- I started with the Claymore as my main weapon and fell in love, also had Morning Star for heavily armoured foes. Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has. - The Claymore is a greatsword in Dark Souls II.

Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.

Allows for broad attacks that are effective against multiple foes. Required Attributes Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St).

Requires: Claymore, Boltstone and 2,000 souls for Infusion. Found

Very heavy, and designed for use with both hands.

Just a good weapon for any situation. 40 145

8.0 feels like B team had way more imagination for diverse weapon movesets (and hybrid movesets) than A team. 35 Requires: Claymore, Old Mundane Stone and 2,000 souls for Infusion. At Enchanted +10 with the required minimal values for STR and DEX (20 and 13) and INT of 50 the Claymore does 290 +50 Physical Damage.

Magic damage added; primarily modified by Faith stat. I am genuinely disappointed that dark souls 3 doesn't have a two handed sweeping R1 on any of the greatswords just the same copy pasted smash, lift, smash, lift, smash, lift, etc. The one handed movesets are identical.

Also, its continuous lengthwise attacks rapidly deplete the victim's stamina, making it easy to destroy shielded enemies.

A lot of people on forums tend to lean towards the claymore, with the Drangleic sword being rarely mentioned. Like in the previous games, the Claymore is a powerful and reliable weapon, due to its long reach and versatile moveset.

It has the same average scaling for both Strength and Dexterity. Requires Claymore +3 and Dragonstone.

Dark Souls Wiki is a FANDOM Games Community. Moderate damage bonus from Strength and Dexterity.

Essentially playing the same role of the same sword from Dark Souls, the Claymore is a utilitarian greatsword with a versatile moveset, good reach, fast swing-speed, and acceptable damage per hit. Requires Claymore +6 and Moonstone.

This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X". -

The Dark Souls series inadvertently created one of the best "Hide and Seek" simulators.

Was just pleasantly sitting here thinking over my thousands of hours of playing the incredible series and thought, "You know, some of my favorite moments in the game were when I was invaded and successfully hid from an overpowered invader!"

Claymore guide with all stats, location, upgrades, lore, and tips. Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat].

Large Swords are usually held with both hands and are capable of inflicting a huge amount of damage towards hostile characters but are slow, making the player vulnerable to fast enemy attacks. Requires-Claymore +3 and Greystone. Attribute Bonus Forward thrust, further input yields a spinning slash. But for a STR and DEX build, the Drangleic starts to outclass the Claymore quickly.

Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness.

My first character was a quality build with 30 str/dex and I got my hands on this and I fell in love. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.

Requires: Claymore, Magic Stone and 2,000 souls for Infusion.

Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has. I've seen some answers here saying that it should be easy to effectively use a claymore one -handed, even without being exceptionally strong.

This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".

- It has beautiful combos and you can be very effective 2 handing or 1 handing it.

For the Dark Souls III variant, see Claymore (Dark Souls III).

Recommended Endgame Weapons is a Dark Souls guide created by used Aierce.Please be mindful that the recommendations on this page are not "official" and they sum up to one player's opinion on the best approach. At Normal +10 with 40 Strength and 40 Dexterity the Claymore has an Attack Rating of 395 (290+105).

Contributions to Fextralife Wikis are licensed under a. Weight: How much the item weights when equipped. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!"