tag the user who has changed the most in last 6 months(jn a good way), Confessions of a Revising Freak - a year 12/13 GYG, damn he's/she's fine - a self-love thread ♥. Say the first word that you think of when you see the word above, University College London Applicants' Thread 2021, How To Balance Cu + HNO3 = Cu(NO3)2 + NO + H2O, Edexcel AS/A Level Chemistry Student Book 1 Answers. Those … Giant covalent such as graphite has an indefinite number of atoms i.e. Is buckminsterfullerene a simple molecular substance or a giant covalent substance?

im sorry for the nconveniece but i have tried putting in my answer as: but my answer was wrong..and this is where i got lost, hydrogen, dipole-dipole, and lodon dispersion did work :), hydrogen bonding - C2H5OH has hydrogen bonding since H is internally bonded to O, covalent bonding - yes, all the bonds in C2H5OH have high covalent character, hydrogen bonding is a weak covalent bond between molecules, dipole-dipole attractions - yes, C2H5OH has a net dipole moment, London dispersion forces - yes, all molecules exhibit London dispersion forces, Note: Your question asked about intermolecular forces (collectively known as van der Waals forces). Where are the answers in the aqa chemistry a level textbook? _Aqsxo Badges: 6. Note: Your question asked about intermolecular forces (collectively known as van der Waals forces). Those are London dispersion forces, dipole-dipole attraction and hydrogen bonding. For the memorization of bonding nature following rules should be keep in mind. Can we get to 10,000 posts before Halloween?

=============== Follow up =================. The covalent bonds are WITHIN C2H5OH i.e.

Need tips :), Is uni the right decision for you? ============== More follow up ===============. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. 7)C2H5OH covalent (this is ethanol) 8)ALPO4 (its aluminum phosphate, ionic) 9)FeCl, ionic (iron III +, Cl (group 7)_ 10)P2O5, covalent.

Chemistry AQA C2, difference between giant covalent, giant ionic and giant molecular!

But we can still include covalent bonding because of the covalent nature of hydrogen bonding. Simple molecular means you don't have covalent bonds between each C2H5OH, they are standalone.

This is a weak form of attraction that holds the C2H5OH molecule together, and can easily be broken by a polar solvent such as water. 24 grams of magnesium metal reacts with 16 grams of oxygen gas to form magnesium oxide according to the law of conservation of mass how much magnesium oxide will there be after the chemical change is complete. 5)covalent, even though it is a polyatomic ion (charged) 6)LiBr (group 1) ionic. D (i) List the following substances in order of increasing boiling point (lowest first). Sometimes my pulse beat so quickly and hardly that I felt the palpitation of every artery; at others, I nearly sank to the ground through languor and extreme weakness. The covalent bonds are WITHIN C2H5OH i.e. carbons all tied together sharing electrons.

Hydrogen bonding and dipole dipole attractions.

S8 is not giant. Suppose that the economy enters a recession and real GDP falls we would expect * the money demand curve to shift to the left.

You cannot know how many atoms there are in giant covalent substances (note I do not call them molecules, although some refer to them as macromolecules, I don't like the term).

I really don't understand. covalent bonding - yes, all the bonds in C2H5OH have high covalent character, hydrogen bonding is a weak covalent bond between molecules. Only 8 S are tied together using covalent bonds - this is hardly giant. ?

© 2020 Education Expert, All rights reserved. Which of the following molecules are stabilized by delocalized  orbitals? Whereas, the (Select all that apply.). There can be more than one answer..

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out. S8 is not giant covalent.