I have edited my article to BOLD the sentence that warns against using this is open sore or punctured eardrums. I use the ear cleaner once a week. When to take a dog with an ear infection to the vet – head shaking, Step 1: Examine a swab of the infection under the microscope to decide if it’s a yeast infection or bacteria (or very, very rarely, ear mites), Step 2: If a bacterial ear infection is suspected, send a sample to the lab for culture, Step 4: Instill a small amount of prescription ear ointment or drops. Note: Betadine stains, so I made sure to do it in an appropriate location.

He said inflammation was gone but the one ear still had a lot of debris. Turn off the flame and let the green tea dipped in the water until the boiling water turns lukewarm. They were not lethargic or not want food.

I tried this solution a year ago and it was horrible. My dog has had itchy smelly ears for months- I have tried numerous remedies with very little to show for it.

When my lab, Cooper, got another one of his ear infections, I used Zymox. If not allergies then ha ve you considered using an ear cleaner? Hi I want to try the home remedy on my dog, but I'm not clear on how many drops I should put in the ear. For more information about Banixx and its efficacy in treating dog ear infections, check this out. Most dog owners report that Banixx provides immediate topical relief and helps to get rid of the infection within a couple of days.

After doing research about treating ear infections in dogs, I realized that I should have been preventing them from occurring in the first place with weekly cleanings. Went back to vet for a recheck and was told that one ear looked good and the other was still inflamed and he had me look through the scope to see it. It's really hard on a fixed income. I shook the bottle well. Leslie (author) from State College Pa on September 29, 2016: Black funky stuff is a yeast infection. Guilford & Main, Carmel: (317) 207-4044

Leslie (author) from State College Pa on December 02, 2016: Travis.. skipping a day or two probably didn't help. Leslie (author) from State College Pa on December 13, 2016: You are welcome! we been to the vet several times and nothing has worked. I cannot buy this product locally and must order it over the internet. I was pretty lucky with my previous dogs because they never had any issues with their ears. I hope I didn't make things worse :/. Vet said he would give me a stronger drop. I'd hate to have the dog wait and be in a lot of discomfort. Try 5 tablespoons of table salt to a cup of luke warm water. Try doing a search. Look, I’m all about saving money too, but one short office visit with a real veterinarian will save you way more money, and get your poor dog some relief WAY faster – than will ordering multiple tubes of medicine from the internet that may be treating the wrong problem. I have a difficult time holding my dog as both my husband and myself hold her and she gets the medicine all over and close to getting it in her eyes. You can try any of the suggestions above for that. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!! I have used the antibiotic drops provided by the vet every 2nd day and the ear cleanser once a week and it has never really cleared up...even after the ear flush!

Just so you know, Zymox can be bought at any Hollywood Feed. But some people have limited income. Leslie (author) from State College Pa on February 21, 2017: Camille. Crush or chop the garlic before use. To prepare green tea, boil 8 ounces of water and add 2 bags of green tea in it. It may not be as effective with them being cleaner. You don't want her in pain, My bf put too much peroxide in my chuiuhi's ear on accident.

He did not give any further instructions. If you’re short of funds, call your vet and explain the situation. Using only this solution, Cooper's ear was almost back to its normal pink color within three days! I have not left my 3 yr old Rotwiler in 3 days. WebMD, "Ear Infections in Dogs: Symptoms and Treatment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here are several signs that may indicate that your dog has an ear infection. So I am looking for something natural that doesn't have any side effects like possible blindness. I think my dog has an inner ear infection but i can’t afford a vet visit right now. I do hope I have not been a nuisance in asking you for your advice in this matter. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it.

IT BURNS! [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!! Never used the cider vinegar just the methods I described here. where to find ? [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])-[]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!! Leslie (author) from State College Pa on January 12, 2017: Travis. If you warm the mixture( like putting the container in warm water kind of like warming a baby bottle) , the dog may not object as much. The zymox otic comes in a few different ways the hydro cortisone for irritation is either .5 or 1 percent. I'm not actually sure if it is yeast or not. When I saw Marvin and Cooper excessively scratching their heads and discovered that there was odor and black wax in their ear canal, I realized I couldn't get them to the vet. Let your dog flap her ears, sop up whatever is left the best you can with one last cotton ball. You didn't make it worse but the product works best if the ear has not been cleaned. Crossing my fingers that it helps him. (7.5 mL) of boric acid powder. It will soothe the ear infection, swelling, and pain. Thank you for replying. Just bring your dog to the vet. These natural remedies are more reliable, safe, and effective.

I believe some vets carry this product now, but it would be much cheaper to get this product elsewhere. Did you use an ear cleaner after you were done with the solution to wash out any remaining debris that might be left behind? To use the oil of oregano to treat an infected dog ear, take half an ounce of aloe Vera juice and warm it. Gentizol works great for infection and TrizUltra works to keep the ear dry and clean. I have just come across your site and live in Brisbane, Australia and wondered if i could ask you a question my mother who is 88 has a13 yr old cav king charles and was given dermotic for mites so she was told being on a budget she wants me to obtain some from  the internet  from your comments it would appear he may have yeast infection would you be able to tell me what  would be the best medication to use and something that I would be able to buy off the internet making life a little cheaper. Hot Spots on Dogs: 10 Things You MUST Know. A bottle with an applicator at the end (these can be found in beauty supply stores). Do not clean the dogs ear prior to using it.

You put enough solution to fill the canal. Leslie (author) from State College Pa on January 27, 2019: Judy, This same company makes a topical cream for skin infections.