The Dilo spits a projectile that obscures vision and reduces movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds. Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies! Italics denote creatures that have not yet been released! If the prey, or the player, decide to flee straightaway, they do not spit. Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest, Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Once I was building a house and a raptor killed me.My level 24 dilo killed it and waited. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID. Dilophosaurus have a very small aggravation range, but if provoked can produce deadly strikes in a very short time, as well as blinding you with a ranged poison that it will initially use before biting. These values may differ with what you see in-game or written elsewhere. For general infos about domesticating a wild creature see Taming. Spears/ Pikes, since they give the ability to keep them away with the long range and knock-back. More Dilophosaur Utility Tips.

[1], The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps. Easily killed by any survivor with even a Stone Hatchet. In groups of 3 or more they are dangerous. Join 3,170 players on Dododex's Discord and get 100 dino emojis! Anyone got a list? Early survivors caught off guard and unprepared for a fight, can easily outrun a Dilo and live to fight another day.

... Tame these and set on turret mode, cheaper than plant x, and easier to get. Otherwise they will scavenge for dinosaurs that have already been killed and consume the meat of the corpse.

For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Dilophosaur. admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Dilo/Dilo_Character_BP.Dilo_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35, admincheat summon Dilo_Character_BP_Corrupt_C, admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Extinction/Dinos/Corrupt/Dilo/Dilo_Character_BP_Corrupt.Dilo_Character_BP_Corrupt'" 500 0 0 35, admincheat summon Dilo_Character_BP_Gauntlet_C, admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Gauntlet/Bog/Dilo_Character_BP_Gauntlet.Dilo_Character_BP_Gauntlet'" 500 0 0 35, admincheat summon Dilo_Character_BP_Retrieve_C, admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Retrieve/Bog/Dilo_Character_BP_Retrieve.Dilo_Character_BP_Retrieve'" 500 0 0 35. People who say Gigas destroy everything are wrong, 1 player online can enrage a Giga so they aren't brought into fights too often anymore unless the attacker is confident in their ability to not let it enrage For instance, cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Dilophosaur's "body" magenta.

The Dilophosaurus (dye-LA-fuh-SAWR-us), also shortened to Dilophosaur or even more so Dilo, is one of the dinosaurs in ARK: Survival Evolved. For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator.

All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.

Common   Unlike other predators, the Dilophosaurus sometimes chooses to flee the player, making a relatively easy kill. Sep 18, 2019 @ 12:24am Velonasaurs on turret mode, other dinos attack too I just set some Velonasaurs on turret mode on the roof of the base, but each time they fire at something all other dinos, which are on neutral, start to run in the direction of the enemy. If you time it right you can jump to the side to avoid the shot and continue your beat down.

Really hoping Wyverns can be set to turret mode but won't get my hopes up.

They have the ability to spit a blob of green venom which slows you and decreases your visibility. Be sure to dodge their spitting attack, or the tide of battle can turn!

ARK: Survival Evolved Taming Calculator. Instead of attacking its prey outright, Dilophosaurus sputatrix spits venom to weaken and paralyze it before moving in for the kill. Rock golems on turret mode on cliffs or turret towers out of reach of Gigas/Theris/C4. By "turret mode" I mean the setting Arthroplueras get that stops them from moving, but allows them to still turn and spit. After spitting, there appears to be a cool-down during which the Dilo cannot spit again while engaging in melee combat. Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. (there is a bug where Dilophosaur will attack tamed Argentavis, along with all other aggresive creatures) The Dilophosaur is a highly adaptable animal that can be seen in many environments including beaches, plains, river banks, jungles, swamps and the redwood forest. In addition to to lacking the exaggerated anatomy, real Dilophosaurus were also as large as the game's Utahraptors and were speedy hunters in real life. STORYTIME, (yay) So, 1 or 2 years ago I used to breed dilos, I had 10-15, for some reason that I don’t remember (probably therezinhasaurus or a really strong pack of raptors) only 2 of them survived, General and his wife Rosa, they helped me a lot to kill raptor and random Dino’s that kept trying to invade my base, so they became really special to me, and now they are retired on herbivores island, in a secondary base (I only play on Single Player because I’m to scared to multiplayer) enjoying life with another special Dinos ou weak pets that I don’t want to lose, so please take care of your dilo, they may not be the best, but they are really nice pets and companies. Console player here. The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: https://ark.gamepedia.com/File:Dilosound.ogg, Cooked Meat, Cooked Fish Meat, or Cooked Meat Jerky, https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dilophosaur?oldid=478644, Pages using DynamicPageList parser function. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.  

Though relatively small, their vision-impairing spitting attack makes it difficult to fight them in the beginning. The Dilo spits a projectile that obscures vision and reduces movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds.

Due to their small size, they are not suitable as mounts. Tame a ton of these and breed them then when they’re around level 200, a pack of 5 could kill damn near anything! It's been a while, but I don't remember if anything official has been said on giving Dilos "turret mode". A good first defensive game.   ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki is a Fandom Gaming Community.

Rare If possible, dispatch it with a mount!

If threatened a Dilophosaurus will erect its frill, hiss, and spit a greenish venom that stuns and blinds its target. Ingredients for Basic Kibble: After a period of time however, the Dilo will typically stop, pull their head back, and spit again.   Cave. Since they lacked supreme jaw strength, they would have hunted in packs just like in the game. They are pretty slow, not able to keep pace with an unencumbered survivor. When taming the Dilophosaur, a Slingshot is preferred for knocking it unconscious. This can also be shot at a player's dinos, with the same effect. They have relatively low Health and melee, and become midday snacks for larger animals and aggressive players. Dilophosaurus have a very small aggravation range, but if provoked can produce deadly strikes in a very short time, as well as blinding you with a ranged poison that it will initially use before biting.

The name of the Dilophosaur is derived from the Greek words di (δι) meaning "two", lophos (λόφος) meaning "crest", and sauros (σαυρος) meaning "lizard"; thus means "two-crested lizard". If you're a Bob then have these boys around your base on turret mode and they'll look dope but also stand their ground and defend. A Dilophosaur is a small, relatively weak dinosaur. Don't get too attached to them, as they likely won't survive combat against stronger dinosaurs. Dilophosaurus is a small opportunistic predator best distinguished by the twin crests on its head and the membranous frill surrounding its neck. They also do not live in packs, but can be found with 2-3 others. Still, they're easy to tame for newer survivors, and are not hard to manage. 10 ×  Amarberry, 1 ×  Cooked Meat, Cooked Fish Meat, or Cooked Meat Jerky, 1 ×  Extra Small Egg, 5 ×  Fiber, 5 ×  Mejoberry, 10 ×  Tintoberry, 1 ×  Water. Dilo only spits when they get hurt. It's been a while, but I don't remember if anything official has been said on giving Dilos "turret mode".

They are found alone or in small groups throughout the island and prey upon anything smaller than themselves, though these dinosaurs are also frequent scavengers. Tame these and set on turret mode, cheaper than plant x, and easier to get. Dilophosaurus might have been one of the dinosaurs that lived in the.

They do so well! Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool. Alone not very affective but I once had a group of 7 and they took out a carno with easy as well as other aggressive creatures. I can't find any official word on it with searches either, so I'm wondering if someone here remembers. Dilophosaurus sputatrix is a strange creature. Heard there was a turret mode for some dinos now but not sure which ones.. Google wasn't very helpful. This page was last edited on 5 October 2020, at 21:46. Dilophosaurus sputatrix has a few traits not common in the Dilophosaurus genus. And/or any kind of shield as it blocks the venomous blinding spit that they spit at you. By midgame, they provide an easy source of meat and hide. Tame a ton of these and breed them then when they’re around level 200, a … Dilos are common on the beaches and are often one of the first carnivores to be seen by a survivor.