If you delay your smog test, you won’t get your…, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Joe Biden pushes closer to victory in race for the White House, If you delay your smog test, you won’t get your sticker: Roadshow. I was sheltering-in-place, so I sent the check, which was cashed, but I didn’t get the smog done until later and am still waiting for my new sticker.

If we made a special request, would the DMV waive smog certifications during the quarantine? Also, any discounts offered by the original station that inspected the vehicle will only be honored at the smog test station that made the offer. Gary Richards has covered traffic and transportation in the Bay Area as Mr. Roadshow since 1992. And all cars 1996 and newer are required to have a functioning OBD-II in order to pass. Will I risk a ticket by continuing to drive without a current sticker? The vehicle is undergoing change of ownership, or initial registration in the state of California.

Look for Gary Richards at Facebook.com/mr.roadshow, or contact him at mrroadshow@bayareanewsgroup.com or 408-920-5335.

My husband is immune-compromised. payment for the Smog Check. Up to $500 in emission-related repairs is available to consumers whose vehicles You may take your vehicle to any Smog Check station, unless it requires a Smog Check at a STAR station.

Please follow the link below to learn more about the Smog Check Hardship Repair Cost Waiver program.

Smog fees are now charged for newer gas-powered cars. idea retain your VIR paperwork in case the electronic transmission was not received If the vehicle passes the test, the vehicle information and test results are electronically obligations.

by the DMV. Q: I need a smog certificate. The State of California has several programs that are designed to help consumers who are having problems paying for smog related repairs. If you meet the qualifications, you will be granted a waiver that allows you to pass the test without the repairs. When the coast is clear, get that smog check, which the business can likely just transmit straight to the DMV. Following the initial failure, you must have spend a minimum of $650 on needed smog related repairs at a licensed test & repair station. Post was not sent - check your email addresses!

the DMV.

The money spent could have been personal or thorough the State Smog Check CAP program. to reduce emissions and cannot afford further repairs to pass the smog test.

A: Smog inspections are required during a diesel vehicle’s initial registration in California and once every two years thereafter.

You may take your vehicle to any Smog Check station, To make a Referee appointment, call (800) 622-7733.

The Repair Cost Waiver process is available if you have had some repairs performed