This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. He does quality work with a friendly smile. The statements expressed above are only for informational purposes and should be independently verified. Step 5: Press and hold the “CHECK” button. Found it... wow that was easy LOL. Mercedes-Benz SLK280 - Oil Change - Friendswood, Texas, John was very courteous and professional. If more than 500 miles have been driven after an oil change without resetting the OLMS, the oil change interval should be defaulted back to 3,000 miles. These cookies do not store any personal information. This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. Repairs covered by 12-month/12,000-mile warranty. Chevrolet Sonic Owner Manual - 2013 - 2nd PrintReady - 10/11/12 Black plate (4,1) iv Introduction {WARNINGThese mean there is something that could hurt you or other people. GM recommends that an oil change should be completed within two fuel tank fill-ups from when the first message was displayed. Many warning lights come on with the ignition and should go out just after the engine starts. Such maintenance tasks should always be performed by a qualified technician. With you key on but not started hit menu till you get to the tire learn the. This is the manufacturer’s commitment to the sub-compact segment targeting young consumers with an affordable price tag. Good Luck! These issues have multiple causes, from defective wiring, shorted fuse panels and in some cases defective... Hi There, This can be caused by a loose battery cable which is often times the problem. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Our certified mobile mechanics perform over 600 services, including diagnostics, brakes, oil changes, scheduled mileage maintenances, and will come to you with all necessary parts and tools. Step 4 : Turn ignition off. Oil Warning Light The Chevy Sonic oil warning light comes on in red either because the engine oil level is low or because of low oil pressure. Explained other areas of my truck I should look into getting serviced soon. The grinding sound may be coming from a rear output shaft. Simple and Quick tutorial on how to reset the engine oil change light on Chevrolet Sonic. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Oil reset is complete. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above. Plus the presence of fog lamps and proportional confirmed it.

When the remaining oil life is low, the Change Engine Oil Soon message will appear on the display. Lighter, more moderate driving conditions and temperature will require less frequent oil changes and maintenance, while more severe driving conditions will require more frequent oil changes and maintenance. For second generation models (2007-2013): Step 2: Press the accelerator pedal to the floor three times within five seconds. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. Dodge Ram 1500 - Oil Change - Acworth, Georgia. I think if it's a stick, you have to have the parking brake on, too. Please see our, Ford Transit-350 - Oil Change - Friendswood, Texas. In addition, a new front fascia design adds a dramatic appearance. © After the oil has been changed and the system reset, normal use of Made with ♥ in Silicon Valley. Our certified mobile mechanics make house calls in over 2,000 U.S. cities. the car can be running but needs to be stationary. For the list of fault code numbers, see.

Car tires are important to staying safe on the road. Many warning lights come on with the ignition and should go out just after the engine starts.

Step 3: Turn off the ignition once the light stops flashing. Switch up or down till u get to oil, I don't use that indicator it waits to long for me, my gmc would go 7500 miles before that indicator would say 0. find it on the turn signal stalk by hitting menu no more than three times, you may see lang set tire learn or oil life when you get the correct menu you will need to turn the stick to cycle through it to find oil life.

Luckily, the days of the standardized manual maintenance schedule are coming to an end. I highly recommend Raymond as an awesome and reliable mechanic. Dodge Challenger - Oil Change - Las Vegas, Nevada. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.

After moving to Texas 6 years ago, John is the first mechanic I trusted and look forward to using again. Smart technology, like the Oil-Life Monitor (OLM) system from General Motors (GM), automatically monitors the oil life in your vehicle using an advanced algorithm, on board computer system that alerts owners when it’s time for an oil change, so they can address the issue promptly and without hassle. Click here, choose your vehicle and service or service package, and book an appointment with us today. Read the table below to see how the OLM system determines oil life: The oil life meter is located on the information display on the dashboard, and will count down from 100% oil life to 0% oil life as you continue to drive the vehicle, at which point the computer will trigger a reminder for you to “Change Engine Oil Soon.” Around the 15% oil life threshold, the computer will remind you that an “Oil Change Is Required,” giving you ample time to plan ahead to have your vehicle serviced.