[Opinion] Actress and stand-up comedian Ashley Barnhill posted to Twitter in 2019 that “men against abortion are just jealous they’ll never know how good it feels to kill a baby.”. For some on the pro-choice side of the aisle, abortion is a joke.

“But our training regime meant that at times we were at the club from 7.30 am until 2pm, and combined with travel and games, it made it difficult to get anything done outside of netball.”. Stacey was frustrated that I might have to leave Australia, but she’s very like Lisa Alexander, who has been so supportive to me through this time.

We’ve known each for a long time – she was my captain when I first joined the Orioles – and have a deep level of respect for each other. “There is a camp in January, and a tour after that if I’m selected. The death toll after 47 years of legalized abortion has risen above 60 million. Caitlin Bassett’s lips are shredded and she can’t sleep. The rule was sprung on the competition just weeks before starting; no one knew just how it might play out and tactics were constantly under discussion. “They are not only both great coaches, but great people managers as well. Constellation Cup 2018. It’s a really exciting opportunity for me, and it will be nice to feel valued again.”. She said, “They gave me psychological support services, because they knew I was struggling. Bassett said, “She’s been fantastic. It really painted me as being aloof. Some candid chats with the Silver Ferns’ coach, Noeline Taurua, and new Diamonds’ coach, Stacey Marinkovich, followed.

Image Simon Leonard. “I’m sad to say goodbye to the GIANTS, and I’d like to thank my teammates, the coaching staff, corporate partners and all of the fans for their continued support, and I wish them all of the best for next season.”. NS EXCLUSIVE: Laura Langman – Risky Business, NS EXCLUSIVE: Simon Leonard grand final gallery, NS EXCLUSIVE: Marcela Massey grand final gallery, Netball Scoop Newsletter – Suncorp Super Netball – Grand final, 2020, 2020 SPAR Challenge – South Africa v Malawi (Nov). The Austin Chronicle notes that Barnhills’ strength is found “in the caustic, surprise one-liner” and that her “style frequently skews morbid, from the slow death of a relationship to actual, real, slow death.”. Turbocharged by, Race Pimp, Mad Maxine Waters Calls Black Trump Voters “Despicable”, “Shameful”, Will “Never Ever Forgive Them”, Just In: Diplomat Who Sparked Trump-Russia Probe Endorses Trump … Warns Public About Biden & The Risk He Poses. They guessed that I was finding it difficult, and my lack of court time was so very public.

I don’t care what side of that argument you’re on, or what style of humor amuses you. “What was particularly frustrating was that some teams that were really successful this year, Vixens and Lightning in particular, were using three shooters to their advantage. But across one hundred games for her country, Bassett’s learned how to fight, hard. Its twisted and evil. Not everyone gets the fairytale finish!’, “After some thought, I said, ‘Because I still feel like I’ve got more to achieve, Geitzy. “I went to the Giants with great intentions, but given the lack of court time I’ve had this season, it’s bewildering to think this was a team that chased me down to play for them.

So if the Diamonds want me training here over the Christmas/New Year break, I will do that.”. It’s been a complex process, and Bassett is deeply grateful to the Magic for their flexibility and patience with her. “Sitting on the bench when the team is winning, that’s fantastic. Image Simon Leonard. Keeping the ball in play while falling out of court is one of the tools Bassett has added to her game. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. “I’ve always loved playing netball in New Zealand, and their fans are so passionate.

It took a chat with ex teammate, Laura Geitz, to make her realise that she wasn’t done with netball. It’s a sensitive subject, but I think one thing that almost no one agrees with is the treatment of abortion as if it is a sacrament. Bassett is moving to the Magic on a one year contract, with the possibility of a further year’s extension.

Bassett will head to New Zealand in the new year to join the Waikato Bay of Plenty Magic in preparation for the 2021 season. (I linked to the video for reference, but I don’t recommend watching it). Thank you! Constellation Cup, 2018. The decision for Bassett to end her contract early and part ways with the club was a mutual agreement between both parties.

Bassett said that after a while she took it personally that she couldn’t get out on court.

Image Simon Leonard, Discussing the game with Kiera Austin, who Bassett rates as having a huge future with the Diamonds. While it might be easier and certainly less stressful, I don’t think I would feel fulfilled.”.

Copyright © 2020. Quad series 2018. She’s watched – largely from the bench – as her 16 year elite career has unravelled over just a few months. “Having been my franchise coach for two years, Noeline knows me inside and out, and I knew she’d be honest with me.

“So I’m looking forward to this opportunity, to life in New Zealand, and to trying something new while still playing elite netball.

“To experience the game in another country and play alongside and against some of the world’s best netballers is a really exciting challenge and valuable experience for me. Bassett believed that the Giants’ initial approach would be to play in the same way as usual, exploiting the extra scoring potential when they could. “They had a lot of conversations with me, and were keeping me balanced. Barnhill is known for her vulgar humor, and that’s likely what we are seeing in this post more than an actual statement on her beliefs about the unborn’s personhood. That sort of influence should die with her. Hopefully along the way I will also find out who I am in life other than an Australian netballer.”. Waiting for the game to start. The Giants took their first win in round 3, a game where Bassett played a full sixty minutes, shooting 47 goals at 89%. I’m going to let you in on a secret. Feature articles, editorials and co-author of "Shine: the making of the Australian Netball Diamonds". She said, “Teammates, ex teammates, friends and family have really supported me. The two were Diamonds’ stalwarts for many years, and their ability to push each other at trainings and for court time made the shooting end a stronger unit. Caitlin Bassett is currently in contract negotiations with the Giants after a horror Super Netball season for the Australian captain. Playing for the Lightning, against the Magpies Sharni Layton, 2018. As such, they can launch their one-liners at pro-lifers with a laugh, conveniently forgetting that many women live in depression and shame following their abortion. Caitlin Bassett: Burn Motherfucker, Burn!. Knowing that I had their support made me feel a lot calmer and more confident in the situation I was in.”, While spending so much time on the bench, Bassett took to riding an exercise bike during games, for, she said, two purposes. And with a disappointing year behind her and the decision made to move, Bassett is hoping that, finally, she will get some sleep again. “I think a lot of people might see us as two shooters competing for the same spot on court, but at the end of the day we are really good teammates and friends. Thank you to the phenomenal athletes, coaches and people in the netball world who open a door to their lives, and let me tiptoe in. “Yes, I’ve been lucky enough to win championships and medals in the past, and been able to play with amazing people, but I still think there’s something left in me that I can give to the sport.