Once again, character designs are handled by Suzuhito Yasuda with monsters designed by Mohiro Kitoh.[42].

I bet if I played the DS version on a DSi XL vs my 3DS XL the old version would be more pixelated. [37], An enhanced port of the game for the Nintendo 3DS was released in North America on August 23, 2011.

this a must own for the 3DS.

I had never heard of the series, but decided give it a try. You'll want to play this one even if you've beaten the non-Overclocked version more than once. I didn't play the original version, so I decided to pick this one up instead when I saw it on sale. Devil Survivor is a tactical role-playing game.

If the Protagonist chooses to kill both the demon tamers and angels that get in his way, he soon becomes feared by the humans in the lockdown. [6] Reviews, like IGN, noted that the game has a "whole lot of depth, all of which fuse together to create one of the best RPGs of the year thus far.

[6] The 8th Day was seen as one of the Overclocked's most attractive features for expanding on the game story, and adding a new boss. [6][61] In general, the average score of Overclocked was sightly lower than the original with an average of 78 in Metacritic. Devil Survivor is set in modern-day Tokyo which is put in quarantine after a demon outbreak, resulting in the area not having electricity and several people not having access to their homes. This game has got to be one of the best games to be developed for DS/3DS. Overclocked received similar albeit lower critical response based on the addition and lack of improvements to the port. But then I realized, it was remade for the 3ds not too long ago, and I was wondering, is there enough new stuff to be worth picking up the new version? In Naoya's 8th Day, the Protagonist learns that Metatron is holding Tokyo hostage and extending the lockdown, forcing the remaining demon tamers to kill the new Overlord.

Needless to say, it was fine up until I got to Osaka. With an extra day for most of the endings, a demon compendium, voice acting and other minor gameplay improvements, yeah you'd definitely get your moneys worth. Are+you+listening+to+Naoya,+or+to+your+headphones?

But then I realized, it was remade for the 3ds not too long ago, and I was wondering, is there enough new stuff to be worth picking up the new version? Now suddenly the game became ridiculously hard. It acts as an abridged digest of the events of the game. I used to think, before these recent remakes, that DeSu had the better story while DeSu2 had the better gameplay - this remake evens the playing field a bit. Take away the random encounters, demon negotiating, equipment, items and even the good ol' dungeon crawler aspect... And you have Devil Survivor. General Atlus discussion is usually allowed as well. [36] The soundtrack for Overclocked was released on November 25, 2011.

[47] Its first tankōbon volume was released on April 9, 2013 and as of November 8, 2013, three volumes were released. I'll always prefer the Bels over the Septentriones.

He is joined by computer hacker Atsuro Kihara and everygirl Yuzu Tanikawa as the group become able to summon demons using electronic devices known as COMPs created by the protagonist's cousin, Naoya. Spoiler: DeSu 2: RB. There is a simple switch in a menu to turn voices off, btw. Unfortunately preventable technical glitches like regular freezes and occasional crashes take a lot away from its’ theoretically well deserved glory. Moreover, that very story, already boasting multiple endings based on critical decisions by the player, now concludes with a special eighth chapter, a rousing epilogue for Shin Megami Tensei fans. When attacking an enemy, the game allows the player to select one action for each squad member, and the computer doing the same for its squad. [5] The enhanced version of Devil Survivor for the 3DS features an eighth day, which continues on from four of the six endings. [69] By the end of the year it reached a total of 39,801 units sold. This causes the protagonist to become a part of the War of Bel in order to free the world from the demons making him thus a target for all other Demons that are in competition with him with the seventh day being day in which he will face the next Bel.

a 3D game that is not in 3D. What's this? Support the game, or don't support it. Even if you aren't interested in gameplay, characters are fully voiced now, there is additional story content past the DS version's ending, and the graphics are better.

Since you said you aren't I'd say play the version you have now and watch the new content on YouTube. No wonder they put a easier difficulty mode in Devil Survivor Overclocked if the original is even harder then Devil Survivor 2. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor was published and developed by Atlus, namely by members of the recently acquired developer Career Soft. The game has multiple ends which pertain to the three main alignments (Chaotic, Neutral and Lawful). So I'm about 7 hours into Devil Survivor Overclocked. [19] The Protagonist also finds he has the ability to see a person's "death clock", representing how many days a person will have left to live. Once the story grips you, it'll be hard to let go. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. Overclocked has voice acting, 8th day for some routes, and some (20 or so) additional demons. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - Teaser Trailer, Turn base Anime Drama I love it is like Pokemon and Fire Emblem had a demon baby. This game also has extremely broken skills, as you can beat the hell out of nearly everything by using the Kishin and Vile demons as companions. Notable Video Game Releases: New and Upcoming, November Preview: 19 TV Shows & New Movies to Watch at Home, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - Official Trailer, Gamescom 2011: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - Auction & Fusion Trailer, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - Preview Trailer, Music title data, credits, and images provided by, Movie title data, credits, and poster art provided by. a 3D game that is not in 3D. I found the voice acting pretty painful, so I'd recommend doing the same to see if you feel the same way. The innovative mix of various RPG sub-genres results in an intriguing and incredibly fun overall package.

The game's main theme song is "Reset" performed by Aya Ishihara and the 3DS version's main theme song is "Soul Survive" performed by Junko Minagawa, who also voiced Haru in the Japanese version of Devil Survivor Overclocked and in the Drama CD. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. [6] It also has full voice acting which concerned the staff due to the possibility of 20,000 words worth of voiced dialogue not fitting the cartridge. Although having innumerable biblical and mythological references and an abnormally large amount of text, it has a solid storyline that is able to keep players engaged. 27 While you and your friends must solve the nature of the interdimensional rift through which the horrific creatures are entering your world, saving the world is not your highest priority; staying alive, on the other hand, is. For demons, new abilities are learned either through leveling up, being trained a new ability by the player after defeating a certain number of enemies, or as a result of "fusion", inheriting the ability from one of the two demons used in the fusion. Partial Nudity, Language, Mild Blood, Fantasy Violence, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked Review, Daily Deals: Preorder Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or PC and Save 17% Off, The Most Messed Up Moments in the Comic Book Version of ‘The Boys’, The Best Anime Fanfiction Where the Hero Is a Villain, Updated: The Best Black Friday Deals from Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart, Phasmophobia Dev 'Reconsidering' Early Access Plans After Huge Success, How Control, Alan Wake, and Quantum Break Are All Connected, The Best Games of the Decade (2010 - 2019), Sega Sells Japanese Arcade Business Due to COVID-19, Among Us to Add New Map, Accounts System and More, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Things Ghost of Tsushima Doesn't Tell You. Changes made to the demon, if any, between the original Devil Survivor and Overclocked. How much more content is there in Devil Survivor Overclocked vs Devil Survivor? Moreover, that very story, already boasting multiple endings based on critical. The player is presented with a novel premise: Tokyo is in full lockdown, the government's swift, coldblooded response to a surprise demon invasion. Expanded and enhanced, SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked for Nintendo 3DS builds upon what many considered one of the best RPGs of 2009. If they had the Japanese audio then it would totally be worth it, but there's definitely not enough room on the cart for that anyway. [25] The Japanese government had been aware of this event for years, and had enacted the PSE Law as a safeguard, which embedded remote-controlled electromagnetic devices in every consumer electronics;[26] if the demons outbreak cannot be stopped, the government can use these devices at the last moment to destroy all living things within the quarantine, human and demon alike.

Hmm well I do like voice acting. I'm not trying to min/max or anything but I just want to play somewhat smartly. [5] Certain story-based activities will advance the game's clock by a set amount of time, and may lead to other activities becoming no longer available or creating a new activity.

If you plan on playing both, it's best to play Devil Survivor Overclocked first and then Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker second. How much more content is there in Devil Survivor Overclocked vs Devil Survivor? The series received a manga adaptation as well as a drama CD. [23] Through their investigation, the Protagonist and his allies find that the demon outbreak is a result of a planned battle between angels and demons, as a measure to judge the worthiness of mankind. [28] It is also revealed he worked with the Shomonkai to create the programs to summon demons as to bring about this event, initially through the keyboard used by Aya, one of Haru's band members. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser.

First off, this is an amazing game, regardless of the fact that it doesn't have any 3D save for the opening sequence and demon fusing. Summary: Expanded and enhanced, Devil Survivor Overclocked for Nintendo 3DS builds upon the game's original release with the addition of voice acting for the entirety of the game's lengthy, unconventional narrative. In order to make the game accessible to followers of the series, they decided to focus more on the demons' development rather than the strategy combat. Ghostlight, the publisher, made an announcement regarding this on March 31, 2013, and said that they were doing everything they could to fix the problems as soon as possible. Buy it digital, it is super cheap and has a lot of extras (like the Compendium and voice acting) compared to the original. Both the player and computer control a number of squads composed of one leader and two supporting characters. I'm such a sucker for buying this on two systems, Reviewed in the United States on January 4, 2016.

[52], The overall art style was generally praised, mostly for the monsters and demons "polished and full of subtle style". ", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Devil_Survivor&oldid=981867092, Articles containing Japanese-language text, Articles using Infobox video game using locally defined parameters, Articles using Wikidata infoboxes with locally defined images, Articles using Video game reviews template in single platform mode, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 4 October 2020, at 21:46.