my wife was standing in the doorway & began screaming. the dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of failure.

i have been in the fire service for over 35 years, have seen many different types of fires and this is definitely a condition that should be addressed asap. the next week i went to exit the parking lot of our safeway store to go on to the main street. tl* the contact owns a 2007 chrysler aspen. account information here. when i advise the service representative of what i had been told and what the service order stated. *ak updated 03/07/07*jb, Reported in: WEXFORD PA || Crash: Y || VIN #: 1A8HW58267F, i own a 2007 chrysler aspen with 1500 miles on this vehicle. the car had shifted out of gear several times before (usually while i was in reverse) and had been reported to chrysler, but because they couldn't get the car to do it while it was in the shop, they refused to fix it. (104 problems).

we are quite certain this is not what happened. The official contact points of the Member and EFTA-EEA States provide the information published in these weekly overviews.

almost ran in to house. If the problem is corrected in time, it may not affect the overall reliability of your Chrysler Aspen.

they refused to order a replacement tank without me bringing the vehicle in and then filling it up with fuel so they could observe the problem. The Commission nor the car-recalls.eu does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. But in our testing of the Durango with that engine it returned just 13 mpg overall. the failure was not reported to the dealer, for diagnostic testing. the contact stated that when activating the left turn signal, the right turn signal light would activate erroneously. The full list is available on CarComplaints.com. It seats eight and has electronic stability control with roll mitigation, and three-row side-curtain air bags. this is a major fire hazard as well as safety hazard for me, my passengers and anyone pumping gas in there own cars at the pump across from me. i called a tow truck to pick my car up and carry to the dealership as i was too scared to try and drive it again. Overall the worst problem category is Chrysler Aspen electrical problems. the halt was very abrupt and "mechanical" as if something was being caught - the first time this happened a passenger in the car thought the car struck something in reverse. i have since traded in the vehicle for another brand because of these issues. he stated unfortunately they had, several customer complaints about the loud unusual noise and that chrysler had been notified, but at the present moment chrysler had no resolution on how to fix the problem and until they came up with a resolution there was nothing they could do. *jb, Reported in: MYRTLE BEACH SC || Crash: N || VIN #: 1A8HX58P47F.

the failure was experienced several times. PainRank™ is a relative complaint analysis of the the 65 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 3 model years. in speaking with the tire repair shop they indicated the chrysler sensors use a white metal thread section which commonly fails in cold climates. a chrysler investigator came out the day following this incident. i replaced the fog light.

driver's seat belt is very difficult to unfasten and is getting worse. the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The good news is that automakers usually provide unlimited time to correct such defects for free. when activating the left turn signal the right would activate. Reported in: WINTER SPRINGS FL || Crash: N || VIN #: 1A8HX58297F.

it was stopped when it crashed into a garage and a toyota prius. it is potentially very dangerous. i had the light and fixture replaced. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Overall the worst problem category is Chrysler Aspen electrical problems.

*jbto contact chrysler to see what could have caused the problem and that a mechanic would drive it to see if they could recreate the problem. Reported in: FLINTSTONE GA || Crash: N || VIN #: 1A8HX58277F. then on 02/28 the engine light came on requiring an new evaporative emissions sytem ecim switch had to be replaced at a cost of $178.17.

tl* - the contact's vehicle was involved in rear end crash. The only problem I … 2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited I have absolutely no problems with my vehicle.

i have been to several different gas stations so as to rule out pump malfuctions and it happens every time at every gas station i visit, Reported in: KINGWOOD TX || Crash: N || VIN #: 1A8HW58287F. The 2008 Chrysler Aspen has the most overall complaints, & we also rate 2008 as the worst model year ranked on several factors such as repair cost & average mileage when problems occur. Time-sensitive, free repairs for widespread safety problems.

Bump the Aspen problem graphs up another notch. the contact sustained minor cuts and bruises. i have used multiple gas pumps and it is not fuel station related. 190 problems have been reported for the 2008 Chrysler Aspen.

called the dealer and they said the vehicle will probably need a fuel tank due to a possible defect in the rollover valve located on top of the tank. tl*the contact owns a 2007 chrysler aspen. When It Comes to Gear Selectors, Drivers Prefer the Simplicity of Old-School Shifters. while driving approximately 5 mph, the contact drove over a puddle of water and the steering became difficult to maneuver. the failure mileage was 60000. the current mileage was 60100. the manufacturer was notified of the defect. Reported in: AITKIN MN || Crash: N || VIN #: 1A8HW58217F.

luckily, he was not driving the car as he would not have had the experience to handle this accident without fatally injuring himself and/or others. the vehicle was currently at the body shop where it was being fixed.

It's really reliable & the features are absolutely amazing! the aspen lurched backwards approximately fifty feet at a very high rate of speed, just after being put into reverse. additionally, when selecting the high speed wiper, the wiper would operate at slow speeds and sometimes when selecting slow speed the wipers would operate at fast speed. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are.

A road map to auto industry ownership and partnerships. they looked at it and told me a rock had broke it. there was a recall for this problem for the dodge durango's, but i am not able to find one for the aspen. tl* the contact owns a 2007 chrysler aspen. Reported in: KNOXVILLE OH || Crash: N || VIN #: 1A8HW58P07F. the vehicle was not repaired. the contact stated that gasoline spilled to the ground whenever the fuel tank was filled. tl*the contact owns a 2007 chrysler aspen. cannot feel the road whatsoever. it is just a matter of time before gasoline gets into someone's eyes or causes serious injury to someone in my family, this can not be safe. in feb while i was backing out of our garage the car lurched violently when i put it in reverse & jumped about 3 feet. the contact stated that when driving at various speeds, the vehicle would jerk toward the right without warning. some glass came in afterwards and fell on me and my son. the wipers would intermittently malfunction and cause the wipers to become inoperable orit would operate abnormally. i also have problems with my the turn signals, the signal selected was opposite of the signal activated. when i spoke to the dealer, they acted as if they had never heard of this problem in any chrysler vehicle, but said it might be happening on the jeep liberty. the vehicle was neither repaired nor taken to an authorized dealer for inspection or repairs. i pushed the brake pedal down very hard and it would not stop the vehicle,i had to place the transmission into neutral and switch the ignition off to stop the car. the manufacturer was contacted about the failure. less than a month after purchasing vehicle the gas tank would projectile vomit gasoline if filled more than 3/4 full.

the vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the right steering knuckle was cracked.

You will get digital access to reviews and ratings for over 8,500 products and services If you wish to know more about eventual problems of a specific car (e.g. Our list of 17 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your Chrysler Aspen. the contact also indicated that the windshield wiper would intermittently malfunction and cause the wiper to become inoperable or it would operate abnormally. The system has grown over the years, both in size and features, but the …, The propellent Takata used is exploding with such force that it's ripping the inflators into tiny metal fragments and shooting them in the direction of vehicle occupants. the contact stated that upon starting the vehicle, the air bag light was illuminating on the instrument panel. A fault in the gas generator of the front passenger airbag may cause uncontrolled inflation when the airbag is activated and … . i was doing 65 mph at the time.

i was driving down the freeway near a military base and there weren't any vehicles close to me. the dealer said unless it happens with them in the vehicle they cannot find the issue.