Join our weekly newsletters for first dibs on new plants and products, restock updates, plant sales, growing tips and more.

Still haven't gotten all the kinks out of the video making progress but it's getting there. I am really pleased with the product and communication from this seller. Writersblock, I will get the harvest and use video up this winter after harvest.

Average Mature Height: 2-3 feet, Full sun to part shade under well-drained soil. Learn more. My kids can't even tell that they are not potatoes. I simply planted it in wood chips. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. Hypoxis hemerocallidea (Hypoxis rooperi) commonly known as African potato, African star grass, Bantu Tulip, Papa Silvestre Africana, and Pomme de Terre Sauvage d’Afrique, South African Star Grass and Sterretjie is a medicinal plant in the Hypoxidaceae family.The plant has no relationship with the potatoes you’re probably most familiar with. You can order now and request a custom weather hold until your preferred arrival date. I usually use the "counter butter" for just-cooked vegetables and toast, so of course it melts immediately. You can change your preferences any time in your Privacy Settings. If you’ve already done that, your item hasn’t arrived, or it’s not as described, you can report that to Etsy by opening a case. Thank you!

Average Mature Height: 2-3 feet, Full sun to part shade under well-drained soil. There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. Soil & Moisture: Rich, well-draining soil that is loose.

Potato Mint (for short) is an incredibly hardy and fast growing plant that thrives in hot/dry conditions. African Potatoe Mint (Plectranthus Rotundifolious) is a small potato-like tuber that looks and tastes like an Irish Potatoe and a Yam: see picture #7. Grows naturally on the island of Trinidad and Vietnam where the roots are famous for a Christmas dish (boiled or steamed). Commitment to Packaging and Shipping Sustainability. African Potato Mint / Chinese Potato / Plectranthus rotundifolius. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address.

100% Non-GMO open pollinated seeds. Shipping Office Closed 11/3 - 11/10. This plant is resilient and easy to grow in loose soil..........Well worth its price since is a Perennial and you eat it too.If you want to keep up with us please visit https://growhealth4u.com/ for a free gift.

We'll also send you delivery confirmation as soon as your order has been dropped off! Visit our Heat Packs page to learn more and purchase your heat pack. If you're searching for a unique, super low maintenance edible plant to add to your collection, then African Potato Mint is for you! I can’t wait to get these planted! So buy more pots, without the offending but beautiful Cleome or whatever. I planted them with some zinnias (pot on the left in the photo).

Enjoy. It makes a wonderful ground cover for drought prone areas with the added benefit of producing potato-like edible tubers, which can grow as large as 4 lbs! They root so easily, it isn't funny! You basically use like potato and they taste so close that if you don't tell someone they think they are. How can I update this chair without paying a professional?

All ideas might help. Hope to be able to add to my review onece my plants start flowering. We use plant-based, plastic-free, reusable, recyclable, biodegradable, AND compostable packaging materials.

African potato mint. Nice choice! There was a problem calculating your shipping. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. Drought We suggest contacting the seller directly to respectfully share your concerns. Fruit Grower Information. Yes! The most popular colour? Due to USDA restrictions, here's the list of a plants that we don't ship. Uses, Benefits, Cures, Side Effects, Nutrients in African Potato. Due to USDA restrictions, here's the list of a plants that we don't ship. African Potatoe Mint (Plectranthus Rotundifolious) is a small potato-like tuber that looks and tastes like an Irish Potatoe and a Yam: see picture #7. In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalisation, advertising, and to help our site function. Its leaves can also be used to wrap food and its young white flowers can also be cooked. Almost two easy.

It's in the mint family of plants and is indigenous to parts of Africa and India. Right now I am working on a wooden bookcase my hubby got from his ma and wanted to throw it out. I love to work with wood. Update: they are growing so well in containers! I just love old furniture. $14.95. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsy’s Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. Delicious as Tater Tots. This lovely, sprawling ground cover grows effortlessly almost anywhere and we have ours planted in a variety of locations, from medicinal herb …

Find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. USDA Hardiness Zones: 8-11 (in ground), 5-11 (in containers), African Potato Mint / Chinese Potato / Plectranthus rotundifolia in 4 inch pots. Also seek fragrance. But please contact me if you have problems with your order,   United States   |   English (US)   |   $ (USD), African Potoe Mint cuttings- Beautiful Edible Perennial groundcover, Cranberry Hibiscus Plant cuttings for Herbal Tea, and beautiful Medicinal Plant starts, Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy, Review how we define handmade, vintage and supplies, See a list of prohibited items and materials, remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. Whether indoors or on a patio, African Potato Mint thrive in containers (zones 5-11). 6 people have this in their carts right now. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. I thought I was buying 1 hibiscus cutting and I got 4 along with some sunflower seeds! We take intellectual property concerns very seriously, but many of these problems can be resolved directly by the parties involved. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. Please try again. Bumping this, I'm interested in obtaining some, I have seedlings of my Allspice tree to offer in exchange. Our rare plants tend to sell out fast. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. Order processing time before shipment averages from 1-14 days. Nicely packed and arrived fast. Delicious as Tater Tots.Average Mature Height: 2-3 feet, Full sun to part shade under well-drained soil. You can furnish that house in old stuff and redo them to look ever so awesome. Perhaps more whites, maybe yellows and oranges near the furniture. Selina Wamucii is a marketplace where buyers from anywhere in the world can easily source and buy food & agricultural produce from any African country. African Potato Mint should be planted in partial shade or full sun areas of the garden. You should add some details like that at the end of your tutorials to make it more personal. The newest video. Featured Answer. This seller usually responds within a few hours. This unique plant will produce potato like tubers in hot dry areas. Perhaps more whites, maybe yellows and oranges near the furniture. Good butter has a wonderful flavor, even when cold. Free heirloom seed catalog! Thanks DG but I can't take all the credit my daughter is doing a great job with the editing. You can sign up for additional order status/tracking alerts on your Order Status Page. Almost all of our plants ship (bare root, of course) to Hawaii & Puerto Rico. Glen sent me a few little tubers last year, and I have more than I know what to do with now. As the chicken was already cool, the butter didn't melt. One plant will produce several bulbs.It makes a Beautiful groundcover, edible crop for the Front Yard! Two days ago I poached a large chicken breast, intending to make at least two meals of it, just for myself.

You can view and track your orders progress online any time via your Order Status Page! Plants have also been fertilized for the season. Please don't hesitate to contact Seller with Any questions, Thank you! Want to know more? PM me if you want. Now cultivated extensively in India and other areas, it is a promising crop for the Americas as well.

If your cabinets were painted white (as Mint mentioned, and as I at first thought from your description of the white painted kitchen) then I'd go for either black countertops or the copper ones Mint suggested, but with the white backsplash and dark cabinets I think white counters will continue the contrast with the cherry nicely. Help with overgrown container! Delicious as Tater Tots. Sow Exotic ships nationwide year-round to the United States. African Potato Mint should be planted in partial shade or full sun areas of the garden. We do this with marketing and advertising partners (who may have their own information they’ve collected). African Potatoe Mint (Plectranthus Rotundifolious) is a small potato-like tuber that looks and tastes like an Irish Potatoe and a Yam: see picture #7. I love sunflowrs too. A wonderful ground cover for drought prone areas with the added benefit of edible tubers! Water needs are minimal once established. We hand select for each order from our stock of premium quality plants grown & raised at A Natural Farm in Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida.

POLL: Butter on the counter or in the fridge? For those with a Homeowners Association that restricts food grown in front yards, or just want to grow something bug resistant, edible and pretty. We ship to Puerto Rico! Yes, this is a big improvement just from your last video, Glenn! Weather HoldsWaiting for the perfect time to plant?

Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Free shipping for many products! I also took some cuttings and planted in the pot in the right, and they are also growing well! How African Potato is effective for various diseases is listed in repertory format.

But please contact me if you have any problems with your order. Saying no will not stop you from seeing Etsy ads, but it may make them less relevant or more repetitive. ", Login with username, password and session length. See pictures #2,#3. Requires 6 months of warm to hot growing conditions to yield mature tubers. We ship to Puerto Rico! Plants that DO NOT ship to Puerto Rico: Coffee, Palm, Banana, Plants that DO NOT ship to Hawaii: Pineapple, Palm, Papaya, Coffee, Banana, Passion Fruit, Plant Type: Deciduous Perennial or Annual Herb/Edible Tuber. Please email care@sowexotic.com to request a custom hold.