Under 18” and you start wasting powder and don’t develop the full potential of the .308 round.

Bolt action rifles are both affordable and capable of great accuracy. While you may not agree with all of our assessments, the task of selecting representative examples of various types and classes of .308’s was daunting. After all, a stiff, gritty trigger is no fun, and will have a negative impact on your accuracy. Looks like just 3 short actions for this year (6.5 Creedmore, 7mm-08, .308), then more along with long actions next year. The FFL Dealer is in business to make a profit and your internet purchase may be viewed as competition to their retail business. CVA Hunter Compact Rifle -The Barrel is drilled and tapped to accept the CVA DEAD-ON scope mount . Now don’t get me wrong, there is a place for 16” .308’s, in fact my first .308 AR was a 16” rifle, and I built it to be easily carried in the brushy woods of Western Washington State. Personally, I didn’t think I would find much use for it on the Cascade. We’ve looked at a lot of modern rifles, and classic rifles made for a modern market, but it is time to shift to a different pace. Ruger Precision Rifle | Source: ultimatereloader.com. Shopping with us is absolutely safe - you never have to worry about credit card safety when shopping here... © 2020 Copyright,entire contents by CTD, Inc. Cheaper Than Dirt!

While the simple iron sights leave something to be desired, the addition of a scope allows you to tap the accuracy of the powerful .308 round.

In fact it is a hard one to answer. We hope you found this guide useful, and that it will help you in selecting your best 308 rifle. order number. But our philosophy tells us that the best .308/7.62 NATO rifles are awesome no matter what label you put on them, and having meditated on the problem, we believe these are two .308 tactical rifles. It’s a little heavy at about 3.5 pounds, but it is the absolute most crisp trigger I’ve ever had on a factory hunting rifle. Remember, the FFL Dealer is doing you a favor and the process takes time to complete. Having the extra clearance between my hand and the scope was really nice, something I’ve gotten used to after shooting Tikka rifles. Now we get into old fashioned traditionalism here. ***UPDATE*** CVA reached out after publication and informed me that what I thought was a QC miss is probably incorrect. Quality of these builds range from top quality to questionable. This week we’re taking a look at the first-ever bolt-action rifle from muzzleloading-powerhouse CVA—the Cascade.Introduced last year, the rifle has been upgraded for 2020 to include a flat dark earth Cerakote finish on its 4140 carbon-steel barrel and action, as well as a new Veil Wideland camo finish on its fiber-glass reinforced synthetic stock.

Firearm transfer must be the actual transferee/buyer. I would be curious to know if you even looked at any Brownings before you wrote this article. For starters, DPMS played an important role in creating the market for .308 AR style rifles. Equipped with a lightweight alloy receiver, and free floating American walnut stock with laser cut checkering, this is a lever action rifle that not only pulls you back to the romance of the Old West, but also sees to the needs of modern shooters with modern ammo.

This single-shot rifle comes in a … Paired with an SWFA SS 2.5-10x Ultralight scope, from start to finish I’ve been really impressed with the Cascade. The  Howa KRG Bravo is a superior quality .308 bolt action rifle that is more than capable of being used as a sniper rifle, but won’t break the bank. Sometimes the name of a rifle tells us a lot about it. The CrushZone Recoil pad is designed to handle recoil exceptionally well for those young shooters. Well, the answer is simplicity and tradition. That said, this is absolutely accurate enough to ethically hunt with.

Despite that, several 3-round groups I shot were well within 1 MOA -- thus fulfilling their guarantee.