Items must be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging. This box totally has the vibe of the DBX 160VU. I’m communicating with them now...there’s s language barrier, This is torturous... so, price is $35/unit for a 100 plus units... the site says minimum order of 1 unit for $80, but, apparently the sales manager there doesn’t understand that lol. I'd call that counterfeiting, I think. Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is, I’ve never bought anything from alibaba, but I saw that they have numerous copies of various dbx compressors... including 160a for $80. If dbx manufactures in China then it is much more likely to be real.

I like small companies that make their stuff locally, whatever the country....Music is a very personal choice. Fig 4 A dbx 160, and the later Over-Easy™(soft-knee) model, the 165 The original 160 was a simple design—it lacked Attack & Release controls, but brought a fast, tight compression characteristic to the table, perfect for clamping down on drum and bass transients, and really controlling peak levels.

Confirmed: if it’s too good to be true... is still true.

This unit was built for me by Abe Chapman, the designer and owner of AC sound. The dbx® 160A is a legendary dbx® 160 family of compressor/limiters. Oops, looks like you forgot something. Please check the fields highlighted in red. It’s great both in-chain or for crushing tracks after the fact. If you watch the listing, we'll notify you if it becomes available again. Which is what I’m thinking... the site has almost every modern versions of dbx compressors... hmmm. The SCA B16 module is modeled after the 160. I do take comfort that they are USA made and build quality is wonderful. Mint items are in essentially new original condition but have been opened or played. Yes, but Japanese Fenders became official Fenders in 1982 and have always been regarded for their quality. With 12 inputs and 6 outputs and Ethernet control the dbx ZonePRO® 1260 is the newest members of the ZonePRO® family providing a complete suite of signal processing and control for Commercial Audio applications. Sometimes someone like Shure will sub out the fabrication of, say, 20,000 SM57 bodies and head baskets. The only issue I had with the unit is that the faceplate bulges outward from the case about 1/8".

Original owner, smoke free studio, always racked. XLR input/outputs. It's a great tracking comp, it sounds like a much more expensive comp IMHO. The same classic sound, easy set-up and no compromise metering is now married to an improved signal path and stronger chassis design. Designed to offer superior system sonic performance and flexibility, the 1260/1261 deliver the highest quality tools available. This unit was built for me by Abe Chapman, the designer and owner of AC sound. I'm curious... as almost all classic pieces seem to have been cloned these days?

It's a great tracking comp, it sounds like a much more expensive comp IMHO. I guess I'm old fashioned..... Universal Audio 610 Mic Pre... Is it over looked. AC Sound CLX-VU 2 channel VCA compressor clone of the DX 160VU. View and Download dbx 160XT instruction manual online.

Includes AC power cable. And you saved 80 bucks. AC Sound CLX-VU 2 channel VCA compressor clone of the DX 160VU. Alibaba dbx 160a clone.. $80 Gearslutz is part-supported by our visitors. Hey there! When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. it might encourage companies to rethink the cost of cheap labor. It doesn't effect the operation of the compressor at all (I've included a photo to show this).

It's not a clone, but it's been described as a dbx 160vu with a tighter low end by quite a few people. There should be a trade insurance anyway, so for $80, it might be a bargain. Im a Bit skeptical as all of the item pictures just appear to be the actual product with the logo edited out. Doesn't stop me from buying Monoprice for a quick fix, but I'd rather buy say a Beezneez mic than a Chinese clone. For $35 per box you’re buying nothing but “sounds **** and doesn’t work”. I have FMP and UA, Sound Devices products.

So, on a global scale, the theory makes sense. dbx 160XT Compressor/Limiter Instruction manual. It's not a clone, but it's been described as a dbx 160vu with a tighter low end by quite a few people.

The vendor makes 30,000 and sells the excess out the back door. Could be real who knows. The Foote Pico 502 (with or without transformer). Is there a modern dbx160a/VU clone currently in production by anyone? Original owner, smoke free studio, always racked.

Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is. they probably just want your credit card info to sell to the dark web. When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described or photographed.
Has all of the features of the DBX 160VU including the Below/Above threshold indicator light, controls for threshold, continuously variable gain, reduction ratio from 1:1 to limiting and makeup gain/output but a lower noise floor than the original. Mint condition. 160XT recording equipment pdf manual download. The result is industry standard compressor/limiter which is digital-ready and road tough. http://store.acsoundstudio.com/custo...ompressor.html, HoRNet Plugins introduces VU Meter MK4 digital VU Meter with automatic gain. I like my Russian mics and German stands, Not anti Chinese by any means, but the cheap and cheerful stuff does bother me. Sounds like Afgans are cloning the AK47, wonder how it sounds..... this discussion is nothing other than encouraging fraud or theft. I use the it probably not so much for compression, as I assume it was intended – but more as a distortion box! It has a "pillowy pop" as I describe it. When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. “ dbx 160 is a trusted squashing beast, great both in-chain and for crushing tracks after the fact. Love it especially on drums and percussion. The Foote Pico 502 (with or without transformer).

This unit also has a link option to link both channels together for stereo operation. This box totally has the vibe of the DBX 160VU. Mint condition. When dbx started out in suburban Boston, pretty much every studio in town had dbx stuff thanks to entrepreneurial dumpster divers. Is there a modern dbx160a/VU clone out there? Hey there! I love it on snare, kick, drum overheads, bass guitar, vocals, acoustic piano and Fender Rhodes.