Even enlisted are required to get a degree now. I love how they're surprised that a for profit school is "soaking up veteran GI Bill funding and still leaving them with debt.". This might be just the motivation they need to actually attend university or finish off that degree that they have been putting off. The law actively pursues such activities and shuts down many such websites and offices each year - but there just are not enough law enforcement personnel to totally close them down. I used to work at a place that was actually encouraging the call center employees to go to the diploma mill next door.

Close. 10 Ways to Spot the Fake Historically there has been much confusion in California between a “state approved” school and an, Overall, diploma mills, fake colleges and other bogus institutions claiming to operate in the United States totaled 810, per Verifile in a. Posted by. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. they were actually offering degrees for jobs that don't need degrees like medical billing and security guard. People are idiots and think acting "like a business" is a good thing. These fake diploma mills violate sections: 15 U.S.C. I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by this anywhere in the world of education at this point. As a general rule, if a school advertises itself or contacts you a bunch trying to get you to enroll, it's probably a ripoff. If someone had the drive/motivation to take classes for a position that doesn't really need a degree, I'd hire/heavily consider them. GetEducated.com tracks more than 300 fake online colleges – also known as diploma mills. When the price online college degree is high it does not necessarily mean that it is high quality. Our mission: GetEducated.com My SO works as security guard and only needs to be awake most of the time. PO Box 458 New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the lostgeneration community. While most universities do hold on to student records for a few years, if it has been more than five years since your graduated, they might not be willing to print up a new copy of your diploma, simply because you have misplaced it or it has been ruined. Death of a Diploma Mill: University of … It's a perfectly selfish entity acting in a perfectly selfish way. He was so proud to have finally gotten himself a college education. University of Phoenix is under particular scrutiny for recruiting veterans... One of the major reasons I got out of the Navy. I’d try to find a good quality degree certificates made by Diploma Mills, because it’s memorable and a rarity to posses a British made fake university degrees or resources. GetEducated.com Diploma Mill Police. Press J to jump to the feed.

And Georgia Tech (a real, well respected engineering school) has recently launched an online CS-masters degree program.

u/fullmaltalchemist. Here is a list of the top 10 locations by state for diploma mills in the United States. Remember that before you buy your fake college diploma do some market research and indentify the major players and they move to purchase.

For example, Western Governors University is an online, non-profit educational institution that charges a flat rate for whatever courses you're taking. So much so that it will be interesting to see what effect this has on the military. At least 271 institutions offer fake diplomas in the U.K., Verifile reports—significantly more than the UK’s 158 legitimate universities and colleges. A diploma mill (also known as a degree mill) is an organization that awards academic degrees and diplomas with substandard or no academic study and without academic approval by officially recognized educational accrediting bodies or qualified government agencies.