Yet, some guns are clearly finding their targets better than others, but seem no more accurate.

Many Connecticut Valley Arms firearms come with interchangeable barrels, such as the APEX, which is why there is a market for CVA APEX aftermarket barrels.

A heavier spring can work wonders, as in the case of my Ruger .44 Redhawk.

PRICE: $6.13: 23% OFF! When I tried to shoot a doe, I cocked the hammer, squeezed the trigger, and it didn't fire. Blackhorn 209 compatible breech plug for CVA Maghunter, Cleaning & Setup questions about my new Ultralight, FINALLY got around to trying Blackhorn 209, Vortex Diamondback HD 15×56 Binocular Review, Pope & Young Crowns the World Record Mule Deer, Creative Outdoors Montana Bow Sling Review, Mule Deer Muzzleloader Hunt: Film Release, Kodiak Island Gear with Daniel Horner and James Nash. 3x on using the tool to get it tight then it’s finger tight after that. The other day I noticed the hammer would not cock normally.

Fighting a trigger is just no fun. The 1903A3 has a locktime of somewhere around 6.5 milliseconds, contingent on mainspring. The old Mauser 98 military action has been criticized for having a slow locktime, actually a service rifle design choice.

Seems to work fine... CVA has very good customer service thats for one thing, there is many ways too skin a cat but the cat wont like any of them.

Those who want more currently have it available for a number of rifles, as High-Power Champion David Tubb (and others) have released titanium firing pins with half the weight of factory pins, and Wolff spring kit sets to match. Modeled after CVA’s top-of-the-line ACCURA® V2, OPTIMA V2 rifles feature the same trigger-guard actuated breeching lever, internal parts, and trigger. There is a failsafe built in to the plug so that the hammer will not cock if the plug isn't completely sealed. $416.00. Many off-site friendships have formed with others who share the same interests in the outdoors through the site.

SKU: PR2020SSC. I talked to a rep today at CVA, he told me to slam the barrel shut, and push the lever that allows the barrel to break open in the opposite direct. Check that the breech plug is all the way in and snug. What was a 3" 100 yard gun now groups inside 1-1/2" thanks to that spring kit. I'd try another plug.

According to Dick Metcalf (who also uses Triggerscan), even with the far lighter hammer weight of most pistols compared to rifles, anything nearing a 5.0 millisecond locktime is exceedingly good.

Metal is notorious for condensation and there is a lot of metal in the barrel of a muzzleloader. We'd really appreciate it! Finger tightened with grease works for me.

More recently, Dvorak Instruments' "Triggerscan" instrumentation has been used to more closely define and improve triggers.

This is seldom mentioned in the discussion of today's muzzleloading firearms, but it really should be.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." Elite Stalker Owner’s Manual. The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles.

So I cocked the hammer again, pulled the trigger again, and it went off like it was really a hot load.