As a governor of these two schools and member of the Academic Committee, I have gained further insight into the principles and legal requirements of effective governance. Simon impressed the Governors during the interview process by presenting a thoughtful Five Year Vision for the College, building upon the excellent work of Gareth Doodes and complementing the ethos and important community aspects of the School. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Related Videos.

Our GCSE and Sixth Form provision has recently been totally overhauled, and we are proud of our three new pathways – the GCSE+, A Level+ and the BTEC driven Careers Programme. A message from the Headmaster on the day our boarders in the … In 2009, Dover College opened a pre-reception class to welcome three-year-old children. In Memory of OD’s Who Lost Their Live in Times of Conflict, OD’s who lost Their Lives From 1871 – 1914, OD’s Who Lost Their Lives During The Great War, OD’s Who Lost Their Lives from 1918 – 1939, OD’s Who Lost Their Lives During The Second World War, Memories Of Dover College During The Second World War, Old Dovorian Golf Society News & Match Reports, Dover College War Memorial & Endowment Fund. Children can enjoy the freedom to explore and discover their environment reinforced through our Forest School curriculum - outdoor suits and wellington boots are essential at Muddy Knees Nursery with adventures commonplace come rain or shine! He joined Worth from Wycliffe College, where he worked for nine years as Head of Department, Deputy Housemaster and for four years a member of the senior leadership team. He has significant experience of co-educational schooling and leadership.

Gareth Doodes, Headmaster at Dover College, is the winner of The Telegraph’s A Level Results Day Live 2015 photo challenge in the ‘jumping head teacher’ category. I believe that strong relationships with parents and the wider community are key to ensuring that children make the most progress through their time at school. It is all about thinking differently. August 5, 2020

Education is not about the filling of buckets. Simon will join Dover College from Worth School in West Sussex where he has been Deputy Head (Academic) since 2015.

The official Facebook account for Dover College - encouraging independent minds to think differently since 1871. I moved to Worth School in West Sussex in 2011, where I was subsequently promoted from Assistant Head to Deputy Head (Academic). No great invention was created through accepting the status quo. # pupilleadership # leaderleaderculture # prefects # roundsquare For information on examination performance, please contact the Headmaster’s PA on skinnerj@dovercollege.org.uk The Governors of Dover College are delighted to announce the appointment of Mr Simon Fisher as Headmaster from September 2020.

I am passionate about the role which education – in the very broadest sense – has to play in transforming the lives of young people. In OD Club News Updates During this time Simon has been pivotal in driving key areas of change, improving academic performance through the creation of effective data-driven systems, creating aspiration for pupils and changing the culture of staff and students, with excellent outcomes. Simon will join Dover College from Worth School in West Sussex where he has been Deputy Head (Academic) since 2015. In September, the Old Dovorian Club and College will be welcoming Mr Simon Fisher, as the fifteenth Headmaster of Dover College, since the College was founded back in 1871, together with his young family to the Dover College.