All rights reserved. From industry evenings to corporate dinners, Dean’s recognisability ensures any occasion he attends has increased engagement and excitement from attendees. You could also do it yourself at any point in time. “I remember when I read through the first ever script of Last Tango, it screamed quality and I also thought it was a lovely premise. In 2005, Andrews played the character of Steven Maynard in the ITV drama Wire in the Blood.

Congratulations on this excellent venture… what a great idea! To install click the Add extension button. “That’s a luxury you don’t often have,” he says. Dean Andrews (Ray Carling in 'Life on Mars') Who does the voice over on the tresemme advert UK July 2009? I’m 53 now and even had I gone to drama school when I was younger I’m not sure I could have gone any further in my career than I have now. However, despite having performed with the Phoenix Amateur Operatic Society he says becoming an actor never entered his head. “But that’s real life isn’t it? “It has got laughs, but like the majority of Sally’s work there is a gritty reality to it,” says Andrews, who plays Robbie. “Life has been pretty good to me, I really can’t complain.”. With such an established reputation in British television, Dean makes the ideal event host or after dinner speaker, able to engage audiences with behind the scenes anecdotes and his down to earth charm. Copyright © 2020 Champions (UK) plc.

Andrews played Barry Shiel in the Channel 4 drama Buried, which won the BAFTA Award for Best Drama Series in 2004. [3], Born in 1963 in Rotherham, Andrews went to Sitwell Junior School on Grange Road and Oakwood Comprehensive School on Moorgate Road. Actor in Emmerdale & Formerly in Ashes to Ashes & Life on Mars, Actor of Ken Barlow In Coronation Street Since 1960 & Recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award, Member Of Chart-Topping R&B Boyband, Blue & EastEnders Actor, Played Douglas Potts on Emmerdale & Dennis Stokes on Coronation Street, BAFTA-Winning Actor & Met Office Weatherman, Sport's Most Popular Speaking Topics of 2020. Contact the Champions Speakers agency to book Dean Andrews for your event today.

“My dad was a singer and when I was little we would all go down to watch him on a Saturday night at whichever club he was performing at. Debuting in 2008, Ashes to Ashes saw the return of Dean in his highly regarded role for a period of three years and was again nominated for the Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series in 2008, a testament to his aptitude for acting. People like seeing someone they recognise from the television, but I can’t say it’s arduous work.

This article is about a British actor.

He has a way of making you feel so relaxed and so uninhibited. “And it was good because it was pretty freezing up on the Pennines. Simply call a booking agent on 0207 1010 553 or email us at agent@championsukplc.com for a free quote. He also played the lead role in the five part BBC One series The Case, about a man accused of murdering his terminally ill girlfriend. Sarah Lancashire’s character Caroline is still coming to terms with the death of her partner Kate, Gillian, played by Nicola Walker, is still feeling guilty after killing her abusive first husband and passing it off as suicide and stress levels are invariably high. Dean Andrews (born 6 August 1963) is an English actor. Having never acted before I thought all directors worked like him, but 15 years on, and with quite a few more parts under my belt, I realise how special it was. I really enjoy the singing and it’s been a good career, but right now I think it would be a good time to concentrate on the acting. Able to share behind the scenes stories from some of the most popular series of the past two decades, Dean’s after-dinner discussions are enjoyable for all audiences, even those who haven’t seen his work. In 2008, he returned to play the character in the spin-off series Ashes to Ashes.

Best known for his performance in Life on Mars, Dean portrayed the controversial tough guy, DS Ray Carling, for both series of the show. Best Banking & Finance Speakers to Book for 2021. As of April 2019, he has appeared as Will Taylor on ITV soap opera Emmerdale. [5] In February 2013, Andrews portrayed the role of Pete Lewis in the BBC show Being Eileen.[6][7][8]. That's it. This website and its associated newspaper are members of Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO).