Haven’t been this excited in a long time. It's an A2 with a 20" gov't profile 1:7 chrome bore and chamber barrel.

The Match Target is one of four civilian rifles manufactured by Colt. It's an A2 with a 20" gov't profile 1:7 chrome bore and chamber barrel. I don't think that Colt is presently producing the MT6551, but you should check KY Imports, Kiesler's, and CDNN Inv. Point is, the gun’s barrel says 1/9 but you can shoot 77 gr bullets in it and even some of the bullets as long as the 75gr A-max . While I have SSA-E triggers on almost all of my semi’s I have never felt the need to use on the 6724, The installed trigger is just fine for me. That is  20 rounds, with one “flyer” that the case neck had split when it fired.

I mentioned this article and linked it from my website today.

I own this one and in the process of replacing the trigger with a SSA-E, and magpul MIAD grip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olt Collectors Association on the Internet: https://www.facebook.com/coltcollectorsassociation/, https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-/123-304266/?fbclid=IwAR0OKKokNEv2eX3Npab-uTNHKCd-994Tzzl9tSG-noBjymEGknOtq26eBxg, "A site dedicated to the history of the Colt AR-15 rifles, carbines and associated items", Arms Unlimited MK12 HBAR Semi-Auto 18″ Special Purpose Rifle, Colt / Arms Unlimited MK 12 HBAR LE Rifle History, Colt R0750 Light Machine Gun (LMG) / Light Automatic Rifle, R6701 Competition HBAR Custom Shop Limited Edition, Colt President Gary French AR-15A2 Delta HBAR, LE6920 SOCOM I (2013) (KAC Rail) (Blue Label), LE6920 SOCOM I (2013) (KAC Rail) (White Label), Colt Scout Red Dot Sight by C-MORE Systems, Arms Unlimited Colt MK12 HBAR 18″ Upper Receiver Assembly, LE6920SCMCK- KAC M4 RAS/Removable Carry Handle, Factory Accessories, Parts and Individual Lower Receivers, Arms Unlimited LE6940P Piston Carbine Lower Receiver, Brownells LE6920 M4 Carbine Lower Receivers, .223 4-Position Sliding Buttstock Assembly SPK94769, India Multi-Caliber Assault Rifle (MCAR) Collapsible, Folding Stock, 5.56 20-Round Magazine, 1983 Military Packaging, 5.56 20-Round Magazine 2013 Retail Package, AR-15 Comanche Operation and Maintenance Manual, Colt Licensed Accessories (Firearm cases, cleaning kits, range bags, etc. Looking forward to nailing some of the local high desert coyotes here in NM.

Curious, but do the Match Target models have magnaflux testing done to the barrels and bolts, like Colts M-4s are? Try the EE or gunsamerica.com colt listings, I got one a couple years ago from a dealer I found there. Now, if you are thinking that you would like to have one of these guns but would change the barrel out, hold on a second. Unlike the vast majority of it’s  “peers” at the time and even a lot now still, the key is properly staked like all colt rifles and carbines.

More on those in another post. by a wide margin.

The Match Target features a 16.1″ barrel in three variations, while the MT6700 utilizes a 20″ barrel. Nothing personal, but I just simply don't agree with you. I emphatically agree! Now we have the 75gr TAP round above. The buffer is a standard rifle buffer and colt sends an “accu wedge” with each rifle. Field and Stream: The Science of Shooting Deer: Wayne Van Zwoll on Long Range Shots.

And add a rest sight handle or flip up style?

This is going to be a two parter and the extended range testing will be in part 2. Not likely to get as many cool gun prom points as M-lok or keymod, but completely usable and comfortable for shooting off bags or prone with a sling.

Not screwed on or some other lousy method that is not as tough and durable.

HBAR: A barrel that in some portion is thicker than government-profile, usually underneath … +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!! All Rights Reserved.

I fired the gun off the bench with a rest and bags using my handloads and some  factory match ammo.

What about shot peening? Sorry to say I  not only do not own one,  but I have never seen on in person. The 10X colt/C-more is pictured below. It should come as no surprise the Ruger name is synonymous with value, and its’ AR-556 looks to fit this mold as an entry-level AR-15 with a reasonable MSRP.

It is the most accurate gun i have ever owned.It has a NikonM223 scope at 4-16X42 BDC.I can easily put groups within an inch at 150 yards. Picture of the rare gun below . What they had no real way of knowing, and what I only found out about 10 years ago myself  from Colt employee is that the barrels are actually closer to 1/8.5 inch twist with the exact twist being a little on the  faster side. If it was a 9 inch of 7 inch twist either one, I can’t imagine any complaints.

At ranges  from 0 to 300 you can see what your gun’s barrel is made of with this load. This may very well be the first time a lot of people will have heard of this model but the fact is, Colt has been making it since around 1997 give or take a year. I don’t own one of these optics and never got to try one but all accounts I have heard of the optic have rated it first class. Shooting accuracy is measured in units known as minute of angle, or MOA.

Though IWI's X95, released in 2016, usurps the SAR, my Tavor SAR is still part of the family. But that claim did take some kinda of hold obviously as we all still see cheaper guns usually almost always using the 1/9 twist. The barrel profile is either an M4 Govt The added barrel length helps make the MT6700 the heaviest Match Target rifle (8.5 lbs.) It’s more accurate than I’ll ever be!

Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ad906ba23a5375c4d6989cd4adc80431" );document.getElementById("df29a53cf4").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Notify me of follow-up comments by email.

As a matter of fact I bought my 6724 largely because of this article. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Also known as the the CARA3 HBAR Elite  according to its roll mark and  Model CR6724 for everyone who works at  Colt or those of us who are obsessive enough to refer to Colts by their internal model numbers. It’s a single stage trigger and it doesn’t break like a glass rod, but it is far and away better than a milspec trigger. Thanks again for setting the record straight on why this rifle is such a tack driver! Better for the gun to be 200 bucks cheaper than try to please everyone with whatever brand they chose. If you didn’t know by the image above, this is the Colt Accurized Rifle. I also have a 6724 and added the PRS stock as well. The two terms are not mutually exclusive, and it is possible to have a match grade HBAR rifle, but not all HBARs are match grade. The 73gr bullet is still a bit long and I have my doubts about it working in a true 1/9 twist even if the weight makes it seem like it would.

Many rifles are suitable for hunting because most game animals are killed from distances of 200 yards or less. Match barrels are built specifically for accuracy, and are built for an accuracy of 1 MOA or less. The original Colt AR-15 Sporter had been on the market since 1963, but interest in it was mainly confined to military gun buffs and military veterans. At 200 yards 1 MOA is two inches square, and at 300 yards 1 MOA is a three-inch grouping. I've got a pre-ban Colt Sporter Match Hbar R6601 (no bayo lug), that I've always thought had a chrome lined barrel.