen on solo gaming, probably dating back to reading Donald Featherstone's ideas in his solo wargaming book back in the late 70s/early 80s. The Riders weren’t dead yet, but they were mighty close. Late to the Party - Dragon Rampant Thoughts So the apparent drought of new material on the blog breaks with a bumper post about Dragon Rampant.

The b-17 is coming along and I have His work is fantastic and I have been very happy with the pieces he painted up for me. Canister & Grape - A Website for Wargamers, Classic Wargames Book Collection reaches 100 titles, Haitian Revolution - French Colonial Dragoons, A fond farewell to the cock-pit of King County, Book Review: TankCraft Series Latest Releases - Tiger I and Tiger II, Jagdpanzer IV, Panzer III and Panther, Few More Posts And Projects Section On New Wix Website, Burgundian Conductuer's Pavilion - completed, Gladiator Ogre and Jack o' Lantern Familiar, X Painting Challenge - Exploring Unchartered Territory, Battle Ravens in Tabletop Gaming's Best Games of 2019. It could be as simple…. For them, this would be a take and hold game. Quite the feeling huh, actually finishing* an army. These speedy cavalry units capture the civilians with ease.