My husband and I like the name Damian but my family is convinced it is the son of the devil. DEMOGRAPHICS) Damien entered the list in 1950-1959 and reached its highest rank of #182 in … Evil names list with demonic names for research.. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply. What to Expect has thousands of open discussions happening each day. What do you think of the answers? The first and original film in the series (The Omen) was released in 1976. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. For that reason, I might move it to the middle position. How would you spell it? DH and I love this name but everyone is like "nooo that's the devils son's name!" Twins Saint Cosmas and Saint Damianos refused payment to heal the sick in Syria and converted many to their faith before being killed under the emperor Diocletian's persecution. These names tend to be less frequently used than Damien. Who is the longest reigning WWE Champion of all time? In most other cultures the name is pretty harmless. What to Expect has thousands of open discussions happening each day. Are you sure you want to delete your comment? The first and original film in the series (The Omen) was released in 1976. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. The only reason for the name being regarded as Satanic is due to The Omen series of movies. 1 decade ago. Why is Charlie having so much difficultly talking to Miss Kinnian and other people? I'm just very glad none of you believe it a bad name. Honestly, the first thing I think of when I hear the name Damian is the devil, or at least something evil. Plus I wouldn't let a movie that came out 36 years ago stop me from using a great name like Damien :-). 1 1. How long will the footprints on the moon last? It's not the actual meaning though. Archived discussions are usually a bit older and not as active as other community content. What are good names for all girl triplets ? The Belgian priest Father Damien is honored as the man who gave his life helping the lepers of Molokai in Hawaii. Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page. This discussion is archived and locked for posting. Do you associate it with that devil-child show? Not accordin to this site it doesn't, but that's what i've always heard. Your Guide to the First Trimester of Pregnancy, Your Guide to the Second Trimester of Pregnancy. I read somewhere that St. Damian was the patron saint of physicians. Why don't libraries smell like bookstores? What do you think of the name Delga for a girl? (2000 U.S. It is a very popular name and part of the 1000 most popular names of all time.

Any thoughts on that name? As such, he is the very first fallen angel, and the only fallen Archangel. The name Damon, Damian, Damien, or really any other alternate spellings means to tame or subdue, and has its origin in Greece. We respect everyone’s right to express their thoughts and opinions as long as they remain respectful of other community members, and meet What to Expect’s Terms of Use. He is regarded as a malevolent figure by Christians. regarded as Satanic is due to The Omen series of movies.

Accordin to this site it also means to tame. What are some of your favourite baby names? This generation of kids won't know the movie so its fine. i do however like the name so i would still use it regardless of a fictional charecter! Currently, Archangels seem to have no vulnerabilities. (2000 U.S. Get answers by asking now. I thought it could be cute if I actually had the baby on Christmas to name him Jesus (Hispanic pronunciation) but I think that would be too much. Out of pride, Lucifer rebelled against his Father, God, being cast out of Heaven and into Hell as a result.

Thank you, I had never heard of this before an I just got dumb struck by peoples faces when I told them my Christmas baby would be named Damián. From the Greek name Δαμιανος (Damianos) which was derived from Greek δαμαω (damao) "to tame". Possibly means "to tame, subdue", though the Greek root is also close to the word for "spirit". I have a cousin named Damien that will be 21 this year. The educational health content on What To Expect is reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts to be up-to-date and in line with the latest evidence-based medical information and accepted health guidelines, including the medically reviewed What to Expect books by Heidi Murkoff. I like the name Damian but people tend to think of it as a devilish name i guess because of the movie the omen even though its spelled differently. Damian is not a Satanic name. When you hear the name Damian, do you think of the movie "omen"?

Despite the devil associations, Damian was the 136th most popular name for boys in the US in 2006. I really love it but i dont want people thinking of the devil when the hear my sons name. We keep them up because there are a ton of great conversations here and we believe you deserve to see them all. I think it’s ridiculous to associate the meaning of a name with a fictitious character... Do you think of the devil when you hear Damian? Omen IV: The Awakening (Jonathan Sheffer), https://omen.fandom.com/wiki/Lucifer_(Damien)?oldid=6126. Damian is a name of Greek origins that means “tame, peaceful” (quite unexpected qualities for an evil thing). Gosh I have never heard of the name Damien to be the devil's name. No, it's not the devil's name. ?

Damon has historically been the top pick of parents, though Damian is now more frequently used.