8. The name of the high school, in which Brennan (Will Ferrell) performs during the talent show, and gets made fun of by Derek (Adam Scott), is Great Valley High School, which is the name of the High School. The kitschy t-shirts that Ferrell and Riley wore throughout the movie were meticulously vetted from “racks and racks” of choices. Crazy Credits In the commentary, Adam McKay said that they originally went to Catalina Island for location shots, and discovered that he didn't really like it. Thomas Lennon and Jon Hamm were both up for the role of “the one they call Derek” ultimately won by Adam Scott. Bullying Dale and Brennan as well as others. Catalina Island appears in several shots, and McKay chose not to have it digitally edited out, as a joke.

| When Chris and his friends try to attack them again, Dale and Brennan successfully defeat them with so little effort until the rest of the kids evacuate immediately leaving Dale and Brennan to capture Chris to punish him for his misdeeds.

Scott's hilariously douchey portrayal basically turned him into a comedy star overnight. And I said, 'Let’s do it one more time. | "There’s this final moment where Richard Jenkins is talking to Will and John after they’d just blown up the Catalina Wine Mixer. Will Ferrell does his own singing. Davey Faragher and Pete Thomas.

Do you love movies? Unfortunately, scheduling issues prevented this from ever happening. On set, after the first take of Kathryn Hahn’s improvised "vagina monologue", the whole crew was so impressed that they spontaneously broke into applause. "I find a temp job for his character to get to Catalina Island for the third act. He had a little brother named Derek, who he showed how to fly a kite, which showed their brotherly friendship. Step Brothers (2008) Trivia. Connections Ferrell is really singing and Reilly is really drumming in the event saving scene at the Catalina Wine Mixer.

Step Brothers The goal was for the step brothers to look like actual children, as opposed to ironically clad hipsters. He recently starred with John C Reilly in The Sisters Brothers.

Joaquin Phoenix claims to have seen this film more times than he has seen any other movie.

Adam Scott is also in Party Down (2009), as a caterer. The book that Nancy is reading during the bunk bed scene is "Walking on Eggshells: Navigating the Delicate Relationship Between Adult Children and Parents" by Jane Islay.

"I wanna roll you up in a little ball and shove you up my vagina.

Travel back in time to check out the early roles of some of Hollywood's heavy hitters. Chris' wife, Sally Gardocki, is a real estate attorney. And I go, 'Yeah, fuck it, just tell them the story. Join thousands of other users in fan casting your favorite stories. Report This. McKay attended Great Valley High School in Malvern, Pa. 5.

11. This is a reference to Ken Jeong's character (Alan Duck) in the series Party Down (2009), who owns Party Down Catering. Showing all 35 items. Voila! According to Ferrell, “We had a whole story where John and I follow our parents to live in a retirement community and try to convince them that we earned the right to retire as well.”, “Unadulterated Joy: An Oral History of ‘Step Brothers.’”. And goes, 'You just want me to make it up right now?' Crimes During Dale's job interview, Ken Jeong says he knows of a catering company that is looking for people. The end product is a veritable feast for Step Brothers superfans, and it's definitely way better than being forced to eat white dog crap. Since its release on July 25, 2008, the movie Step Brothers has become a certified cultural phenomenon. Mary Steenburgen played Will Ferrell's stepmother in Elf (2003). Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. John C. Reilly and Adam Scott appeared in The Aviator (2004). Kathryn Hahn (Alice) and Adam Scott (Derek) appeared in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013). Christopher "Chris" Gardocki is the secondary antagonistfrom the 2008 live action film Step Brothers. It was just a one-minute scene and quite frankly if I were directing it, I’d be like, 'Look, we gotta beat the clock guys, let’s just get this out in 20 minutes so we can get this in before lunch, I am starving.'". Since its release on July 25, 2008, the movie Step Brothers has become a certified cultural phenomenon. In the bathroom scene at the restaurant after seducing Dale, Alice says "Stay golden Ponyboy" a reference to the 1967 book by S.E.

Brennan says he smoked pot with Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering. And I was like, 'Just try it.' Goofs The drum set, that the band "Uptown Girl" uses at the party, is the same drum set that belongs to Dale (John C. Reilly). There is a Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, which is also mentioned in the lyrics to the opening song "A-Punk" by the New York City band Vampire Weekend, and although it's not exactly called "Johnny", the famous Johns Hopkins hospital is in Baltimore, Maryland. Do you know the perfect person for this role?

The second collaboration between Will Ferrell and Kathryn Hahn. AbuseOppression Who do you think should play Chris Gardocki in Step Brothers (1988) ? Evil-doer During Dale's job interview, Ken Jeong says he knows of a catering company that is looking for people. The sword Brennan shows to Dale is a replica of Connor MacLeod's katana from Highlander (1986). The drummer and bass player with Horatio Sanz at the Catalina Wine Mixer are part of Elvis Costello's Imposters. Take 30 seconds to create a completely free profile, which will allow you to: What if Step Brothers was made in the 1980s. Chris Gardocki is the bully of Dale Doback (and eventually Brennan Huff) as he appears to be very arrogant, abusive, ruthless and physically oppressive when taking the pleasure to bully and harass Dale Doback as seen when he (alongside the other kids) show no remorse for any action he takes.