Blog, A Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?Romans 2:6-8 - Who will render to every man according to his deeds:   (Read More...)Luke 16:13 - No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. 15:4). We live in a dishonest, corrupt world. 1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. That’s why we must be people of integrity in all our financial dealings.

‣ 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. Galatians 6:9 Let us not lose heart in doing good.

‣ 23. This guy was buying a six-pack of beer and $5 worth of lottery tickets. In everything you do, do it all for God’s glory. And the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. That’s why I’m against naming buildings or rooms in honor of a donor. And sometimes, like Peter who saw John coming and wondered what John’s position would be with Jesus ( John 21:20-22 ). Why Don't Christians Expose Evil Anymore? God is a holy God and demands perfection. As Ken Costa writes, ‘We only grow in wisdom if we learn from our mistakes. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. In each case it not only costs the money, but it’s inconvenient and time-consuming to have to go back and make it right. What Does The Bible Say About Fake Christians? Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. Bible Verses About Hope, Bible Verses About Divorce Last night I was in your audience and heard your sermon. But the spiritual nature produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. On more than one occasion I’ve been urged to falsify loan information on real estate deals, being assured, “Everyone does it.” Since we live in that kind of world, our financial integrity as Christians will stand out and give us opportunities to testify to the transforming power of the gospel. ‣ 6:4). What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality?

Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Check it out and let us know what you think! May the sword strike his arm and his right eye! If anyone would harm them, this is how he is doomed to be killed. But whenever material gain becomes uppermost in our minds, Jesus Christ has been dethroned. 15 Scriptures For Get Well Soon Cards, What Does The Bible Say About Fake Christians? He had the church appoint several respected men to travel with him and help administer the funds so that no one could accuse him of impropriety. For example, you are selling a used car. God has promised that he would never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5-6). 15 Scriptures To Help With Hopelessness Romans 7:21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. Put others before yourself. ... No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. 15 Scriptures For Get Well Soon Cards, What Does The Bible Say About Haters? Is Smoking Marijuana Sinful? God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. ‣ The Bible does not directly say much about gambling. Integrity in money matters has to do with being honest and upright when no one is looking. 10 Ways You Need to Detoxify Your Soul Right Now, 7 Powerful Psalms That Teach Us about Love, New Podcast! No matter what my words—God heard;He listened patiently. Cite this page: Editor: Stephen Smith. Think what I could do with all that money!” Your thoughts are seldom, “Think of all the missionaries I could support.” But Jesus said, “Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions” (Luke 12:15). 63 Bible Verses about Doing The Right Thing When Nobody Is Watching James 4:17 ESV / 6 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. And the dead in Christ will rise first. By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you. We will have new desires and affections for Christ. You cannot wait until the situation arises to decide whether or not you’ll be honest. 1 Corinthians 13:4-6 Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. More than half of all Protestants and nearly half of those who said religion is very important to them reported having gambled at least once in the last year (Christianity Today [7/14/89], p. 54). We are doing what is good. We all genuinely struggle with sin, but God is faithful to forgive us. What Does The Bible Say About Mental Health? Bible Verses About Marriage U For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Stop punishing yourself for something that is in the past. What Does The Bible Say About Trusting God? My associate pastor in California was standing in line at the 7-11 convenience store behind a man who had recently started attending our church. Verse 15: In view of having a hope in God and in view of the fact of the resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked! There are no laws against things like that. Otherwise you’re giving the Lord’s money to the government.

It also flows out of the quality of contentment regarding material things. This was the first registration when Quirinius was governor of Syria. Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme. It’s a problem for missionaries who live in countries where bribes to government official are expected. The enemy tries to remind us about them. For this to happen, he prays that they will continue to do the right things: ‘We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command’ (v.4). James 2:8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed.

15:5; Dan. 20 Reasons To Obey The Lord It means acting according to biblical principles, even if you think you’ll never get caught, because you know that God is watching and you want to please Him. Overcoming Fear And Serving God Out Of Love, 20 Reasons Why God Is Allowing Trials In Your Life. ‣ For you were called to freedom, brothers. An evangelist preached with great zeal on the text, “Thou shalt not steal.” He pressed upon his audience the necessity of absolute integrity in all things.

They highlight a series of wonderful promises about this ‘new covenant’, which pointed forward to Jesus: The new covenant between God and humans that Jeremiah spoke about enables us to be in right relationship with God. 20 Reasons To Obey The Lord Is Smoking Marijuana Sinful? To gamble is to deify luck and chance above the sovereign God and thus fall into idolatry. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And they took as their wives any they chose.

Bible Verses About Trust And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Bible Verses About Heaven. 10. For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. Sometimes it’s hard to do the right thing when everyone is not complying.

W ... You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. What do we do when we get weary? 20 Reasons Why God Is Allowing Trials In Your Life What Does The Bible Say About Mental Health? James 2:8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right. Bible Verses About Love Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! What Does The Bible Say About Fake Christians? And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. It’s not enough to do the right thing occasionally or when we feel like it. 15 Scriptures To Help With Hopelessness The second lawyer’s check was for $15,000.

John 16:7-8 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 22. James 4:17 - Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.Romans 12:21 - Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.Isaiah 1:17 - Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.Matthew 5:10-12 - Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 15 Scriptures For Get Well Soon Cards, Is Smoking Marijuana Sinful? H Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! 20 Reasons To Obey The Lord Are you confident in your salvation? “Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God. Thank you that I can know you. 4. He urges, ‘never tire of doing what is right' (v.13). 5 Prayers for Children Who Don't Want a Relationship with God, How to Find Hope in the Midst of Chronic Pain and Suffering, 10 Prayers for Hope When You're Tired of the Struggle, A Prayer for a Thankful Heart - Your Daily Prayer - November 1, This site is a proud member of the Salem Web Network, a subsidiary of, Copyright © 2020, Crosswalk.com. 23:8; Ps. When I worked as a room service waiter, the other waiters told me not to report all my tips or it would tip off the IRS that all the other waiters were cheating! So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. The Bible is clear that we should render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s. When we think we can’t keep going? You’ll be tempted to think, “The Lord has provided this extra money for me!” But total honesty involves telling the truth, even when it costs you. God calls us to do the right thing even when it’s not easy Doing the right thing does not necessarily lead to an easy life.

Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, “Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.

Besides, I work hard and they don’t pay me what I’m worth.” Or when we shop, if the checker fails to ring up an item, we excuse it by thinking, “I shop here a lot and give them a lot of business. 17:8; 18:16; 21:14), but in the same context condemns it as evil (Prov. What is the difference between gambling and playing the stock market (if any). Who is wise and understanding among you? But God wants His people marked by financial integrity.

Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do what is good. 1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God. One way the modern church violates this principle (in my estimation) is by giving special honor or power to those who are large donors (see James 2:1-4). John 16:7-8 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. In one of the greatest prophecies of the Old Testament, Jeremiah foresees the new covenant (31:31). 12. Copyright 1993, Steven J. Cole, All Rights Reserved. Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth. God wants us to be people of integrity in our financial dealings.