Reba Mcentire Is All Smiles During Beach Vacation in Barbados! Enthused the San Francisco Examiner in 1957, “Richard Diamond, Private Detective is a video variation on Dick Powell’s old radio whodunit. In it, he plays reporter George Beckworth. 1952, Yankee Buccaneer

In it, he plays Nebraska county sheriff Jim O’Hara, who, after his wife and child die in a fire, changes his life, filing an application with the United States Department of the Treasury, which takes him on. "Duke" Sinclaire 3 Episodes (1971), O'Hara, U.S. Treasury © 2020 TV GUIDE, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. He is best remembered for his role as 'Dr. The majors was being a movie star, and even though Janssen enjoyed great success on television, first with Richard Diamond, Private Detective and then with The Fugitive, and did pretty much every anthology show there was before The Fugitive, he didn’t seem to value his success in television, because it meant he wasn’t a movie star.”, David proceeded to start making guest appearances again, and as he told the Star-Gazette of Elmira, New York, after Richard Diamond he was not refusing to do another series, but he was sitting out a cycle. Maybe it’s not a cycle and it’s here to stay. 1952, Bonzo Goes To College I’m still the same basic character, but each week I have to adapt to different problems, just as we all do in real life. David Janson was born on March 30, 1950 in Clapham, London, England as David Jackson. Sentenced to death, he’s en route to his fate by train, which suffers a massive derailment, allowing him to escape and begin his quest to find that one-armed man.

He was born in Naponee, Nebraska on March 27, 1931 as David … (age 48) David Harold Meyer That episode, titled “The Judgment,” aired on August 22 and August 29, 1967 and was the highest-rated TV show up until that time. In May 1953, the Santa Cruz Sentinel covered the “Shellzapoppin” GI talent show, noting, “Things got off to a fine start with handsome, smiling Pfc. The show failed to impress me, Janssen did. Looking at the quantity of TV movies the actor made, Ed comments, “Throughout the ’70s he had a large Q-rating, the equivalent of the ‘it factor.’ Viewers knew who David Janssen was, which is why the networks were looking for projects for him. 1980 My role will be that of a special agent and I won’t have a partner.”, And that latter point, according to Jack Webb in an interview he gave TV Guide in the July 22, 1972 issue, was part of the reason the show didn’t work. 1952, Swamp Fire This genial GI, who has the distinction of being the only enlisted man now under contract with a major studio, ‘warmed up’ the audience with a few observations on army life. Born in Victoria, British Columbia, Jensen began as a radio DJ on Radio Luxembourg.Jensen was later a broadcaster for the BBC from 1976 to 1984, as a host on BBC Radio 1 and presenter on the TV music programme Top of the Pops from 1977 to 1984.