BFND. We loved him then and we love him still. BFND class of '85. I am proud to be a Cy-Fair Bobcat and to have known you.

Coach Watkins was a great coach and a wonderful man - the Class of 68 will always remember him with great respect.I am sure his family has nothing but lover and respect for him.

What is right is always in our deepest heart of hearts. You are among God's favorites because you have an enromous legacy, and we are blessed to have been in your care. My wife, Suzanne, chimed in that we were both from Houston. As has already been said over and over...He was a leader of all leaders, caring, loving, honest, respectful and so dedicated to his student body and staff. Even though our school was over crowded, you took the time to speak to us as we passed in the halls. . I was touched by your kindness and ability to always refer to me by my first name in the halls of Cy Fair. Watson is the host of The Carlos Watson Show, a daily interview show airing on the OZY YouTube channel, which launched in August 2020,[4] and has featured interviews with Terry Crews, Malcolm Gladwell, Rep. Karen Bass, David Oyelowo, Tomi Lahren and Baker Mayfield.[5]. He was a true inspiration and will be missed by many. 2016 Clemson Tigers football—consensus national champions, 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship, "ESPNU 150 DT Carlos Watkins to the Tigers", "Carlos Watkins thriving near end of Clemson career derailed by car wreck", "Two years after car wreck, Clemson's Watkins making quiet comeback", "Clemson DT Watkins grateful for return to football", "Watkins' decision to return to school is benefiting him and Clemson", "Amid honors, Watkins aims to finish strong", "College Football Championship - Clemson vs Alabama Box Score, January 9, 2017", "Texans take Clemson DT Carlos Watkins in 4th rd", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Carlos_Watkins&oldid=977985269, People from Cleveland County, North Carolina, Players of American football from North Carolina, Houston Texans currentteam parameter articles, Infobox NFL biography articles missing alt text, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 12 September 2020, at 05:07. Thank you Mr. Watkins. I was just so lucky to be around him thru the years, and will always remember the 40 th national championship basketball reunion I attended earlier this year, and seeing him turning 93 and getting my picture taken with him, wow I was totally honored.

He was an extraordinary individual who was an inspiration to us all. It is, after all, one heart touching another heart. What a dear man to many. Watkins!! Criminal or Civil Court records found on Carlos's Background Report Lawsuits, Liens or Bankruptcies found on Carlos's Background Report Criminal or Civil Court records found on Carlos's Family, Friends, Neighbors, or Classmates View Details.

OZY has struck top-tier partnerships across its business lines with A&E Networks,[25] iHeart Media,[26] Live Nation and others under Watson's leadership as CEO. But everyone knew that Cy-Fair was the house that Mr. Watkins built. I graduated from Cy-Fair in 1987 and was thrilled everyday I saw Mr. Watkins' smiling face in the hallway. He was truly a gentle giant that was loved by all.

"[16], Watson was a founder and investor in The Stimulist, a daily blog that operated from mid- to late 2009. With a prayer and a hug, I wish you a well deserved rest.

You are and forever will be loved and adored by the students who walked the halls of CyFair during your tenure there. You will missed coach. Carlos Watkins' Reputation Profile. Now go with that legacy & make him proud! We loved you, Mr. Watkins!

All of those who once roamed the halls of Cy-Fair High will not likely ever forget Mr. Watkins easy smile or kind words he had ready for all his students and teachers. I will pray for peace for the family. Carlos Watson (born September 29, 1969) is an American entrepreneur and multi-Emmy-winning journalist and television host. Instagram Show More Show Less 17 of 18. BFDN Class of 1988, Mr. Watkins was indeed an inspiration to thousands. We shared an office in '93 and became not only "roomies" but friends. We grads of CFHS only have the fondest of thoughts and memories of our dearest Carlos!! Never, in all of my years of teaching, have I attended a school function where the entire student body and community stood and cheered its principal.

I remember Mr. Watkins always smiling. We have lost a treasure, but his memory and example will live on in the hearts and minds of all those he touched. A former contributor on MSNBC and anchor on CNN, he founded media company OZY in 2013, and has hosted numerous OZY TV shows for networks including Hulu, Amazon Prime, PBS, BBC Worldwide, A&E, History and the Oprah Winfrey Network, the latter of which won an … I am proud to have been a teacher at Watkins Middle School for the past 19 years. [5] As a senior, Watkins was named an All-ACC for the second consecutive year. Thank you for your example of integrity and passion for education. Coach Watkins was an extraordinary man who exuded integrity, compassion, encouragement, god humor,and honor. God bless. I had not seen Coach since he moved to Rockwall with Pam, but I always heard how he was doing from my Mom as they spoke regularly. Thank you for touching my life and for caring. He will be missed.

Thank you, God, for the gift of Mr. Watkins. Watson has hosted and moderated each annual OZY Fest event in New York City's Central Park since its inception in 2016, featuring guests including John Legend, Trevor Noah, Padma Lakshmi, Malcolm Gladwell, Issa Rae, Laverne Cox, Mark Cuban, Awkwafina, Tove Lo and Hillary Clinton. Mr. Watkins will always be remembered as those of us, many of us, that were lucky enough to know him cary his legacy forward for many generations to come. Michael Cernosek (class of 83' ) ( Cypress, Tx.). Miriam Parrott Brabham -Class of '68. What are the chances?? Our lives are better because of his guidance. You taught us to know what to do, what to say, how to be. All my best to the Watkins family. i tank him for his wise guidance- class of 1973, I can't imagine the halls of CFHS without Mr. Watkins. Someone asked me yesterday, "Who is Carlos Watkins?" It was so wonderful to see him last year at the Class of ’80 reunion. Send your deepest condolences with fresh flowers. The amount of love his students and faculty have for him is amazing.

I imagine that few principals are thought of with so much love so long after their students have gone on to graduate! To your family, thank you for sharing you father. Dean Underwood -- class of '86. He was a true inspiration and will be missed by many. Mr. Watkins retired when i was a sophmore. Your impact on generations of Cy-Fair students is immeasurable.

Kathi "Frayler" Nuñez, Class of '80 BFND!! Carlos Watson (born September 29, 1969) is an American entrepreneur and multi-Emmy-winning journalist and television host. Being labeled a problem child early in life, Carlos was asked to leave kindergarten in 1974, but entered first grade the next year. Rest in peace. I just wish more people would have had him around to guide them as they grew up. What a legacy of wisdom, humor, and love of his family is left to share.

And then he asked if I had known the principal, Carlos Watkins! Sorry for the loss of the greatest principil in all of Cy-Fair History.

Mike and Linda(Howard) Baskin, Bedias,Tx. I found this out when word of his passing spread; friends one and all had "a Mr. Watkins story," and every one of the stories came with a graduation date. Watson began a television career in 2002 with guest appearances on Fox News and Court TV as a political analyst. Mr. Watkins, you were truly one of a kind.

Heaven has a great man, coach and my friend tonight. I hope that knowing what a truly wonderful man Mr. Watkins was and how many lives he influenced in such a positive way will ease the sadness.

Edit Profile. May God help his family in their grief. So glad you were a part of my life.

Born in Toronto (my daughter lives there), moved to Houston when 9 - attended among others Baylor Medical School (getting more interesting), hobby is playing the French Horn (I am/was a professional horn player, now retired). The show was scheduled to air at 11 p.m. EST on Tuesdays.[21]. A one-of-a-kind fellow with a beautiful spirit. May you now rest peacefully within God's Glorious Kingdom. My family moved to the Cy-Fair District in 1953 about the time that Carlos and his family moved here. My deepest sympathy to his family and loved ones.

He did indeed pour out his life in dedication to CFHS. [7] On Labor Day, 2003, he hosted a highly rated prime-time interview show on CNBC featuring Howard Dean, Joe Montana, and Eva Longoria. Bobcat Fight Never Dies. .only Mr. Watkins. God truly blessed us all through him, and his presence in our hearts will be a continued blessing to us all.

Thanks, Mr. Watkins for providing me and thousands of other Bobcats have a safe and nurturing place to grow up. Class of '65. Class of '84.

He will be missed and fondly remembered by all of us. When we had the video meeting (thanks to Covid-19), he asked what was my profession. So Sorry to hear of his passing.