Followed by stews, casseroles, soup, biscuits, scones or bread for lunch. What this means is that you can turn the lid over and it can be used as a skillet or griddle directly on the campfire. The fine porous surface also allows for better heat distribution and retention. Learn more about our Return December 6, 2017, Return Intricate historical images of the Lewis & Clark expedition are depicted in celebration of the 200th Anniversary of the Corps of Discovery. For entertaining large numbers Dutch ovens are a no-brainer... Let's not forget about cooking one-pot meals in other cooking pots such as multi-purpose cookers, slow cookers, rice cookers, braisers, and the list goes on. The Camp Chef Dutch Oven Thermometer feature… This is The Camp Chef Lewis & Clark Dutch oven for camping.It will hold up to 12 quarts and is made of seasoned cast iron.There is a handy deep dish lid that can also double as a skillet or serve trivet.

roasted meats with fresh vegetables afterward on to your favorite dessert or maybe just popped corn for a campfire snack. It is a quality product with some features that Dutch ovens at twice the price do not have. My article here is about why and how you should season new cast iron. Inside measurments are 11" X 4". 'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs'); Lewis & Clark Collectible Dutch Oven Candle. Shop now and get Free Value Shipping on most orders over $49 to the The lid can also double as a skillet or a serving trivet. Especially when camping we are relaxed and hungry from all that fresh air. I wanted to establish that the cast iron Dutch oven went on the trip for the sake of these two companies as well as for myself. The Camp Chef 6 qt Deluxe Dutch Camp Oven DO10CC is a traditional cast iron pot on steroids. This alone makes your camp cooking experience a lot easier as you can use both pieces to cook up a storm.

The Camp Chef 6 Quart Classic Dutch Oven features a Lewis & Clark Commemorative Edition Sacagawea Cast on the lid. Dr. Moulton is a Lewis and Clark Expedition scholar and has researched and written more about the expedition than anyone. In the summer of 2003 I attended a lecture by Professor Gary E. Moulton of the University of Nebraska. I began my research by reading the published journals of the expedition written by Lewis.

The lid of the Camp Chef DO-14 has an innovative thermometer channel. A recipe from a trusted chef will guide you in which pot or pan one must use for cooking a specific... Hi, I'm Michelle and I love cooking fresh hearty old-fashioned meals "IN ONE POT". 5 1/2 quarts, 9" diameter, 12 lbs. This Dutch oven is easy to maintain. Also, how many people does this 12-quart Dutch oven feed? I’ll give you some suggestions here…, Check out my article about the only accessories you actually need when using Dutch ovens.

Click here to check out the Camp Chef DO-14 Pre-Seasoned Deluxe 12-Quart 14 inches Dutch Oven. Sparkling Breaded Chicken. This was the perfect item for my husband as he camps regularly and cooks for large groups of people. Cast iron Dutch ovens are known the world overfor making hearty delicious meals. This site also participates in other Affiliate Programs and is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies. These cookies do not store any personal information. Cast iron Dutch ovens are known for making some of the most delicious meals, from slow roasted meats to your favorite fruit cobbler. “Read the journal expedition member Joseph Whitehouse kept and you will find the proof you need,” Dr. Moulton told me.