I see you're off to a great start! 3. Since you’re likely covered in all kinds of acrylic bits and dust, this is a great time to cut the smaller white globe that will become the eyes. Poster board

Hi, that's an awesome mau5head! YOU GUYS ROCK! Measure 6 ½” down from this dot to find the lowest point of the bottom lip and mark this point. Cut felt pieces as shown in the diagram. Don’t worry about marking the ear position yet, we will do that once the ears are built. This will help make sure the eyes get positioned properly. They would be black when it not is included in your skin.

2 medium-sized plastic bowls (one with an airtight lid)

Teh Unde4d (being only myself in the Unde4d) salute you for this mod.

8 years ago Clothes steamer Quickly sandwich the other piece of foam on top and use strips of tape to hold the two pieces firmly together until the glue has set. To reinforce the head structure, apply a layer of epoxy over the front and back of the head and over the seams between the head and ears. I smoothed alot of my project out with the mouth and the ears using silicon, but other products such as fiberglass resin is a popular product. Hmm can you by chance upload a labeled version of the skin to show the ears? More Info.

Stretch the back flap of felt tight across the back of the head, trimming the bottom edge so that it goes just 1” past the base opening of the head. All creations copyright of the creators. And I hope I find them before Halloween. Here they are: I just fixed it.

This will protect you and your sheer fabric from the sharp edge of the mesh, as well as help you attach the mouth to the inside of the lip. Mache the ears to the head first isn't that harder to put the material on afterwards? Reply Is it possible on a globe made of paper mache? Do not attach mouth yet, this will be the last step in creating your Mau5head. After everything looks good, sand any rough edges around the areas that were just cut out. I used $2 plastic christmas ornament halves from Michael's craft store that are 3" across. Test fit your eye domes over the lighting and inspect for placement. The process to pin the fabric will be virtually identical, except now you’ll run a strip of stitch witchery fusible web around the top edge of the ear.

Cool i amm going to start making a head for my sisters friend so she can give it to her as a bd present!! Glue the corner area generously, as the junction of these two foam strips helps strengthen the mouth opening. Stitch witchery Try to put the printed side on the inside of the ear foam sandwich to avoid any see-through when covering them with fabric later. Wire cutters (Hold the edges together tightly until the glue has cooled.). Be patient and make 2-3 passes over the entire area to cut through.

Play with your fabric a bit to get a feel for how/where it stretches.

Create 2 cutouts inside to mark where your threaded rods will run through the foam. I am considering using your technique, so any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mark a dot 5/8” above the equator on the front center line to determine the high point on the mouth.

Finally, the last piece of the puzzle is ready to go in! 8/32” wing nuts

Stretch the front flap of felt tight across the front of the head, and carefully cut out shapes for the eye and mouth holes, making the eye shapes 1” narrower than the eye holes, and the mouth shape 1” narrower than the mouth hole. Level 1: New Miner. After the fabric has been stretched into place, you can secure with hot glue, or with stitch witchery if you will be overlapping fabric to fabric (stitch witchery between fabric layers and steamed to adhere). At this point you can get your head inside, go ahead, try it on and make sure the neck hole is large enough and everything is looking even and properly placed so far. Metal Mesh Food Cover Dome I am having trouble finding the lights for the eyes.

Great comment man, thank you!

Remove this by gently peeling it off of both sides. 7 years ago Pin the layers of sheer fabric together and sew them to one side of the mesh, using ½”-long stitches about ½” from the edge of the mesh.

I have read all of the comments a ton of times, and I am at the final stage of getting the fabric on the head.

on Introduction. Acrylic is extremely chippy and sharp when cut, protect your eyes! THIS MOD DOES NOT EDIT HOW YOUR CHARACTER IS PROGRAMMED! For the lights, I got the LED Mini Tealight Plastic Candles at Michael's for $9 for a 4 pack. Then, using the same poster board strip, repeat this on the bottom edge from the lower point up to the outer edges.

I really appreciate and respect the collaboration of everyone on this instructable's comment thread. on Introduction.

5 years ago Well, I'm here to help. Also, wear protective eyewear and heavy duty gloves to protect your hands - the cut edges are extremely sharp! I used the dremmel to go back around the mouth and make small adjustments making sure to be careful. New.

I used EL wire to make it look like a Tron Legacy deadmau5. Thank you so much for the instructions, they were fantastic!!! Smooth it out and glue it permanently behind the lip in the mouth. If I would have planned on using the cover-up in the first place it would have been smoother.

After you’ve gone around the entire ear and gotten a nice smooth fit all the way around, steam around the edge of the ear with your steamer to melt the stitch witchery and adhere your fabric edges together. Looking forward to going with this method tonight and finally finishing up. If possible, try to put a reflective material such as foil as a background in the entire eye area to intensify the light output from the eyes. As you sew, try to keep the fabric smooth with no ripples in it. How can I fix this? More Info Pomegranate (Jay Robinson Remix) deadmau5 & The Neptunes. And I do have some mod installed. tape measure ruler These will be the prongs for inserting the ears into the head.) It looks almost like velvet. Again, strips of poster board will be incredibly helpful to create even, straight lines. The illustrations for the steps are a bit funky and are not to scale, but they convey the necessary information.

https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:400%2C400i%2C700%2C700i|Material+Icons&display=swap,//www.planetminecraft.com/css/images.css?v=DL5336loK96DiBKaengSL-i0hO4Bip0V8OqVQm_7pu67DI5f,//www.planetminecraft.com/css/style.css?v=EDG_QTUNUgBOECdhZleSNrDSb9xOv15ibJ58V9Qe6JTUxaFf,//www.planetminecraft.com/css/editor.css?v=dsvQp9aFSuYT0NkL84iANXCsINWrKZV-fInc_ho8y1fIs5pf. Alright, LET'S GO!!! 6”x18” piece of wire mesh Use a hand drill with a drill bit matched to the size of the prongs to drill holes for them.

It gives everybody deadmau5 ears. Before you begin building your own Mau5head, there is one thing I cannot stress enough, take a great deal of time in the beginning to PLAN. A little trial and error and a lot of patience go a long way here. I used your very well-done directions to make a deadmau5 head for my boy for Halloween this year. Before placing the foam inside the lip, gently bend it bit by bit along the length to create a gentle curve in the foam. screwdriver that fits the screws in the tap lights Keep in mind that the hard hat will elevate the globe up off your shoulders. Now you can cut the holes for the rods to slip through. 7 years ago Can you tell me how you got that smooth metallic finish? I bet he loves it! 2-3 metal coat hangers Using the acrylic piece left over from cutting out the mouth, trace the outline of this piece onto the mesh dome and carefully cut the wire, making sure to be on the outside of the  marked line. The process is long, it takes a huge amount of determination and patience, but I promise you, in the end, you will have the sikkest Mau5head of any you've ever seen! When you are satisfied with placement, run a thin bead of hot glue around inner edge of the white acrylic dome, one at a time, and place over lighting source.

This was my first Deadmau5 helmet. ** do NOT cut the mouth out with the jigsaw, the acrylic is very thin here and it will break!

Pin the stitch witchery in a few places to hold until the fabric is stretched over it.

o-o, Is not working for me..I installed it like you said but it wont show in the game. When the fit is good, trim off any excessive overlap of wire (remember you will want at least ½” overhang on the inside to attach to lip).